shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspicious Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Okay ladies!

We know that men are notoriously "not slick" when it comes to engagement hints and the like. Since so many people are anticipating possible holiday engagements, I thought it would be fun to collect "suspicious activity" alerts in one place. Maybe you will see some behaviors here that are common to your SO, or things to tune into for the future.
31.gif
Please chime in, even if you aren''t expecting a proposal for a long time!

Here''s mine for today:

SO was asking if I had any food requests for his mom for when we visit over the holidays. I told him no, since I will be making all of my holiday demands on my OWN mother
3.gif
. Then he says, "well, you know she [his mom] is going to make gumbo. You guys can make it together. It would be like mother daughter bonding. You can also watch her make stewed potatoes. We need to get you domesticated before you get a ring." (he was kidding about domestication, FYI!
2.gif
) I did respond that I have a mother, thank you very much, and that I already make yummy gumbo, but he *insisted* that this was different. LOL.

So that was today''s suspicious activity.

Any takers? What suspicious hints and clues are you ladies getting about pending engagements?
31.gif
27.gif
12.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Out of nowhere, sitting on the couch watching tv...

"Hey, what''s your ring size?"
19.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t even want to know. I have about 100 that have happened in the past two days. I''m not even joking.

I''ll just say this:

FF is out with my BFF to meet for lunch and to decide if he should get me something or not. The restaurant they are meeting at is "close to where we''d have to go if we decide to get it". And he got dressed up-long sleeved button down, his nice shoes and his nice pants. WTF?!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
How about telling me that the setting for my stone will have the initials B.A?
20.gif
Like, does he think I''m really that clueless? ROFL! Perhaps he thinks that since he just got aquainted with that setting that I haven''t been going Goo-goo-ga-ga over it for years
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ah well, Gotta give him an E for effort. He really did seem extra proud when he gave me my "sutble hint", LOL!

~SL.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:58:03 PM
Author: mayachel

''Hey, what''s your ring size?''
19.gif

AHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA SUBTLE!!!!!!!! That''s gold!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
hmm..
"why dont you ask for bridal mags from your secret santa at work"... when i asked him what my hobbies were..LOL!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
He asked me for the phone number at my parents house the other day...

Presumably so he can call my dad!!!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Well I had nothing to report because my BF hasn't been doing anything suspicious whatsoever.

until yesterday...

Last night we went to dinner at his parents house and we were all talking about Thanksgiving: what to bring, what we're eating, who's joining us, etc. His cousin who flew in from the west coast was there and they started talking about going out the following evening (as in tonight). So his mom tells them that she got tickets for the guys (bf, his dad and his cousin) to go to this concert downtown. BF, then blurts out, "Mom, remember that we're meeting tomorrow at 5." Then I looked at him, like "huh?" (b/c I had no idea what the hell he was talking about) and then he goes, "what?" and looked at his mom. But before he could change the subject, his mom goes "right, I'm meeting you but you haven't given me the exact address" (This all happened really really fast). Then they both looked at me because I had a quizzical look on my face Im sure, then looked at eachother and then his mom got up to go into the kitchen. BF got up shortly after to go to the bathroom, and I was left at the table with his cousin who was like, "So...anyway."

So I asked my BF later where he was going tomorrow with his mom before he met up with his dad and cousin and he said, "oh I asked my mom to come with me to buy my sister her Christmas present since I don't know what to get her."

Now, this might be true, and therefore I'd be imagining everything (because I so want it to mean more than this) but why would he be meeting his mom today (of all days!) in the city at 5PM to go buy his sister a Christmas gift when its only November? And why is it a big deal when I'm usually the one who always picks out her gift (I've been doing this for 5 years now)?

It was just weird...

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
ohhh great thread! I have one...

Jewler called his cell phone when he was in the shower..he put the number as "Jewler" HAHA not very slick

ringless

Shiny_Rock
My bf is always doing little things that make me suspicious, but I try not to read too much into them... it''s so hard though! :)

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Loveroundbrilliants - ahhh, I think I would faint.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Bia - Ahhhmmmm... that totally sounds like he wants to go ring shopping with his mom!
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
GREAT THREAD!!!
Just last night he asked "What will your parents decorate at their house for Christmas once you are living here with me?"
31.gif
(Not living with FF until marriage)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 2:08:02 PM
Author: ringless
Bia - Ahhhmmmm... that totally sounds like he wants to go ring shopping with his mom!
31.gif
You think???

I don''t know. It did seem suspicious but then again, it might be nothing. Cross your fingers!!!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Dreamgirl and Bia... Yes, and Yes... you two are up next in my eyes! (lots of dussstttt... that's me sprinkling it on you both)

tessari

Shiny_Rock
He told me to stop looking at any ring settings or ideas and not tell him any new details about it--not to talk about it in specifics because he''s going to get me "everything I want" which I think means HOF diamonds in the band--he was against that before!

But...he''s also starting to play tricks on me...like the other day we were in the lobby and he opened up our mailbox and started to take stuff out and said "wait, there''s something in there that I don''t want you to see" implying that it was something engagement related and of course I got all curious and started bugging him...then later on when we passed by the lobby again we took out the mail together and I asked him what the secret mail was but he said "oh, i was just playing with you bc I know how you can''t stand that stuff."

He''s already told me that he''s going to psych me out a few times--I know we will have some sort of proposal weekend trip--so I think he''ll tell me to pack my bags on a Friday afternoon, I will get all excited, then he''ll call to say he got stuck at work...I think the first couple times he tries to pull that I will call his bluff and pack nothing...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:42:41 PM
Author: tessari
He told me to stop looking at any ring settings or ideas and not tell him any new details about it--not to talk about it in specifics because he''s going to get me ''everything I want'' which I think means HOF diamonds in the band--he was against that before!

But...he''s also starting to play tricks on me...like the other day we were in the lobby and he opened up our mailbox and started to take stuff out and said ''wait, there''s something in there that I don''t want you to see'' implying that it was something engagement related and of course I got all curious and started bugging him...then later on when we passed by the lobby again we took out the mail together and I asked him what the secret mail was but he said ''oh, i was just playing with you bc I know how you can''t stand that stuff.''

He''s already told me that he''s going to psych me out a few times--I know we will have some sort of proposal weekend trip--so I think he''ll tell me to pack my bags on a Friday afternoon, I will get all excited, then he''ll call to say he got stuck at work...I think the first couple times he tries to pull that I will call his bluff and pack nothing...
Little booger!

American Girl

Rough_Rock
I ''accidentally'' found out that he has/had the diamond... he told me there''s no use looking for it as it''s been sent out to be set.

We''re supposed to be engaged before the end of this year... so... I''m hoping it will be really really really soon, I just can''t handle this much longer (I''m sure many of you can relate lol!).

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:58:03 PM
Author: mayachel

''Hey, what''s your ring size?''
19.gif
Hahah! Boys are great.
9.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday for the past couple weeks he''s been emailing me with questions about diamonds/rings/settings...Whats the difference between bezel and pave, Whats it called when there''s diamonds around the main diamond, What''s the difference between excellent and very good cut....The last email I got about diamonds/rings was...What size ring do you wear again? And then he went to dinner with his dad to "talk about stuff"... 3 1/2 hours later he came home that night with a burrito from Chipotle...I asked him "I thought you had dinner with your dad"....after getting tounge tied and flustered he just got upset and said "I went shopping ok!" Then walked out of the room...Now I don''t know if it was for rings...but there has been no discussion of rings lately...It''s turned more towards wedding talk....We''ll soon see
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 2:54:51 PM
Author: ringless
Dreamgirl and Bia... Yes, and Yes... you two are up next in my eyes! (lots of dussstttt... that's me sprinkling it on you both)
I wish! Thank you for the dust dear.
31.gif
But my guess is that I need tons of dust. lol! Dust dust dust for you too!!!

ETA- I'm #31 on the list and our girl Bia is #32
9.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 4:43:01 PM
Author: ams0124
Everyday for the past couple weeks he''s been emailing me with questions about diamonds/rings/settings...Whats the difference between bezel and pave, Whats it called when there''s diamonds around the main diamond, What''s the difference between excellent and very good cut....The last email I got about diamonds/rings was...What size ring do you wear again? And then he went to dinner with his dad to ''talk about stuff''... 3 1/2 hours later he came home that night with a burrito from Chipotle...I asked him ''I thought you had dinner with your dad''....after getting tounge tied and flustered he just got upset and said ''I went shopping ok!'' Then walked out of the room...Now I don''t know if it was for rings...but there has been no discussion of rings lately...It''s turned more towards wedding talk....We''ll soon see
3.gif
hahaha...that''s hilarious!!! boys are so silly...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha that is pretty funny!!

Last weekend the talk of Tiffany engagment rings came up. (Can''t remember how
27.gif
) I honestly think I didn''t start that conversation but he tells me again how he likes "the one with baguettes"
4.gif
(he didn''t know what baguettes were a while ago) anyway, I ask him why he likes that one so much and he said "because it has a very classic look"
30.gif
lol and I''m like "Well, I like that one but I still like the Tiffany Setting after you had me try it on. But, I''d take either you know!!!"
31.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
my dad came home and told me that my boyfriend asked him for his blessing.... (and that he said i wasn''t his to give away, but it was ok with him. lol, gotta love a progressive dad.)

not suspicious on boyfriend''s part, as i didn''t know he was up to anything, but certainly not suave on my dad''s part!!!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
This is the first time I''ve ever had "suspicious activity"

Last week Mr. Man called me to tell me he was going out of town in two weeks and wanted to make sure we didn''t have anything planned. I assumed it was work related until he told me he "had to do some shopping" in Atlanta (where his family lives). Now, I know it wont be for Christmas presents because we have already decided not to do anything crazy for each other or our families this year and I know what he already got me. (new ski goggles!)

I tried not to ask him too many questions but really.... what else could it be? I''m stoked though, his mother has great taste and I know she will help him out if he is ring shopping!

YEEEEAAAAAA! I can''t stop thinking about how great a christmas proposal would be. We are spending this Christmas with his family in their new mountain house in Colorado. It will be my first white Christmas and it would be so great. But... I have to keep on telling myself that it probibly wont happen then. I''d hate to have it not happen and then feel dissapointed. In anycase, I think it''s going to happen within the next few months!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
LOL! These guys are adorable! Keep your radars up ladies!
31.gif
27.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got confirmation of something from BFF''s BF (my other BFF). I can''t say anymore, but SSSSQQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 1:01:08 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I got confirmation of something from BFF''s BF (my other BFF). I can''t say anymore, but SSSSQQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

me too! it was great, at a friends wedding, that friend told me something was going to happen!

boys!

and LoveRoundBrillants, your man is too funny!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 1:01:08 AM
Author: FrekeChild

LOL!

I can feel the anticipation in the air...and we''re online!!!!
9.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
GahhhhhhH! Last night S/O asks me what my Dad''s schedule is like these days being that he''s a contractor and his work is seasonal!!! Says he needs to go and have a talk with him "about my little brother and the current situation he''s in"! BABY BROTHER MY FOOT!
31.gif
He and my baby bro talk on the phone all the time, and my bro calls him for advice when he wants it.... I am so excited I could scream! But I won''t just yet; don''t want to take away from the shriek I will belt out when it finally happens!
36.gif

~SL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results