shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for golden gem..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I know it will help to see more photos, but just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the prospect of setting this
gen in sterling silver..any negative effects obvious there..?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone AJ! Love the colour!

I can''t think of any reason that it couldn''t be set in silver --- but I''m no jewellery/stone expert. I like the idea of a two tone bezel ring too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:21:27 PM
Author: bling addict
beautiful stone AJ! Love the colour!

I can''t think of any reason that it couldn''t be set in silver --- but I''m no jewellery/stone expert. I like the idea of a two tone bezel ring too.
Hey BA -
thankyou hon!
Yes I would really love to do YG..but I''d also like to wear it now, not in a year, lol
5.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:40:54 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hiya ma re - I will be very happy to add lotsa pics in different lighting tomorrow - any particular requests?
No requests, just whatever you can think of, and is not too much trouble (incandescent, sunlight, shade, flourescent, overcast, direct/indirect...). I also love golden gems (my favorite) and when I get my first one it'll probably be a yellow sapphire, so I'd like to know as much as possible about potential differences in appearance in different lights (so that I can choose the right shade of golden).

Regarding setting it in silver, I don't see any problems there, just make sure you go with something simple (prongs) since this would be a temporary setting, and I'm sure you wouldn't like to risk damage by setting it in, say, bezel. Six prongs might not be a bad idea to give it a good deal of protection until it moves to a "proper home".

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 4:18:13 AM
Author: ma re

Date: 3/20/2009 11:40:54 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hiya ma re - I will be very happy to add lotsa pics in different lighting tomorrow - any particular requests?
No requests, just whatever you can think of, and is not too much trouble (incandescent, sunlight, shade, flourescent, overcast, direct/indirect...). I also love golden gems (my favorite) and when I get my first one it''ll probably be a yellow sapphire, so I''d like to know as much as possible about potential differences in appearance in different lights (so that I can choose the right shade of golden).

Regarding setting it in silver, I don''t see any problems there, just make sure you go with something simple (prongs) since this would be a temporary setting, and I''m sure you wouldn''t like to risk damage by setting it in, say, bezel. Six prongs might not be a bad idea to give it a good deal of protection until it moves to a ''proper home''.
Good point about the temp setting ma re.

I am about to make a new thread with more pics, but these are basically all to make my gems look as nice as they can, lol..
I will be happy to take some more varied ones for you later and post more here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results