shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Succumbing to DSS...

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
@stonewell wow! Thank you! I apologize for getting off topic on your thread... I was told via chat that they do not have ASET images for mrb's and only had them for fancy cuts?!!

We are planning on wiring the money, so if I get a diamond and decide I don't like it in person, do they offer an exchange?

What did they charge for the modification of your setting, if you don't mind me asking?

I truly appreciate your help!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@stonewell wow! Thank you! I apologize for getting off topic on your thread... I was told via chat that they do not have ASET images for mrb's and only had them for fancy cuts?!!

We are planning on wiring the money, so if I get a diamond and decide I don't like it in person, do they offer an exchange?

What did they charge for the modification of your setting, if you don't mind me asking?

I truly appreciate your help!

Not a problem! Happy to help... =)2

I misspoke... you’re correct, ASETs are for fancy cuts; I meant to say idealscope. I have an ASET scope so I did that as a part of my evaluation. It’s worth it to get one if you’re having the stone sent to you - trying to view a mounted stone is difficult and just isn’t the same, imho.

And you most certainly can exchange the diamond if you decide it isn’t the right one for you after receiving it. It just has to occur within the return period.

I was especially impressed with the setting modification part of the process. I was quoted only a couple hundred and they actually ended up remaking the setting all together. This will likely all depend on the setting you have; mine happens to normally accommodate a range of stones that goes up to 3 carats. More complicated settings or those that have a lower carat range of stones may be a different story, so ymmv.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful!!! love the rose gold!

P

PierreBear

Wonderful upgrade! Very romantic setting! I hope the DSS has been cured as it is lovely!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSS is a very real thing! My 1.7ct, which was HUGE when I got it, is now so small on my finger. I plan to go up to about 2.5ct too. I love yours - such a nice size, so much fire and sparkle. Yay!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wonderful upgrade! Very romantic setting! I hope the DSS has been cured as it is lovely!

I appreciate the compliments, @PierreBear... I still count my lucky stars that I happened upon this stone. DSS is under control for now, but can’t say I’m not keeping an eye out for my dream 3ct. :twisted2::P2

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DSS is a very real thing! My 1.7ct, which was HUGE when I got it, is now so small on my finger. I plan to go up to about 2.5ct too. I love yours - such a nice size, so much fire and sparkle. Yay!

It’s so exciting to hear you’re working on an upgrade! I think the jump from just under 2cts to 2.5cts is a great way to go. It’s a marked increase in size without being overwhelming. I’ll have to keep an eye out for your thread - can’t wait to see when you find the one!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous in rose gold :love::love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your set. It's completely proportional to your (gorgeous!) hand, and the eternity balances it so perfectly. The rose gold is SO flattering, and even your nail polish choices are perfect!

One of my favorite sets on PS - love it, @stonewell!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your set. It's completely proportional to your (gorgeous!) hand, and the eternity balances it so perfectly. The rose gold is SO flattering, and even your nail polish choices are perfect!

One of my favorite sets on PS - love it, @stonewell!

Aww... thank you so much, @mrs-b! That means so much coming from you, especially since I am in total awe of your amazing ACA and entire collection! :kiss2:

I’m coming to terms with the fact that this is my favorite ER and that I need to let my halo cushion ER go. Yep, I’m totally a solitaire gal and the cushion ring is just too beautiful to languish in a jewelry box. =)2

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
@stonewell beautiful ring....I have been contemplating whether I should go in for a K, but after seeing yours in the beautiful setting, I am in Love!!!! Gorgeous upgrade, simply stunning.... congratulations, can't wait to see your future projects...

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new K is gorgeous! I love the fire from the high crown.

Thank you! The fire I often see from this stone is is my favorite aspect of the diamond :kiss2:

@stonewell beautiful ring....I have been contemplating whether I should go in for a K, but after seeing yours in the beautiful setting, I am in Love!!!! Gorgeous upgrade, simply stunning.... congratulations, can't wait to see your future projects...

Appreciate the kind compliments @Rpb! Definitely don’t rule out this color... I suspect mine is on the higher end of the range, but even on the occasions it shows its warmth, I love the personality it exhibits. Can’t wait to see the outcome of a project you’ll have in the works soon too! ;)2

Hope folks won’t mind some additional photos I’ve collected over the year - this is a SMTB thread after all. :lol:

As I’ve said - love the fire!
D525F9DE-A26C-4A76-8CD9-D3124D32EF05.jpeg

Have to include the required flower shot...
5817EDF1-58DA-4148-87D3-710F676EA3C4.jpeg

Outdoors
2977239B-0FE1-469B-884D-E31B18F19CF6.jpeg

The warmest I perceive her indoors by a reading light
E547EFDA-DD93-4F13-878A-656D8E76866E.jpeg

And after a spa day with the other gals
CDB2B863-CA9A-431B-AF81-82E3BFD68D08.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful collection and your upgrade ring is really gorgeous. And you take lovely pics too! Thanks for sharing with us. Such wonderful “eye candy”...

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful and your photos are, too! You have a real talent for capturing the fire and crisp beauty of the stones!!! And what a collection!! WOW!!! :)

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:Wow stonewell, I love your collection!!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful collection and your upgrade ring is really gorgeous. And you take lovely pics too! Thanks for sharing with us. Such wonderful “eye candy”...

Thanks so much @icy_jade, happy to contribute to the eye candy since I get so much enjoyment from everyone’s threads. I’m also looking forward to seeing yours when it’s ready! =)2

Your rings are beautiful and your photos are, too! You have a real talent for capturing the fire and crisp beauty of the stones!!! And what a collection!! WOW!!! :)

Aww... thanks, @Blingalingaling! Guilty confession - I have to take like, 100 for every one that makes the cut. My poor iphone has 20k photos! :lol:

:love:Wow stonewell, I love your collection!!!

Thanks @Luce! I blame.... err, *credit* it to spending too much time on PS. :roll2::lol-2:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ah I love that asscher ring! Is it an Erica Winters ring? Do you have anymore pictures or a thread on it?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah I love that asscher ring! Is it an Erica Winters ring? Do you have anymore pictures or a thread on it?

No, it’s a setting that DK made for me when I bought my asscher last summer. I do like Erica’s designs and hope to have a ring of hers one day! So many folks here were a fantastic help when I was picking the diamond out - you can read about it and see more pics here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seeking-an-asscher-feedback-please.232466/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results