shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspicious Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ooooo that sounds NICE
30.gif

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I am pretty sure he bought the stone and I have two major clues:

We went to check out rings together some weeks ago and saw a stone we both really liked at this one jewelery store. I had lunch with my mom in the same area a couple weeks later and wanted to pop by the jewelery store with her to show her the ring. When we asked to see it the sales associate said someone had purchased it the day before to set in a different ring. My BF had gone ring shopping that "day before" and also came back home with a pair of jeans from the boutique right next door to the jewelers.

On friday we went to get the mail together and it was a huge pile that he was holding...there was some holiday marketing mailing from that same jeweler and it fell on the floor in the lobby. We had only been to this store together once and I don''t remember us giving them any of our contact information when we were there together. I picked the glossy mailing up and said "oooh, look what they sent you." And he got really nervous and said "oh yeah, i bet i got that because i gave them my card when we were there." I said "yes, of course" but I knew right away that if he gave them his card it has his work address on it--why would it come to our house?

Exciting stuff...but I know I won''t get it until 2009...maybe not even until March!! I''m going bananas....We had three holiday parties this weekend and everyone wanted to know WHEN!?? We watch TV together and every other ad is for jewelery--once the holidays are over I think I can relax and wait but for now I feel like this engagement stuff is in my face all the time! Anyone else dealing with this heightened anxiety bc of the holidays but knowing your proposal is not going to happen until later?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 2:23:57 PM
Author: tessari

We went to check out rings together some weeks ago and saw a stone we both really liked at this one jewelery store. I had lunch with my mom in the same area a couple weeks later and wanted to pop by the jewelery store with her to show her the ring. When we asked to see it the sales associate said someone had purchased it the day before to set in a different ring. My BF had gone ring shopping that ''day before'' and also came back home with a pair of jeans from the boutique right next door to the jewelers.

On friday we went to get the mail together and it was a huge pile that he was holding...there was some holiday marketing mailing from that same jeweler and it fell on the floor in the lobby. We had only been to this store together once and I don''t remember us giving them any of our contact information when we were there together. I picked the glossy mailing up and said ''oooh, look what they sent you.'' And he got really nervous and said ''oh yeah, i bet i got that because i gave them my card when we were there.'' I said ''yes, of course'' but I knew right away that if he gave them his card it has his work address on it--why would it come to our house?

Exciting stuff...but I know I won''t get it until 2009...maybe not even until March!! I''m going bananas....We had three holiday parties this weekend and everyone wanted to know WHEN!?? We watch TV together and every other ad is for jewelery--once the holidays are over I think I can relax and wait but for now I feel like this engagement stuff is in my face all the time! Anyone else dealing with this heightened anxiety bc of the holidays but knowing your proposal is not going to happen until later?
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am SO excited for you! Bless their hearts, men have NOTHING on a woman waiting for a ring! We notice EVERYTHING! I recently found the ring that I just ''knew'' SO had bought in July. (I was right!) Funny, because this weekend, he was checking his email, and he had this HUGE email from that retailer, and there is 100% NO reason that he would be getting email from them aside from the fact that he purchased from them. I hope your wait is shorter than mine!!!

***Holiday DUST***

Erin

Ideal_Rock
So boyfriend says he needs to go shopping tonight, still a few things on his list. I ask, "Want me to go with you?" He says "Sure. But when am I going to buy your present if you keep coming with me?" I said "I don''t know, want some ideas?" He says, "I hate shopping. Well, I shouldn''t say I hate shopping. I just don''t know what to get you." I answered, "Why don''t you just pay my assessment from the Country Club?" (our golf course flooded this summer and they gave everyone a nifty $250 bill to be paid by the end of the year) He says, "Well, I guess that beats trying to pick something out for you."

How exciting. I was half joking. I shoulda kept my big mouth shut.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 2:52:29 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 12/15/2008 2:23:57 PM
Author: tessari

We went to check out rings together some weeks ago and saw a stone we both really liked at this one jewelery store. I had lunch with my mom in the same area a couple weeks later and wanted to pop by the jewelery store with her to show her the ring. When we asked to see it the sales associate said someone had purchased it the day before to set in a different ring. My BF had gone ring shopping that ''day before'' and also came back home with a pair of jeans from the boutique right next door to the jewelers.

On friday we went to get the mail together and it was a huge pile that he was holding...there was some holiday marketing mailing from that same jeweler and it fell on the floor in the lobby. We had only been to this store together once and I don''t remember us giving them any of our contact information when we were there together. I picked the glossy mailing up and said ''oooh, look what they sent you.'' And he got really nervous and said ''oh yeah, i bet i got that because i gave them my card when we were there.'' I said ''yes, of course'' but I knew right away that if he gave them his card it has his work address on it--why would it come to our house?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am SO excited for you! Bless their hearts, men have NOTHING on a woman waiting for a ring! We notice EVERYTHING! I recently found the ring that I just ''knew'' SO had bought in July. (I was right!) Funny, because this weekend, he was checking his email, and he had this HUGE email from that retailer, and there is 100% NO reason that he would be getting email from them aside from the fact that he purchased from them. I hope your wait is shorter than mine!!!

***Holiday DUST***
I know what you mean, I am on high alert for any clues but have not really gone digging for them...yet! He told me he had gone ring shopping that day but specifically said that he has not found a jeweler to work with and that he was overwhelmed...so when I went back to the store with my mom and they said the stone was gone I was suspicious but thought it was some other guy...the mailing made it even more suspicious!
Anyway, I really do hope your wait is shorter than mine! Mine could take a while....harumph!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
My SO and I were together yesterday (one of the weekends we actually get to spend the whole day together). When he got a phone call -- it was a woman, not just any woman -- the jewelry store SA. So I tried to be a good LIW and patter away, but he can be a little loud when talking on the phone. Short of humming and being obvious that I knew what was going on I couldn''t really do anything. So, I sat there while he spoke with her, fidgeting. Realizing that I could hear everything, he got up and started walking away. Before he got out of the room, however, i heard something along the lines of the next few months. i didn''t want hear anything else, so now that he was no longer observing me, i walked to the other side of the room to make extra sure I heard nothing. I can''t help but wonder though... I wonder what he''s up to.

PS. I dont'' really want to share this with my friends -- they might tell him i heard something... but i''m bursting at the seams with excitement. So, I thought i''d share it with you ladies! :)

SuiteLady

Rough_Rock
Tessari, I think that you are on to something.

My situation has not changed. I know that he wants to marry me. He was in a wedding this past weekend. He came home and was like, "No more weddings for me...Well, as a groomsman." Then he said that during the ceremony, he thought about our wedding. Then he said, "Well...All of your family is going to be home for the holidays. I will have to go out and buy the ring for you so that I can make it official in front of the family."

My response? I sort of looked like this -
emotion-40.gif

kimmels

Rough_Rock
I love this thread! I hope that all reported suspicious activity results in happy endings! And I''m glad I''m not the only one in suspense!

I''m very new on this forum, but we''ve been ring shopping so I know it''s going to happen soon - I just don''t know the details and it''s driving me up the wall. I''m a control freak who doesn''t like surprises but we agreed he could make the final decision and surprise me with a proposal, and it''s hard because I can''t stop thinking about it.

A couple of weeks ago I was rushing home from school so that my boyfriend could take the car out. He''s a gardening nut, just crazy, and he is still taking care of things in his garden, even in the snow, and I assumed he needed the car to get some supplies as usual. I rushed home and he wasn''t there, and he came in about an hour later - he was held up at school - and he looked so sad! He said, "It''s too late, I can''t do what I was going to do before I go to work." I said, "Honey, I''d be happy to go out and get you your stuff, just tell me what you need," and he said, "No, iit''s not for the garden! I had ERRANDS! Secret ERRANDS!" He looked so frustrated and I just tried not to laugh, it was so cute.

Today he also has "errands." I''m dying, I''m dying! But this thread is helping me behave myself, so thank you!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
LOL That is so funny!!! Secret errands!! :)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 12:18:07 PM
Author: kimmels
I love this thread! I hope that all reported suspicious activity results in happy endings! And I''m glad I''m not the only one in suspense!

I''m very new on this forum, but we''ve been ring shopping so I know it''s going to happen soon - I just don''t know the details and it''s driving me up the wall. I''m a control freak who doesn''t like surprises but we agreed he could make the final decision and surprise me with a proposal, and it''s hard because I can''t stop thinking about it.

A couple of weeks ago I was rushing home from school so that my boyfriend could take the car out. He''s a gardening nut, just crazy, and he is still taking care of things in his garden, even in the snow, and I assumed he needed the car to get some supplies as usual. I rushed home and he wasn''t there, and he came in about an hour later - he was held up at school - and he looked so sad! He said, ''It''s too late, I can''t do what I was going to do before I go to work.'' I said, ''Honey, I''d be happy to go out and get you your stuff, just tell me what you need,'' and he said, ''No, iit''s not for the garden! I had ERRANDS! Secret ERRANDS!'' He looked so frustrated and I just tried not to laugh, it was so cute.

Today he also has ''errands.'' I''m dying, I''m dying! But this thread is helping me behave myself, so thank you!
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Errands!? Secret Errands!?
3.gif

That is my favorite one so far! How cute are these guys!
21.gif

***DUST***

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
I keep telling my BF I want to go to Longwood Gardens before Christmas to see all of the pretty flowers, lights, and decorated trees. My BF keeps saying things like, "Don''t worry about it, let me worry about that." and "I might have something up my sleeve.", etc., etc. So I mentioned it again this weekend since there is only one more weekend until Christmas. I also told him that I would prefer to not go on Saturday, the 20th b/c I know for a fact that my ex will be there proposing to his girlfriend...awkward...so I''d prefer to avoid it. For those of you that remember my previous post about my ex, he''s tried to make it into a competition around who would get engaged first...a competition I obviously am not playing. But needless to say, he told me all about how he''s proposing and when and who will be there, etc...and they''ll be all over the gardens that night so I''d rather avoid it.

Back to my convo with my BF though. I told him I''d prefer not to go on Saturday cause of my ex proposing there. And his response was, "HE''s doing it THERE?....sigh" And then he said how he "thought about using Longwood Gardens as a place to propose...if he was ever going to...." and of course I started smiling at the talk of him thinking about how he''d propose and he totally caught me and said, "I see you smiling!" But he continued with "but now I know of soooo many people that have done it there that it''s almost cliche and I''d probably find some other place."

The defeated look on his face almost makes me think I foiled his plan?! I am really, really not expecting a proposal over the holidays. He''s been really slow at work and keeps telling me how awful he feels about not being able to get me anything big or nice for Christmas. But who knows. He doesn''t strike me as the kind of guy to try throw me off the scent of a proposal, but now I can''t stop thinking about what he has up his sleeve and hoping that I didn''t ruin it!!

My roommate keeps reminding me that I''m looking at everything with "proposal brain" and that he probably just wanted to surprise me with a nice, romantic evening at the Gardens. Who knows....but I figured some of you ladies could relate to over analyzing every little thing your SO''s say to try to figure it out!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 2:33:56 PM
Author: prettylnpink419
I keep telling my BF I want to go to Longwood Gardens before Christmas to see all of the pretty flowers, lights, and decorated trees. My BF keeps saying things like, 'Don't worry about it, let me worry about that.' and 'I might have something up my sleeve.', etc., etc. So I mentioned it again this weekend since there is only one more weekend until Christmas. I also told him that I would prefer to not go on Saturday, the 20th b/c I know for a fact that my ex will be there proposing to his girlfriend...awkward...so I'd prefer to avoid it. For those of you that remember my previous post about my ex, he's tried to make it into a competition around who would get engaged first...a competition I obviously am not playing. But needless to say, he told me all about how he's proposing and when and who will be there, etc...and they'll be all over the gardens that night so I'd rather avoid it.

Back to my convo with my BF though. I told him I'd prefer not to go on Saturday cause of my ex proposing there. And his response was, 'HE's doing it THERE?....sigh' And then he said how he 'thought about using Longwood Gardens as a place to propose...if he was ever going to....' and of course I started smiling at the talk of him thinking about how he'd propose and he totally caught me and said, 'I see you smiling!' But he continued with 'but now I know of soooo many people that have done it there that it's almost cliche and I'd probably find some other place.'
Well I am glad that your ex told you, and that you told your BF. It would be super weird to have matching proposals!
40.gif
He'll think of something else.
1.gif

***DUST!***

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. Suspicious activity ALL OVER THE PLACE. All signs pointing to Vegas. We''ll see how it goes...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 6:01:02 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah. Suspicious activity ALL OVER THE PLACE. All signs pointing to Vegas. We''ll see how it goes...
Woohoo! Here''s to your return as a fiancee!
emcocktl.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 6:01:02 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay Freke!!! Hopefully the listkeeper luck works EXTRA fast for you!!!
36.gif

***DUST***

katica

Shiny_Rock
Wooo hooo good luck ladies..
I have NO suspicious activity. My SO has been working really hard the past few weeks. Until 10pm most days.
39.gif
I''m getting really lonely. But I can live vicariously through you guys!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It''s okay. SO hasn''t done anything suspicious for days and days. It''s much more fun when he does!
39.gif

****Lotsa Holiday Dust****

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t noticed any suspicious activity either!!
39.gif
38.gif
40.gif

I LOVE suspicious activity....I want some back! I have a feeling though that he has everything worked out and there''s no need to do anything "suspicious" anymore....I''m 99% certain he will ask at Christmas...so maybe he''ll start to act a little more nervous in a couple days
33.gif

If he doesn''t ask next Thrusday I''ll be floored...and that''s when I''ll really start scrutinizing every little thing he says and does...probably even down to what he wears!!!
11.gif
They''ll be suspicious activity everywhere!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Part of me thinks the title of this thread should be changed to Auspicious Activity Thread!!! It sounds like we''ll have some proposals coming up over the next few weeks!!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
One of my best friends from college works for a jeweler, but she and FF have never met. The other day we were just talking a little about getting engaged and I reminded him he should contact her for advice if he needs or wants to. He said "well, I can''t contact her because I don''t have her email address and she''s the only one of your friends on facebook I can''t send a message to because of her privacy settings. I mean...hypothetically if I had wanted to." Hehe. So I gave him her email address to hypothetically use if the need ever arises.
2.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I am getting that FEELING... we are doing SO well and I am super excited every time I think about a possible engagement, etc. I really feel it''s coming soon. Please send me some dust... sprinkle it ALL over me to make sure I am covered in it. I need all the dust I can get! lol

I''m so EXCITED...
emsmilep.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
LadyPirate - Great idea with the name! Should have thought of that!

Steph - LOL @ your 'hypothetically' sneaky, but not so sneaky BF
21.gif

Ringless - you are going to have to change your name when you graduate to BWW!

***Dust for Everyone!***

***full body dust for Ringless***
2.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! You ladies are so cute! I love this thread.

Okay so two weekends ago my SO went shopping and made a point about needing to do it ALONE....um okay. So before he leaves I hear him talking to someone on the phone from the other room and all I hear is "Oh, and what is so&so doing I''d like to see her too" and some comment about basically making a choice between a few things but nothing specific....The next night he says "hey guess who I saw when I was out shopping? my ex and so&so." (To be clear this is an ex from like 10 years ago and she''s now happily married with 3 children so it''s not that kind of suspicious activity!) Right after the shopping trip he had at least one bag and he hid it in his trunk as I was coming out of the building to hop in his car....this weekend no bags in the trunk. So I''m super curious what he''s up to. It may be nothing though b/c last night he asked me to go to the ATM and get some cash for him and the balance on the receipt says no big purchases have been made.
7.gif
Yet!
31.gif
Now the realistic side of me thinks this is all nothing and I''ll be waiting a least a few more months but it''s fun to dream!

All these jewelry commercials could shove a girl right over the edge, and I have a feeling they make my SO want to jump (off a very tall building that is). He always changes the channel. which is probably a good thing I don''t need to watch all those diamonds parading about taunting me!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
KCCutie - I don''t mean to play devil''s advocate b/c I love to get excited about things in this thread, but is it possible that he was getting you a Christmas gift and didn''t want you to know what he got? If no, then you may be on to something!

Another question - if you don''t mind my asking, I am assuming you are in the KC area? I lived there my whole life, graduated from KU, and am now working in another city 2 hours away.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
i went through his phone and he had a seven minute conversation with my parents.......
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I went out with my bf last night and just an update last night he said he knows how he is going to propose to me and he said it's very romantic and I will love it. I said I don't care what you do as long aso it comes from your heart. He said he's been thinking about it a lot lately! I am SCREAMING inside b/c that is a huge step for him... so much anticipation!
The dust is WORKING a little! haha. Thank youuuu! I'll keep ya ladies posted.

P.S. a couple drinks will get your man to open up when they wouldn't normally! LOL

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Last week we were out eating sushi at this new "fancy" restaurant and he says...

"You''re parents like sushi, right? I should take them here sometime"

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So I know I posted this in my other thread but.....

We are at the mall when walking past Hyde Park. I stop to look at some rings in the window when FF keeps pulling me away from the window. "Hey! I was trying to look!" I tell him. To which he replies "Why would you even bother looking at those rings when you want a ring from somewhere else (Tiffany)!?"

OOOO!
30.gif
So I said nothing more and kept walking! lol

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
So every time I''ve mentioned going to Longwood Gardens he says to let him worry about it and he''s got something up his sleeve. Fast forward to a text convo we had today:

Me: Wanna try to go to Longwood on Sunday or do you still have something up your sleeve? LOL!
Him: Up my sleeve!
Me: Okay, so that''s a no then?
Him: We''ll see. I''ll check my sleeve on Sunday!
Me: Why not until Sunday?
Him: Cause that''s when I can check it!
Me: You are being sneaky!
11.gif

He''s so cute when he''s trying to keep a secret!!
30.gif

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
OOooooo I love this thread!!!
16.gif

My BF/FF is being naughty he keeps teasing me!!

He bought me a friendship ring for our 2 yr Annaversary and the other day he picks it looks lovingly into my eyes whilst holding my left hand slips the ring onto my ring finger... then plucks it off laughs cheekly and says 'Just kidding' he's mean!!

Then today were at my work where I have the internet and he starts asking about pricing aka what would happen if you have 2 diamonds a big one thats crap and a small one thats yummy??? I was already trolling on here so I skip over to the PS $$$ CCC chart and he says aaahhh....

He's the king of leading me down the wrong path he once booked a holtel room about 2 hours from where we live and I had NO idea untill we got there, whilst driving off on false directions a couple of times. Hes sooooo cheeky!

We live in Australia and next year and will be going to be in NY and definatly going to visit Rhino @ GOG and he said were ABSOLUTLY NOT buying a diamond then and there...
emotion-40.gif

Im 100% confused!!!!!!!! What do you all think?

Loz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results