shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for golden gem..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
They don`t get much better than this Heliodore from Moriarty

Moriaty heliodore.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Mochi and Gailey, I'm not into emerald cuts, but the colors on those stones are so warm and cozy
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:29:18 AM
Author: Gailey
They don`t get much better than this Heliodore from Moriarty
My goodness! What outstanding colour!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for the suggestions, and Gailey for more eyecandy!

So I''ve decided to go with a yellow beryl that I stumbled across...it''s not *quite* the exact colour I''m after in the photo, but it''s pretty and decent size and the colour is supposedly saturated and nice in person...
Anyone want to guess the cutter and shape?
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, nobody wanted to guess..
7.gif

Ok, I will just tell then..

7.7.6.5 heliodore (yellow beryl) in Barry''s awesome supernova oval cut..
The colour seems quite close to what I was after, and I trust Barry''s eye that''s its bright and sunny IRL.
Can''t wait to receive my lil ball of sunshine,
9.gif

BB yellow beryl.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh that''s gorgeous! I bet you''ll love it - please post pics when you get it!
1.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
That''s gorgeous!!! Definitely looks like a ball of sunshine!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s very pretty!! Want to see more pictures!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
AJ, I think your stone is beautiful. In fact, that''s twice now that I have seen one of BB''s stones and kicked myself - I gotta be more on the ball!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BEG, you know I will
5.gif

Hello, thankyou BA and Mochi!
Hi Gailey - thanks hon. I don''t think this one was on his site, he said he had recently bought it back
from a jeweller that sells his gems. So I had just happened to enquire with B. about my golden gem quest,
and I guess I got lucky. I am looking forward to seeing one of his famed cuts in person
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great choice!

I am loving those emerald cuts too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m surre you will be very pleased with that stone. Looking forward to more pictures!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey, thanks Kelli and flygirl, I''m excited to get it home
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgy Bruddah!!!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful cut and color... like the center of a daisy.
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m liking the oval supernova cuts more and more! Can''t wait to see your pictues.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:04:32 PM
Author: Chrono
I''m liking the oval supernova cuts more and more! Can''t wait to see your pictues.
Ditto! I get all weak at the knees every time I see one, no matter what the colour. Looking forward to BB''s release tomorrow morning!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m also lovin'' his supernova cuts. I''m not a fan of "bow tie" look...
38.gif

You guys know about the running of the brides?? I think it was just last week at David''s bridal (and other bridal stores) where they have very cheap wedding gowns and when they open the store all these women (and men) come charging into the store. That''s what ACS''s monthly posting reminds me of, the Running of the Stoners!
9.gif
31.gif
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 7:09:25 PM
Author: mochi
I''m also lovin'' his supernova cuts. I''m not a fan of ''bow tie'' look...
38.gif

You guys know about the running of the brides?? I think it was just last week at David''s bridal (and other bridal stores) where they have very cheap wedding gowns and when they open the store all these women (and men) come charging into the store. That''s what ACS''s monthly posting reminds me of, the Running of the Stoners!
9.gif
31.gif
9.gif

lol seriously! Although it''s REALLY bad when Barry''s, Dan''s and Jeff''s new listings all come up around near the same time - poor bank account....
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:20:54 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 2/28/2009 7:09:25 PM
I''m also lovin'' his supernova cuts. I''m not a fan of ''bow tie'' look...
38.gif

9.gif
31.gif
9.gif

lol seriously! Although it''s REALLY bad when Barry''s, Dan''s and Jeff''s new listings all come up around near the same time - poor bank account....
2.gif
My bank account is also kaput..
14.gif

I had to pay $$$ to WF for my setting this week....
22.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 5:34:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
Its gorgy Bruddah!!!
He he, fanks bruddah !
35.gif
What''s the new av of btw
33.gif

Thankyou rockit and chrono.

Gailey - me too, on both counts!

Mochi, I like your running of the stoners comparison, lol ! And what project is this at Wf, do tell?!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:05:51 AM
Author: arjunajane

Its gorgy Bruddah!!!
He he, fanks bruddah !
35.gif
33.gif

Mochi, I like your running of the stoners comparison, lol ! And what project is this at Wf, do tell?!

It''s my ongoing Chrysoberyl project, inspired by Lauren''s ring, but done in rose gold. They assured me that the rose gold is going to be a stunner because I was a bit nervous about how it would look. It should be done end of March....in time for my B''day!
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:32:42 AM

Its gorgy Bruddah!!!
He he, fanks bruddah !
35.gif
33.gif

It''s my ongoing Chrysoberyl project, inspired by Lauren''s ring, but done in rose gold. They assured me that the rose gold is going to be a stunner because I was a bit nervous about how it would look. It should be done end of March....in time for my B''day!
36.gif
36.gif
Oohh fun! Sounds very pretty
5.gif

What did you think about the chrys in Barry''s drop?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 1:25:58 AM

Date: 3/1/2009 11:32:42 AM

Its gorgy Bruddah!!!
He he, fanks bruddah !
35.gif
33.gif

36.gif
36.gif
Oohh fun! Sounds very pretty
5.gif

What did you think about the chrys in Barry''s drop?

The oval one... it looks great. I''m such a big fan of his Supernova cuts, I don''t think I will ever buy another oval unless it''s cut this way (unless they can guarantee no ''bowtie''). The last chrys I go from him was pure gold in color, no green. Such a difference from the one that I got from Gene which had flashes of green in it.

If I didn''t have two chyrs already, I would have snatched up that chrys from Barry. And anyways, that would be obviously very selfish of me!
20.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a golden color! You can never go wrong with Barry''s gems. Congrats!
36.gif

Date: 2/27/2009 4:57:09 AM
Oh, nobody wanted to guess..
7.gif

Ok, I will just tell then..

7.7.6.5 heliodore (yellow beryl) in Barry''s awesome supernova oval cut..

The colour seems quite close to what I was after, and I trust Barry''s eye that''s its bright and sunny IRL.

Can''t wait to receive my lil ball of sunshine,
9.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Barry's golden beryl oval is heerrreee!!!
And I love it - its' the prettiest mix of yellow, gold, with flashes of orange - and of course the cut is incredible, very sparkly
30.gif

I cannot wait to be able to set this one and wear it, I love it!
I am a bit sad though, as I know this gem would so shine in YG, but I only have a sterling silver budget right now
7.gif

What do you guys think about setting?

As soon as I saw it, I thought "two tone bezel" - just really simple and sleek, a la maddy from etsy. YG shank with WG bezel..any thoughts..?

Just one photo for now, as it's really overcast and bleak this arvo - I'm looking forward to seeing this puppy in the sunshine and
doing a proper photo shoot tomorrow, and promise to post more!

eta: it looks like some kinda inclusion in the photo, but I'm pretty sure its just dirt, sorry
5.gif

DSC02833-reszie.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh my AJ - That stone is gorgeous!!
30.gif

I so love the fact that you are a yellow gold girl as well! That ring would be stunning in yellow gold, however, that stone is such a star ... a two-tone setting, as you suggested, will look incredible too!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 4:39:31 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Oh my AJ - That stone is gorgeous!!
30.gif

I so love the fact that you are a yellow gold girl as well! That ring would be stunning in yellow gold, however, that stone is such a star ... a two-tone setting, as you suggested, will look incredible too!
Hi spark,
thankyou! I''m def. very happy with it - I can see why we''re all such big Barry fans - not to mention he''s so
friendly and helpful to talk to aswell.
I am officially a Barry convert, lol !
1.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful stone! Even on an overcast day it looks very nice, which is rare with yellow/orange stones. It would be interesting (at least for me) to see it in various lighting conditions. Regarding setting, WG bezel might work, but I''m not sure how it will affect color(s). It might make it more brown, as it will surely make it a bit darker. I''d probably play it safe and go with YG for bezel, but that''s just me. I guess it all depends on the exact mix of colors i.e. how much of which (yellow, orange, brown) there really is.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 5:43:48 AM
Author: ma re
Wonderful stone! Even on an overcast day it looks very nice, which is rare with yellow/orange stones. It would be interesting (at least for me) to see it in various lighting conditions. Regarding setting, WG bezel might work, but I''m not sure how it will affect color(s). It might make it more brown, as it will surely make it a bit darker. I''d probably play it safe and go with YG for bezel, but that''s just me. I guess it all depends on the exact mix of colors i.e. how much of which (yellow, orange, brown) there really is.
Hiya ma re - I will be very happy to add lotsa pics in different lighting tomorrow - any particular requests?
I see your point on the WG bezel- although I have to say I don''t think I am one of these purists that have a big concern
for any brown in stones..
sure, it may have some brown in the sense of orange and yellow mixed together - but I don''t look at it and see *brown* (if that make sense.?)..

Let me know if you''d like to see anything special and I will surely post more photos tomorrow
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results