shape
carat
color
clarity

Stop the INSANITY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
come on belle. everyone knows that you have to SEE a drumstick to find out how it's going to taste. i mean you can't just tell that from the #'s.
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 6:44:14 PM
Author: Mara
come on belle. everyone knows that you have to SEE a drumstick to find out how it''s going to taste. i mean you can''t just tell that from the #''s.
3.gif
i saw a drumstick once. now i know how all drumsticks taste and i *can* eliminate them by numbers alone.

now admit lemon pie is the best.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 6:43:07 PM
Author: belle
too many calories in drumsticks. i analyzed them already and nixed them based on the numbers.

besides lemon pie is the best.
2.gif
How do you know? What if the calories expressed on the label have been rounded up?

Maybe, it's possible that there aren't reeeeeally too many calories in it, and we can each have one! YAY!

ETA: Sorry
3.gif
....not trying to be fresh, just trying to inject a little levity.....and make a good argument for having the ice cream!
2.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Well...perhaps this thread has gone to hell, and it''s legs are failing.

If it can survive a technical point...

Date: 8/21/2006 5:36:05 PM
Author: fire&ice
Regarding pictures - I was referring to the one posted by a poster. All you can tell is possibly the table percentage - provided the angle isn''t correct. For all I know, the dark spot could be a piece of dust.

A picture can decieve. I buy from pictures all the time; and, unless it''s a duplicate to something I already have - It never shows the piece in viewing here and now time. .
Speaking personally, I''m pretty sympathetic...but I don''t see a lot of diamonds, and don''t have much of a relative reference point.

I can tell you Garry Holloway, JohnQ, and others are believers in the use of pictures. And, there are new converts, including JulieN, and others have been long time subscribers.

I''ve liked to take it on faith (and logic) pictures could help. I''d hope that if there''s any point to be made here, it could be done in an informative way.

Then again, maybe language just stops here. You present pictures, you determine or not that they can help decide a winner from a dog. It would be nice if the analysis could go farther than this.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 6:48:38 PM
Author: aljdewey

too many calories in drumsticks. i analyzed them already and nixed them based on the numbers.

2.gif
How do you know? What if the calories expressed on the label have been rounded up?

Maybe, it''s possible that there aren''t reeeeeally too many calories in it, and we can each have one! YAY!

3.gif
....not trying to be fresh, just trying to inject a little levity.....and make a good argument for having the ice cream!
2.gif
i think we would need to verify the label then.
hey, i''m all for drumsticks but i reeeeeaaaalllly don''t like the numbers on them.

lemon pie.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it bad that mine have "DrumsTUCK" on the label?

They taste like a**, and kinda glow, and instead of cold they are blazing hot! But they were FIFTEEN cents less per pound. Gotta love wholesale generic warehouses!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 6:53:08 PM

2.gif

Maybe, it''s possible that there aren''t reeeeeally too many calories in it, and we can each have one! YAY!

3.gif
2.gif
hey, i''m all for drumsticks but i reeeeeaaaalllly don''t like the numbers on them.

lemon pie.
well it''s not about the numbers on the drumstick. ITS ABOUT THE TASTE. and how they look of course. I only like symmetrical drumsticks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 7:02:46 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 8/21/2006 6:53:08 PM

2.gif

3.gif
2.gif

lemon pie.
well it''s not about the numbers on the drumstick. ITS ABOUT THE TASTE. and how they look of course. I only like symmetrical drumsticks.
well..i do agree that you need to see them. i like mine with *lots* of peanuts so i would like to see them before i buy them because i want to be *sure* there are really enough peanuts.
i like to see a good peanuty picture on the box. .....even if it''s not to actual size.
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 5:50:10 PM
Author: Rod

No, this is where the super duper idealists would come in handy. We can point out the tree we like and how high we want our platform to be and 'they' can give us the exact architectural specifications to ensure we built the 'perfect' platform........
28.gif
31.gif

Naw, prolly not... I imagine they could care less *unless* the platform was going to be covered in DIAMONDS!!!
9.gif

Alj - I am glad we understand each other, and I agree wholeheartedly w/your responses.

ETA: I dunnos everyone, I'm not too fond of drumsticks... but all this talk about pie is making me want some....
18.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, this thread has gone to hell.

Do any of these pictures help?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 1:52:55 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/21/2006 1:26:42 PM
There are tons of you who like buying with less info and buying stones that are beautiful but non-ideal-conforming....you, Deco, F&I, Rod, etc. But the only one I ever see participating in those threads trying to bring the balance is Rod. If more of you offered your insights when people came asking about ''how do I find a great diamond, etc. etc.'', it would be more balanced.

As I said above, I DO participate when I have the stomach for it ... when I don''t feel like it''s ''gang up on the non-ideals day''. HOWEVER ... those with ''science'' in their court **seem** to have the established upper-hand around here -- either from vehemence or outspokenness or sheer # of like-minded number-nuts.

And the very act of advocating ''less than ideal'' stones as good purchases brings YOUR OWN stone into question EVERY TIME. Some days I can take it ... some days I just don''t want to run the superiority complex gauntlet of Idealsters.

STAND UP NON-IDEAL STONE LOVERS & BE COUNTED!!! (looking disapprovingly at the suckers who dared to go off the reservation -- I MEAN -- did I say disapprovingly? I meant ''lovingly''
31.gif
)
My name is Liz, and I am a non-ideal, fancy lover.

I would take an ice cream drumstick over lemon pie
14.gif
any day.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 7:21:03 PM
Author: lizz
My name is Liz, and I am a non-ideal, fancy lover.

I would take an ice cream drumstick over lemon pie
14.gif
any day.

*GASP*.....blasphemy!
9.gif
2.gif

(Secretly, I''ll tell ya that I like em BOTH). LMAO
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey I am still waiting for those brownies mrssalvo was making last night, with the crispy edges. But drumsticks are yummy too.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
okay, you guys are all officially friggin CRAZY... and that''s why I love you!

how the heck did this thread turn to food? I suppose we all turn to food in times of crisis and disorder... and clearly this thread is, well, chaos!

Aussiegirl : p

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hummmmmmmmmmm, shall I make my lemon cream pie for everyone???
9.gif

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES please Linda!! Only with real cream!!

With a side of ice cream drumsticks!!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK Mara just for you. That is the only way I make it with REAL cream. No other will do.
9.gif

Linda

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 2:26:52 PM

Date: 8/21/2006 2:12:58 PM
Author: devientdrow

Ahhh Aljdewey...Deco said what I was TRYING to get across sooooooooooooooo much better than I did :)
As I replied to her, I don''t get that vibe, though. I don''t get the whole superiority thing at all.

For my part, my appreciation for really top-make stones doesn''t mean I look down on people whose preferences differ. Maybe I could frame it this way......

I don''t think other people who like D stones think they are superior to me because I wear an H. I don''t think that other people who prefer VVS stones feel superior to me because I''m okay with SI2.

I don''t think that someone saying they want a ''mind-clean'' stone is a knock to me (as though I can''t appreciate ''MIND-clean''). And I don''t think that people with 2 and 3 ct. rocks here feel superior to me because I have a 1.25 stone.

Why does someone else appreciating a better grade, a better make, a better color, etc. come off as feeling ''superior'' just because he/she prefers something else?

People can''t make you feel inferior if you don''t let them. If you feel secure in your preferences, then you shouldn''t feel looked down upon. You shouldn''t make apologies for what you like, and you shouldn''t have to feel inferior because someone likes something else.
Maybe I misread what she said then, because I didn''t mean anything about superiority. This may sound mean of me, but I could care less of what I have compared to someone else. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder in my opinon. Someone could think the larger the diamond the more appealing, others may not care for large diamonds at all....ect ect ect. I was agreeing with her sentiment of sometimes not having the stomach for the debate surely to follow. I don''t get involved in a lot of spec debates because I think there are people on here with MUCH more knowledge than me, and are better resources. If someone is asking for an opinion....then i''ll respond in forum or sometimes PM. I''ve never felt any sort of issues of superiority here. I really don''t take it that personally.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I am very glad this thread has turned to something I *actually* like by *tasting*. I do not like pie. Though the symmetry could far outways the ability to like - but if it did glow under black lights - well different parameters all together.

One time, I did see a pie I liked just by the specs. Pecans, bready stuff & sweet lookin stuff - who would miss. I did like - but found out it was just the pecans that I liked.
3.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 8:20:27 PM
Author: devientdrow

Maybe I misread what she said then, because I didn''t mean anything about superiority. This may sound mean of me, but I could care less of what I have compared to someone else. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder in my opinon. Someone could think the larger the diamond the more appealing, others may not care for large diamonds at all....ect ect ect. I was agreeing with her sentiment of sometimes not having the stomach for the debate surely to follow. I don''t get involved in a lot of spec debates because I think there are people on here with MUCH more knowledge than me, and are better resources. If someone is asking for an opinion....then i''ll respond in forum or sometimes PM. I''ve never felt any sort of issues of superiority here. I really don''t take it that personally.
From her post: "some days I just don''t want to run the superiority complex gauntlet of Idealsters."

I''m really glad, though, that you haven''t felt that.
1.gif

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock

Specifications are necessary to ensure consistency of performance. Every man made/enhanced object has some kind of technical specifications so the design can be optimized to the desired objective. Cars, refrigerators, TVs, cell phones, coca cola, catch up, wine, chocolate, cookies, paint etc. etc. all have specifications. I am an engineer and I write specifications for different components and systems all day long.

Diamond is only carbon crystal; without man made faceting and polishing to adequate proportions, it will not sparkle and it will not be beautiful. Specifications are generated to protect the buyers so instead of relying solely on visual inspection, they can dissimilate the data as they wish and choose the product that best fit them. An ok cut diamond can’t outperform visually a perfectly cut diamond; it is just the law of physics on the refraction/reflection of light. The eyes sometimes can play tricks on our brains but data never lie.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 9:57:29 PM
Author: Pricescope

Dramastick
9.gif

ROTFLMAO!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahaa......
39.gif

too funny!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2006 9:57:29 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 8/21/2006 7:24:18 PM
no ira, that doesn''t help!

we''re talking these drumsticks http://images.google.com/images?q=ice%20cream%20drumstick&sa=N&tab=wi

18.gif

of course, i don''t know where deco''s ''drumsTUCK''s come from!
32.gif

i''m afraid to know.
Dramastick
9.gif
My god......I take a few hours off for the evening and go for a nice healthy 4 mile run and come back to find you all discussing the merits and specifications of "drumsticks!!!" But what nobody bothered to answer was........"Can I get a better deal on these drumsticks if I order them online? Will they have the same characteristics of drumsticks I can see in a store?

You guys simply crack me up!!!!!
40.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Hah, on that note Rod, maybe they''d give you a taste test if you bought at a B&M... that would be pretty hard to replicate with an online vendor!

Aussiegirl : p

mia15

Shiny_Rock
No no, I don''t need the numbers on that drumstick...I''ll know when I see "the one"!

3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results