shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspicious Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuiteLady

Rough_Rock

I can''t wait to read about the engagements!!!! I love love. But there is no radar from me.

Last night he brought in a local community newspaper. The society pages featured a fancy schmancy big $$$$$ wedding. My FF turned to the page and asked me to read their engagement/wedding story. The couple got engaged in Vegas and we are talking about going to Vegas in the spring. I looked at the FF and was like, “OK. I read it.”

His response? “They served Caesar salad in Parmesan bowls AND surf and turf. Do you think that you can replicate that on a $2000 budget?” Hardy-har!

25.gif

Last night we talked about the timeline and honestly; I just don’t think it will happen until the spring. If it does…I will be very surprised.

We were sitting on the bed, he grabs my ring finger and holds it up saying, "Your ring will look sooooo nice on this finger!"

(he''s been teasing me since he got it)
30.gif

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Well I wish I had to be supspicious with my FF!!! Well he has already asked me in a way about a month ago but we decided that we aren''t announcing it until the ring comes in... there was a few delays as the rings prong was broke when the first ring came in and it had to get made again which is taking forever... So anyways.. he tried telling me last week that they didn''t order it until 2 weeks after he went in so it wasn''t going to be ready until the middle of December.. and then he started getting cranky and acting like something was bothering him for 2 days and then at dinner Saturday night he said that the ring was in and it was sent out for the diamond to be set and will be ready this Wednesday!!! He cannont keep a secret for the life of him.. he tried to lie and say he was working late but then confessed he was going to talk to my parents about a month ago and now this!!! So... knowing him he won''t be able to keep the ring from me when he gets it tomorrow... so I will probably get it tomorrow.. I just don''t know how he is going to do it!! I know he wants to make it special but I really wish I didn''t know anything.. I helped him pick out the ring but that was as far as I wanted my part to go but he just keeps telling me EVERYTHING and I kind of wanted a surprise proposal!!! So.. we will see!

But my advice is to be happy that you don''t know and really try not to sneak and find out... it really is much nicer being a surprise!!!

But on the other hand I may be "officially" engaged tomorrow!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 1:03:28 PM
Author: Jena17
Well I wish I had to be supspicious with my FF!!! Well he has already asked me in a way about a month ago but we decided that we aren''t announcing it until the ring comes in... there was a few delays as the rings prong was broke when the first ring came in and it had to get made again which is taking forever... So anyways.. he tried telling me last week that they didn''t order it until 2 weeks after he went in so it wasn''t going to be ready until the middle of December.. and then he started getting cranky and acting like something was bothering him for 2 days and then at dinner Saturday night he said that the ring was in and it was sent out for the diamond to be set and will be ready this Wednesday!!! He cannont keep a secret for the life of him.. he tried to lie and say he was working late but then confessed he was going to talk to my parents about a month ago and now this!!! So... knowing him he won''t be able to keep the ring from me when he gets it tomorrow... so I will probably get it tomorrow.. I just don''t know how he is going to do it!! I know he wants to make it special but I really wish I didn''t know anything.. I helped him pick out the ring but that was as far as I wanted my part to go but he just keeps telling me EVERYTHING and I kind of wanted a surprise proposal!!! So.. we will see!

But my advice is to be happy that you don''t know and really try not to sneak and find out... it really is much nicer being a surprise!!!

But on the other hand I may be ''officially'' engaged tomorrow!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Congrats Jena!!! How exciting for you and your FF! He sounds so excited and adorable! And I hope people aren''t using this thread as an excuse to "snoop around!" LOL.
38.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
This just in.
1.gif

Two friends from college just got engaged!
36.gif
They are younger than us, but they were dating in college when we were, and they were both engineers in the same campus org as SO and I. They broke up once in college, but I guess they got back together at some point. Anyway, I told SO about their proposal, which was at Magic Mountain, the same place where he asked her out, and he had a big sign with the proposal on it, and his sister was there to video the whole thing. It was really cute.

SO''s response: "hmm... I didn''t know they were back together. Bahh, he took the easy way out, using a sign. He didn''t even have to say it."

33.gif
Men!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha Trill!!!

(And I'm not using this thread as an excuse for snooping. I don't even need to snoop! There are blatant signs EVERYWHERE. I actually told him that he needs to be extra careful and start lying to me more because I'm on edge and being even more perceptive than usual. I hope he keeps that in mind...Because the signs are freaking overwhelming. So I think a ring might be in the works, but I still don't think a proposal is going to take place in 2008. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if it did.)

3.gif

ETA: BTW, I had a friend who asked her BF to marry her (it was a spur of the moment thing, and they just tied the knot a month later) And when I told FF, he said, "Well that's a cop out." Lol.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke holy cow!!!! I''m on edge for you!
36.gif

Soooo the ring gets delivered today!!! Aaaaahhhhh! I''m going crazy. FF got the REAL pic of the REAL ring (I wasn''t allowed to see
8.gif
) and he said the CADs looked like crap compared to the real thing. Eeeeeee!!! Anywho, suspicion! We decided to have an open house the weekend before Christmas with both families, just for drinks and appies. After we decided that, he turns to me and says, oh yeah, I know how I''m doing it now. As in proposing!!

yippee10.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Sunnyd!!!!! I bet it's coming soon!!!!!I can't wait to see your gorgeous ring, I bet it's going to be a stunner!!!

(And what a stinker your FF is for not letting you see the pictures!!!)

ETA: FF was giving me funny looks last night when I said that the list was long, but that luckily it'd just been cleaned and that I was now #20...it was...suspicious.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 2:39:03 PM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG Sunnyd!!!!! I bet it''s coming soon!!!!!I can''t wait to see your gorgeous ring, I bet it''s going to be a stunner!!!

(And what a stinker your FF is for not letting you see the pictures!!!)

ETA: FF was giving me funny looks last night when I said that the list was long, but that luckily it''d just been cleaned and that I was now #20...it was...suspicious.
He''s really being a jerk about it. Hahaha, he''s telling me that he showed his sister, he knows how he''s gonna do it, you''re gonna love it, he called when he picked up the damn thing. It''s driving me mad I tell you, MAD!!!
9.gif

I can''t wait to see yours! The blue on both stones you have is incredible!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Stay vigilant ladies!!!

***DUST***

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
The other night I tried really hard to pull some infoout of him but he wouldn''t budge. He had thiss smileo n his face like if he opened him mouth he was afraid he''d spill everything so he just kept it shut. I beggedhim for just one clue and he said "No, b/c that would be disclosure." LOL

He did say however that between now and New Years would be REALLY exciting. EEEK !
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Um, can I report myself? SO does not know about my PS obession, and yesterday I was PSing while he was playing video games. Suddenly he becomes very focused on what I am doing, and is asking, what are you doing? Did that just say ''diamonds?''

*eek*

Oh, it''s just a forum... I was talking to people about breeders vs. shelter dogs. (I was!) I showed him the thread, and talked about it a bit, then segued to the Obama dog decision. (THANKS OBAMAS!) He shrugged it off, but was definitely suspicious of my activities!
emembarrassed.gif
"I thought I saw diamonds..."

I had to move on to Facebook after that...
emotion-18.gif

I''m just not ready to see he look on his face as I explain what a LIW is, or when he snoops on here for my posts.... LOL
23.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... more activity.
31.gif

SO was in his room on the PC and I was in the kitchen. I came up behind him and he was on his email. My vision is less than spectacular, and I wasn''t really focused on what he was doing, I was just harrassing him and looking for the remote, but I swear I saw an email conversation (gmail) with someone named ''William'' before he quickly changed the page. ''William'' would be MY DAD! I don''t know anyone else named William that SO is friends with. None.
19.gif

Now, this could be a big nothing, because SO was emailing my dad last year about X-mas gifts to make sure they didn''t both get me the same thing (they did, lol!) But, it COULD be that he is emailing about his intentions before he comes out to visit my fam. I wouldn''t normally be suspicious, but SO just dropped a LOT of money on tickets so that we can see both of our families over the holidays, and he was really insistent about it. We have never done this before, we typically just go to our respective families, and spend new years together without our families.

And he left his email up too. He went to class and just left me here with all the email, and I actually have to be an adult and not look at it.
29.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
He told me to take off a few days in the beginning of the year. There is a delicious steak restaurant about 300 miles away that him and his friends go to for special occasions. His friend who lives across country is coming to visit so it seemed like a viable reason. Except all the little things he keeps telling me. I have a dress he always says I shoudl wear and I told him that when he was ready to propose I will wear the dress. He keeps telling me to pack something nice, a certain dress, doesn''t promise anything but i should to be "safe". He keeps hinting other ways like little things here and there, plus this trip coincides with this "timeline".

I dunno imight be reading into it crazy, or he might be trying to throw me off or be mean and tease me.

who knows!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 7:43:51 PM
Author: ckrickett
He told me to take off a few days in the beginning of the year. There is a delicious steak restaurant about 300 miles away that him and his friends go to for special occasions. His friend who lives across country is coming to visit so it seemed like a viable reason. Except all the little things he keeps telling me. I have a dress he always says I shoudl wear and I told him that when he was ready to propose I will wear the dress. He keeps telling me to pack something nice, a certain dress, doesn't promise anything but i should to be 'safe'. He keeps hinting other ways like little things here and there, plus this trip coincides with this 'timeline'.

I dunno imight be reading into it crazy, or he might be trying to throw me off or be mean and tease me.

who knows!
I hope you like steak, CKR!
31.gif

,ore activity... SO just came home from his class and brought in a bunch of drinks (he didn't have anything I liked before) and I thought, how nice, he got drinks for us. I put them away, then went back to the room where I had been watching a movie, and he had a bud vase of flowers waiting for me in perfect pink!
30.gif
What a cutie!

but still a bit suspicious...
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BFF started texting FF last night. All I know is, "It''s something about something. We''re arranging something."

14.gif

Totally suspicious.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
SO indicated awhile ago he wanted to ask my parents for permission first before searching for a ring. We spent Thanksgiving at my parents and he and my Dad spent a lot of time chatting. Don''t know if he actually asked my dad, but when we were driving back from my parents, he says "I am so grateful they actually like me and didn''t lock me in the basement or interrogate me". He also referenced being a part of the family a couple of times.

Later he suggested he needs to go shopping soon for my present(s) with his mother and sister because he trusts their judgment better. He has done well getting my presents by himself in the past, so why he needs help this time seems suspicious. Especially since he''s previously stated that he''d take them along when he goes ring shopping.

I don''t expect a Christmas proposal, but probably around February sometime for our anniversary or some other significant date (when we decided to talk about our future/worked on a concert together, etc.) Either way, this is all exciting, ladies! Best wishes!
37.gif
30.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:58:03 PM
Author: mayachel
Out of nowhere, sitting on the couch watching tv...

''Hey, what''s your ring size?''
19.gif
This is hilarious! Do men really think they are being inconspicuous ?! Aren''t they adorable when they are being stoppid
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
He wants to ANNOUNCE our engagement at the party we''re hosting for our families. Announcing!!! So it''ll be before then! Aieee!!!
9.gif
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:51:43 PM
Author: sunnyd
He wants to ANNOUNCE our engagement at the party we''re hosting for our families. Announcing!!! So it''ll be before then! Aieee!!!
9.gif
9.gif
gooooooodluck

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sunnyd--when exactly is this party?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:24:25 AM
Author: FrekeChild
BFF started texting FF last night. All I know is, ''It''s something about something. We''re arranging something.''

14.gif

Totally suspicious.
Hahaha, that''s great! He is *so* completely enjoying this.
3.gif
9.gif

Yeah, sunnyd! When is this par-tay?
31.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke and Gwen, it''s Dec 20th. Holy crap.

Might be time to turn over the list lady.
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! SunnyD! You''re going to be getting engaged FAST! Before Dec 20! Ack! I''m so excited for you!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Dec. 20th?! That''s 3 weeks away! Holy crap is right!
6.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Oh, and Freke, I meant that it''s awesome he seems to be enjoying this because, when they''re acting like that, it''s usually right before the asking
2.gif
(in case you thought it sounded like I was enjoying your torture
3.gif
).

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Reading all this activity makes me want to pee my pants, I'm so excited for everyone!!!!

Sunny- HOLY COW! That's coming up FAST.

Trill- I give you credit for staying strong
2.gif
Your FFI is being a PITA- what a sneaky little one he is!

Enjoy the anxiety, ladies! An itty bitty part of me wishes I was back in that spot, rather than formulating wedding budgets!! The build-up to a proposal is SO SO SO fun and exciting!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gwen, you mean to tell me that you''re NOT enjoying my torture?

He''s been kind of grumpy the past few days, but extra affectionate. And he went on a random errand yesterday for about an hour. But I think that might have been Christmas shopping. I dunno!!!

Sunnyd, I''m so excited for you!!!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
SunnyD, that''s so exciting! I''m sure it''ll be so amazing when it happens.

It''s so energizing to hear of everyone''s "signs". Here are some of my FF''s from yesterday:

1) He said he needs to find a good place to hide the ring soon so I won''t accidentally find it.
2) He brought up marriage/engagement 3 times (while he was adamant about not talking about it before...)
3) He referred to his home as "our home" (I''m not moving in until we''re married).
4)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
We went to lunch yesterday, and we were talking while waiting to order. Out of the blue, he says "girlfriends are expensive." (we were eating a lunch that was <$20 total, and I picked the place, btw.) So I look at him confused...

Him: you have to buy them engagement rings and such...
me: I don''t think you can really complain about purchases that you haven''t made (he doesn''t know that I know!
27.gif
)
him: well, it will take me a few years to mentally prepare for that.
me: it''s going to take you a few years to mentally prepare to spend money on a ring?
him: Mmm hmm
me: interesting

Lol, so I proceeded to very serenly IGNORE the comment and we continued our lovely lunch. I just want to note that I haven''t talked to him about rings since July, but he always seems to manage to bring them up. If this a guy''s idea of how to throw a girl off the scent?
20.gif
Not slick buddy.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO Trill! What a nerd!!!Do you think he''s trying to throw you off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results