shape
carat
color
clarity

Sugarloaves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another Leon stunner! He just sent this to me as a suggestion for my star. As if...........

Leonsugarloafhonker.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 2:28:13 PM
Author: Upgradable
Here''s another Leon stunner! He just sent this to me as a suggestion for my star. As if...........
OMG
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Both look like beautiful stones. Inclusions in a sugarloaf [or other cabochon] don''t really bother me as long as the color is great.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another Leon stunner! He just sent this to me as a suggestion for my star. As if...........
WOW!!!!! Thats a stunner alright!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That setting is definitely in my bookmark list!!!!

So, are you considering the setting?? me likey!!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Definitely NOT congruent with my lifestyle!
23.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:39:40 PM
Author: megeve

WOW!!!!! Thats a stunner alright!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That setting is definitely in my bookmark list!!!!

So, are you considering the setting?? me likey!!!!
Yes, it''s going on my bookmark list too. I''ve recently aquired an oval prehnite that will look good in a setting like that. Not as good as the sapphire looks though.

If Lost sees this, she''s going to need oxygen (and to be kept away from very hot, very old electrical appliances!!)

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:44:49 PM
Author: Gailey

Yes, it''s going on my bookmark list too. I''ve recently aquired an oval prehnite that will look good in a setting like that. Not as good as the sapphire looks though.

If Lost sees this, she''s going to need oxygen (and to be kept away from very hot, very old electrical appliances!!)
Gailey, do you have a pic of this prehnite? I have not seen this gem before and it peaks my interest!

I still have till tomorrow to decide, Eric is taking a pic of them together.
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

6.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG, that is absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful blue color.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 3:03:36 PM

Gailey, do you have a pic of this prehnite? I have not seen this gem before and it peaks my interest!

I still have till tomorrow to decide, Eric is taking a pic of them together.
3.gif
Megeve, I am afraid I don''t have a picture of it - yet! I bought it from a local jeweller and picked it out of a parcel that he had.

If you do a search for Prehnite here you will find that Canukgal has one. I just fell in love when I saw it. It was pure coincidence that my jeweller friend had some.

Think moonstone, but think pale green.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 3:57:27 PM

Megeve, I am afraid I don''t have a picture of it - yet! I bought it from a local jeweller and picked it out of a parcel that he had.

If you do a search for Prehnite here you will find that Canukgal has one. I just fell in love when I saw it. It was pure coincidence that my jeweller friend had some.

Just googled it! What a lovely color! looks almost like jade!

Would love to know what you are going to do with it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 5:03:47 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 3:57:27 PM

Just googled it! What a lovely color! looks almost like jade!

Would love to know what you are going to do with it!
Well a ring for sure, but it''s behind the amethyst, which is behind the pink tourmaline and the morganite pears! So it will be a while. I do love Canuk''s delicate diamond halo on her stone, but let''s see
emotion-40.gif
bezelled topaz diamond halo e/ring, tourmaline will likely be a halo too. How many halos does a gal need?

I must say, my jeweller had set a prehnite in an elaborate pendant with a demantoid garnet halo, it looked amazing, so all options are open at this point. I wonder how much a pale green diamond mélee halo would be, megabucks I''m guessing.

But certainly don''t mind mulling it over with you while you wait for this new photo. Hopefully it will be in your inbox when you wake up.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Leon and these cab rings are killing me!

Upgradable..... you know you want to!
31.gif
3.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Just received pics.......

YUMMY!!
3.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sugarloaves1.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Sugar candies anyone????

sugarloaves2.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wow! very nice Megeve, so when will they arrive?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sure look like yummy candies. So have you decided to get both or just one?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@Gailey & Chrono,

I haven't decided yet, one more day to sleep over it.

Need your honest opinion ok? Does the color of spinel grabs you now? Inclusions are no more so obvious from a distance, have to remember the 1st pic is extremely magnified.

Shoooot, I want to hear it!!!!
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Megeve

I like my reds, more pillar box red. I guess that means more yellow in the mix than blue. Blue is not a colour that looks good on me. Perhaps that''s why I''m drawn to the red fire opals (don''t get me started down that road!). But colour preference is very personal. I have no idea if less blue in the spinel would make it more attractive to you or more valuable for that matter.

Can''t help you - soz!

And for those who don''t know what pillar box red is, tah-dah:

picture courtesey of Wikipedia

pillar box.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 8:22:10 AM
Just received pics.......

YUMMY!!
3.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Bon bons.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seeing the side by side picture confirmed my adoration for the tsav... but I am somewhat meh about the spinel for some reason?? Can''t say why, but the color and perhaps the brightness (??) doesn''t really grab me. It doesn''t appear in the photos to glow like the tsav does. Maybe that isn''t a fair comparison?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:27:31 PM
Megeve

I like my reds, more pillar box red. I guess that means more yellow in the mix than blue. Blue is not a colour that looks good on me. Perhaps that''s why I''m drawn to the red fire opals (don''t get me started down that road!). But colour preference is very personal. I have no idea if less blue in the spinel would make it more attractive to you or more valuable for that matter.

Can''t help you - soz!

And for those who don''t know what pillar box red is, tah-dah:

picture courtesey of Wikipedia
Ha Ha LOL!! Its not a red spinel, its a MAHENGE spinel! So you have to allow it to have pinkish red!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:21:05 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Seeing the side by side picture confirmed my adoration for the tsav... but I am somewhat meh about the spinel for some reason?? Can't say why, but the color and perhaps the brightness (??) doesn't really grab me. It doesn't appear in the photos to glow like the tsav does. Maybe that isn't a fair comparison?
Mmmmm, on my computer, it glows like the tsav. Maybe the calibration of my computer is off
33.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Mahenge-spanenge - see I told you I was not the best judge!

Two things though: First, of the two pictures you posted one is definitely more "glowy" than the other on my computer. And second, I think glow is something that largely has to be judged by eye. I mentioned red fire opals earlier. I didn''t notice them at all when I flipped through pictures on line. It wasn''t until I held one in my hand and I could see the flashes and the life from deep within the stone that I was hooked.

Does that make it any easier?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Yah, I hear you about seeing stone with your own eyes!

Looks like this spinel has to hitch a ride with the tsav, huh!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Som is the Mahenge hitching a ride? I''m still more partial to the tsavorite but as everyone knows, judging by pictures isn''t the best way.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love the tsav, but I would not make a final decision on that spinel based on pics alone.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 8:23:08 AM
Sugar candies anyone????

Yes please; I''ll take them both
18.gif

If I had to choose, definitely the tsav for me too. But the spinel is lovely, too!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:10:32 PM
Author: Chrono
Som is the Mahenge hitching a ride? I''m still more partial to the tsavorite but as everyone knows, judging by pictures isn''t the best way.
Yah, the Mahenge is hitching a ride!!!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results