shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - OMG that''s gorgeous - as are your other stones. WOW!

Does it live up to your expectations? Is it neon?

I posted up about photography tips earlier (probably when you were messing around with your camer) - have a quick look and see if that helps.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics of your other gems, like the Gene paraiba.
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 2:09:11 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Beautiful stone, the color is beautiful.

As for the pics. Do you have macro on your camera? I have 2 macro settings on my canon (and it is not a super fancy camera). One is manual and one is digital. I find the digital one is easier to use. Using a tripod is helpful as well (or just balance your camera on a box or something else solid). I never use a flash with my pics, if fact, I disable it. It messes up the color.

ETA: probably for every pic I put up here, there were 10 more that I deleted. It is tough, but rewarding when you get a good pic

But I am so happy to see pics. Those are some killer stones
25.gif
Thanks. Yes, I have a macro on my Canon too but I think it''s a basic point and shoot. I only see one macro button which I think is digital. No tripod so I try to rest the camera or my forearms on a stable surface. Yes, I disabled the flash too. These are all the pictures that I took, good and bad, so I suppose I did all right then. Looks like maybe I just need more practice?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 3:51:35 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Chrono - OMG that''s gorgeous - as are your other stones. WOW!

Does it live up to your expectations? Is it neon?

I posted up about photography tips earlier (probably when you were messing around with your camer) - have a quick look and see if that helps.

Yes, it''s very neon which is why it is so frustating to be unable to capture the colour and brilliance. My problem is when I auto-focus, the camera doesn''t want to focus on the gem. I''ll have to try again using the zoom. I didn''t know you can use the zoom AND macro mode at the same time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 7:03:31 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
We need pics of your other gems, like the Gene paraiba.
31.gif
Hey! I''m just learning how to photograph these properly.
3.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your tsavorite looks wonderful! What are you going to do with it? I think I am out of the loop. What are the other green stones you show it pictured with? I returned home from my vacation and am still not sure what to do about finding one.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cind,
All the green stones together in the case are tsavorites.

If anyone is even vaguely curious, the newest tsavorite is from www.swalagemtraders.com It''s a 2.15 ct tsavorite measuring 7.1 x 7.1 mm. I would not hesitate to purchase from him again not only for the quality gemstones, but for the customer service. He provided honest advice and guidance, in addition to my requests for extra pictures and more.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I see. So, are you keeping all those stones? I am confused. (it doesn''t take much to confuse me lol)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 2:20:01 PM
Author: Chrono
Cind,
All the green stones together in the case are tsavorites.

If anyone is even vaguely curious, the newest tsavorite is from www.swalagemtraders.com It''s a 2.15 ct tsavorite measuring 7.1 x 7.1 mm. I would not hesitate to purchase from him again not only for the quality gemstones, but for the customer service. He provided honest advice and guidance, in addition to my requests for extra pictures and more.
Chrono you are seriously not going to believe this. The Tsav that you enabled me to buy is also 2.15ct and it arrived on Monday (didn''t spot it until I was going to bed because hubby had put the parcel under some letters)! I''m so pleased you''re happy with the gem because I know you were concerned. It looks at home with your other Tsavs already!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You know I''ve been working TOO MUCH when I miss these tsav photos from none other than Chrono.
3.gif

I am totally smitten with your new tsav. soooooo fabulous. What are you doing with the others??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be ill because I made another attempt at trying to get better pictures. The problem is that when I resize them, the details get lost. How do I crop out the background before resizing the picture?
34.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo, pictures from Chrono ! ! Great. Thanks.

I''ve always admired your taste (and knowledge). Lovely tsav, btw.

Say, does this mean you can put up a photo of your emerald cut diamond? Oh, and your cushion, too? (pleaseee . . . )
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Bah, too bad we can''t put up email addresses, I would totally edit all the photos for you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 1:18:49 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Ooooo, pictures from Chrono ! ! Great. Thanks.

I've always admired your taste (and knowledge). Lovely tsav, btw.

Say, does this mean you can put up a photo of your emerald cut diamond? Oh, and your cushion, too? (pleaseee . . . )
31.gif
Give an inch, and they ask for a mile.
9.gif
OK, I'll try but I won't promise results. You can see how blurry and horrible the pictures are. I'll have to go get them out of the vault too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 8:01:24 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Beautiful!

Bah, too bad we can''t put up email addresses, I would totally edit all the photos for you!
MTG,
It''s so sweet of you to offer. I think I just found some editing software on my PC last and spent hours playing around to check out the features. Give me a day or two and I think it''ll be done. I managed to get a decent detailed picture but the blurryness is caused by my shaky hands. You''ll see what I mean in the next few pictures.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoor picture

Swalatsav1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another poor indoor picture

Swalatsav2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taken near the window. Blurry but shows the colour more accurately. I think the brilliance is messing with the camera''s focusing ability.

Swalatsav3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another shot near the window but I think the details are better. Don't my fingers look wrinkly. Urgg...

Swalatsav5.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, am eye candy! Thank you, I needed a pick-me-up! Your tsav is beautiful, so bright and a rich true, green!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m working on editing my newly taken pictures but it might take a week. I will start a new thread with goodies when it''s done.

This will be IT. It''s pretty exhausting - I can''t imagine how the professional photographers handle it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty Chrono! Love the blue undertone :)

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
---- Give an inch, and they ask for a mile. ----

Ack !! So sorry !! Do take it as a compliment, though, that people are interested in your picks.

I''m so glad you found the tsav. in a cushion. If I remember correctly, that was your preferred shape. It''s lovely.

Best, Sonoma

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 1:22:09 PM
Author: sonomacounty
---- Give an inch, and they ask for a mile. ----

Ack !! So sorry !! Do take it as a compliment, though, that people are interested in your picks.

I''m so glad you found the tsav. in a cushion. If I remember correctly, that was your preferred shape. It''s lovely.

Best, Sonoma
I was just kidding but you knew that, I hope?
emembarrassed.gif
Thanks for the compliment. And yes, the tsav is everything I''m looking for. Medium green with a blue undertone, square cushion, eye clean, and over 2 ct.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pictures are absolutely wonderful Chrono. I think your tsavorite is the first photo of one in which I didn''t see olive. I had thought that every tsavorite had olive in it up till now.

You''re getting much better with the picture taking, and don''t be discouraged. They''re actually really good ones for gemstones as far as Pricescope is concerned. They''re better than my photos.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
-- I was just kidding but you knew that, I hope? --

Oh, of course. I was just kidding back.
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! It has so much sparkle, and it looks like a beautiful green

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, it is a truly, truly beautiful stone and I am so glad you kept it.

My respect for you has gone up in leaps and bounds in this last few days. While I''ve been moaning and groaning about losing my laptop, you''ve been scurrying away behind the scenes learing how to become the best PS photographer.

Here''s to you!
Happy%20Congratulations.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:00:55 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
These pictures are absolutely wonderful Chrono. I think your tsavorite is the first photo of one in which I didn''t see olive. I had thought that every tsavorite had olive in it up till now.

You''re getting much better with the picture taking, and don''t be discouraged. They''re actually really good ones for gemstones as far as Pricescope is concerned. They''re better than my photos.
I beg your pardon? Have you seen Zeolite''s and Ltl''s?

Chrono,
My apologies for the threadjack.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy tsav! I love the cushion cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results