shape
carat
color
clarity

Steve Bannon named chief strategist to the president

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And to think we were worrying for nothing! Getting our panties in a bunch for empty presdential promises and rhetoric. Boy am I relieved!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
OMFG. White supremacist Steve Bannon. Holy f*****g s**t.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw on twitter that AIPAC is "privately apoplectic" about the Bannon appointment and every single reply was like "So is it planning on being publicly apoplectic about it or....?" And yeah. Not sure that being "privately apoplectic" really does anything. Bannon et al are the ones who want a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" of America, or w/e that quote is. Yikes.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Do people not understand who he is, or are they just ok with anything at this point? "White supremacist serving in Trump administration - cool by me!!"

(Not actually cool by *me*).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479101412|4098077 said:
Do people not understand who he is, or are they just ok with anything at this point? "White supremacist serving in Trump administration - cool by me!!"

ugh, right?! I just dont understand how everyone isn't panicked about his appointment.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1479101501|4098079 said:

ugh, right?! I just dont understand how everyone isn't panicked about his appointment.

I know. I seriously ❤️ everyone in this thread thus far for understanding how painful this is.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uh, well, they wanted CHANGE, and this is definitely different from the last eight years? That's my best guess. Either that or a) people aren't looking at the news, b) people think this is "liberal elite news media lies," c) people are way racist/anti-semitic.

The Jews I know are basically all sharing stories of how they're only here today because their grandparents/great-grandparents fled Germany/Austria/Poland/wherever in the 30s.

eta, or I guess d) people don't realize how much damage this can do. I actually think it's D. People think that because everything has been trucking along pretty well and we've only been experiencing economic pains, that freedom and liberty for all will persist no matter what kind of people you put in positions of power. Sadly, that's not always true. I hope it will be the case but I honestly wouldn't even bet any money on it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479101934|4098081 said:

I know. I seriously ❤️ everyone in this thread thus far for understanding how painful this is.

Yup. I'm happy that there are others on PS who understand. I am all for being optimistic, and I will continue to hope (but without much merit, I fear) that Trump won't actually be able to accomplish all the horrible things he talked about in his campaign, and that the 4 years will go by without too many horrific incidents. However, this type of sh*t is just disturbing beyond words. THIS is why I cried after the election, not because I was "disappointed" that my candidate lost, and not because I am a "sore loser". I cried because THIS is our reality. There is a freaking white supremacist serving in the POTUS administration. I just....can't. But HUGS to you for understanding....we need to stick together.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1479102178|4098084 said:
katharath|1479101934|4098081 said:

Yup. I'm happy that there are others on PS who understand. I am all for being optimistic, and I will continue to hope (but without much merit, I fear) that Trump won't actually be able to accomplish all the horrible things he talked about in his campaign, and that the 4 years will go by without too many horrific incidents. However, this type of sh*t is just disturbing beyond words. THIS is why I cried after the election, not because I was "disappointed" that my candidate lost, and not because I am a "sore loser". I cried because THIS is our reality. There is a freaking white supremacist serving in the POTUS administration. I just....can't. But HUGS to you for understanding....we need to stick together.

YES. I could've written your post, I identify so closely with your feelings. HUGS :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1479102178|4098084 said:
THIS is why I cried after the election, not because I was "disappointed" that my candidate lost, and not because I am a "sore loser". I cried because THIS is our reality. There is a freaking white supremacist serving in the POTUS administration. I just....can't. But HUGS to you for understanding....we need to stick together.

Yes, this. If it had been a normal Republican campaign, I wouldn't be feeling like this. I'd be upset, but I wouldn't fear that everything America stands for has just been flushed down the drain.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1479102029|4098082 said:

Uh, well, they wanted CHANGE, and this is definitely different from the last eight years? That's my best guess. Either that or a) people aren't looking at the news, b) people think this is "liberal elite news media lies," c) people are way racist/anti-semitic.

The Jews I know are basically all sharing stories of how they're only here today because their grandparents/great-grandparents fled Germany/Austria/Poland/wherever in the 30s.

eta, or I guess d) people don't realize how much damage this can do. I actually think it's D. People think that because everything has been trucking along pretty well and we've only been experiencing economic pains, that freedom and liberty for all will persist no matter what kind of people you put in positions of power. Sadly, that's not always true. I hope it will be the case but I honestly wouldn't even bet any money on it.

I think realistically that it's probably D. It's just incredible to go from Obama to...this. I want to be hopeful but it's hard to justify that feeling when you consider all of the evidence at hand. I feel like it's more important to be watchful rather than hopeful at this point.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479102825|4098089 said:
I think realistically that it's probably D. It's just incredible to go from Obama to...this. I want to be hopeful but it's hard to justify that feeling when you consider all of the evidence at hand. I feel like it's more important to be watchful rather than hopeful at this point.

That's how I'm feeling too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breitbart is a hate site. Bannon is a close to Voldemort and one can be. David Brooks said in his Nov. 11 column, in an insightful column I might add, that Trump will either resign or be impeached.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and the nightmare continues. :wall: :wall: :wall:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel sick... again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am speechless and very concerned about the appointment.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice the trump supporters are suspiciously missing from this thread.

I 100% stick by my previous note that racism won.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Not a Trump supporter.

But to be honest I do not know who this guy is?

Is there a safe site (we had to trash our last computer because it picked up a bad virus) I can go to to read more about him?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1479126608|4098144 said:
I feel sick... again.

I am sick... still.

And it's only getting worse.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1479141018|4098209 said:
I notice the trump supporters are suspiciously missing from this thread.

I 100% stick by my previous note that racism won.

Yup. Funny, isn't it? "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." doesn't work for me at this point (or ever).

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
up. Funny, isn't it? "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." doesn't work for me at this point (or ever).

Elliot, did you see my request for a safe site to read more about him ?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479143188|4098227 said:
up. Funny, isn't it? "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." doesn't work for me at this point (or ever).

Elliot, did you see my request for a safe site to read more about him ?

Ruby believe it or not, not everything is about you. I didn't even see your reply until you quoted me, but I'm not surprised y your response. At this point I don't care who voted for him or didn't, only concerned with how we fix this.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Well since I started off with "not a Trump Supporter" and you referred to posters using that excuse, can you see where I thought the post was directed at me.

Why are you so hostile?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Mary.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to things that matter, I find it very alarming that Trump can look into the camera and tell viewing audiences that the protests make him "sad" yet this is what we get. How does he keep a straight face?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479143673|4098234 said:
Well since I started off with "not a Trump Supporter" and you referred to posters using that excuse, can you see where I thought the post was directed at me.

Why are you so hostile?

I saw Elliot's response after I provided you with the link, didn't know why you thought her post was directed at you either, and was going to ask the same question because you appeared self-defensive for no reason. You hadn't even posted a substantive response. That's what the "but" in Elliot's post is about.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Back to things that matter,

You are unbelievable.

So I do not matter. Wow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results