shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Solitaire w/ Whiteflash ACA - SO HAPPY!!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tweeter, the width is 2.0mm, ring size 5.5. Would have gone 1.8mm but don't like much gap with the wedding band.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, simply gorgeous. Elegant, sophisticated and always classic. Looks amazing on you! :love:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful :love:

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
erislynn|1455434552|3990869 said:
Hi Tweeter, the width is 2.0mm, ring size 5.5. Would have gone 1.8mm but don't like much gap with the wedding band.

Thank you! I am considering a solitaire and I struggle with widths. Your ring size is the same as mine and I love the 2mm on you! Have you chosen a wedding band? You mentioned you want to minimize the gap, which is what I want too! Again, I love your ring!! :appl:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
tweeter8177|1455468665|3990982 said:

Thank you! I am considering a solitaire and I struggle with widths. Your ring size is the same as mine and I love the 2mm on you! Have you chosen a wedding band? You mentioned you want to minimize the gap, which is what I want too! Again, I love your ring!! :appl:

I have to admit it is extremely hard to find a diamond band that will sit low enough next to an already low profile solitaire. There's only 1.0mm height to work with before a band will start rubbing the prongs. I plan to wear a channel set half eternity band, and recently found one low enough! (I guess this answers your question, Crazie4Cuts. Thanks for the compliments!) Will post pics in a few weeks. Tweeter, will your solitaire have that donut under the diamond too? If not, 1.8mm is really nice. :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
erislynn|1455568194|3991356 said:

I have to admit it is extremely hard to find a diamond band that will sit low enough next to an already low profile solitaire. There's only 1.0mm height to work with before a band will start rubbing the prongs. I plan to wear a channel set half eternity band, and recently found one low enough! (I guess this answers your question, Crazie4Cuts. Thanks for the compliments!) Will post pics in a few weeks. Tweeter, will your solitaire have that donut under the diamond too? If not, 1.8mm is really nice. :D
My Tiffany Channel set is REALLY low, among the lowest I found. My setting does have a donut as well, but I wear a spacer, because I just like the look of three rings.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
erislynn|1455568194|3991356 said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the wedding band! I would love to see a picture! :D I have never had a wedding band with any of my engagement rings, because they have all been wider rings (3 now in almost 15 years of marriage)! I really love donuts but I also know I don't want a big gap. I plan to go shopping over the next couple of months to try on more rings! I am pretty sure I want a solitaire though and my first wedding ring! LOL! Enjoy your ring, it is perfect!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you have been EXTREMELY helpful! thank you, and your ring is P E R F E C T!!! love it.. I love baskets.. much continued happiness to you!

:love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
So elegant! Classic and very beautiful ring! :appl:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Checking back and thanks Erislynne for letting me know! Be sure to try the half eternity channel band with your e-ring and see if you like the look together! Also pair another same half eternity band on top, just to see if you like the layered look! No harm in trying and you may like it! A nice stack wouldn't take away from you center stone in my opinion, it may add to the 'look.'
I wish I has PS when I got married! I would have a different ring today! So looking forward in seeing what you get! :wavey:

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring! It looks amazing on your finger :appl:

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Here it is! I received my anniversary band this week and it looks great with the solitaire. It's a half-eternity channel band 0.30 tw about 2.2mm in width from the Facets Collection (not on their website). It was extremely hard to find one low profile enough to NOT hit the prongs of the solitaire but Leah from FC found one for me. It's only 0.8mm high! She mentioned they can make it this low because it's die-struck rather than casted. Die-struck is supposed to be more durable because the metal is very compressed and so they can make the channel with such a delicate frame. I do think it's almost comparable to the delicate look of Tiffany bands, but there is something I wasn't pleased with, which is why I didn't immediately post pics. Sorry!

The bad news: The part where the plain shank meets the channel is thinner than the channel, so when you look at the ring in profile, it's kind of not a perfect circle. :cry: I had actually asked Leah about this before I placed the order because I vaguely remembered the sample ring having something wonky about where the channel ends. At the time, she said she didn't notice anything unusual about it. Then when I received the final ring and brought this up, she said this was how they make half-eternity rings. I'm not happy with their communication on this part, but I am very pleased about the height and thinness of the channel. I think if you're going for a full eternity, you won't have this problem of an imperfect circle, as Leah also said.

For the price, I think it's the best I'll get. To be honest, this is the third attempt at a low profile, delicate looking channel band (previous attempts were custom orders at two brick and mortars). Who knew it could be so hard? I guess this is why a lot of people end up paying Tiffany prices for the wedding band because Tiffany just gets all the little details right.

Thank you, everyone, for your compliments! Ame, thanks for the suggestion on a Tiffany band. I know why now!! Still can't bring myself to pay their prices but I see why it's worth it for a lot of people. For future brides, if you don't have four months to waste like I did, go with the Tiffany! :D

img_10969.jpg

img_0836.jpg

img_10970.jpg

img_0840.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very beautiful! I have the channel set Tiffany band and I know how hard it can be to get the perfect one so hat's off to you for finding one that works with your ring.

I just love this classic look - always in style and lets that diamond be center stage - well done!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you found a band that works! I really love the look!!!! Congrats! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results