shape
carat
color
clarity

Steve Bannon named chief strategist to the president

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, back to the topic. As if Trump wasn't bad enough, the people he is surrounding himself with to guide this country are even worse.

With the Bannon news, I can hear my Holocaust survivor grandmother's bones clickety-clacketing in her grave as she rolls over. The direction the country is headed is sad and scary.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Not a Trump supporter.

But to be honest I do not know who this guy is?

Is there a safe site (we had to trash our last computer because it picked up a bad virus) I can go to to read more about him?

(My Post)

Yup. Funny, isn't it? "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." doesn't work for me at this point (or ever).

(Elliot's Response)
______________________________________________________________________________________________

And you cannot see how I could think she was responding to my post?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1479143956|4098238 said:
Back to things that matter, I find it very alarming that Trump can look into the camera and tell viewing audiences that the protests make him "sad" yet this is what we get. How does he keep a straight face?

Right?! Also, on 60 minutes he looked directly at the camera and told protesters to "stop", yet things that hiring this piece of sh*t is going to make anyone feel safer?! It seriously blows my mind. I half expect that the reason he appointed this guy (along w. Preibus, who the GOP wanted) was kind of an F-U move to the party (kind of like a 5-year old saying "HAHA you can make me eat my veggies BUT YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM THROWING UP IN YOUR FACE AFTERWARDS!!!!") Because yes, I think Trump has the emotional maturity of a 5-year-old...at best.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1479144415|4098247 said:
Back to things that matter, I find it very alarming that Trump can look into the camera and tell viewing audiences that the protests make him "sad" yet this is what we get. How does he keep a straight face?

Right?! Also, on 60 minutes he looked directly at the camera and told protesters to "stop", yet things that hiring this piece of sh*t is going to make anyone feel safer?! It seriously blows my mind. I half expect that the reason he appointed this guy (along w. Preibus, who the GOP wanted) was kind of an F-U move to the party (kind of like a 5-year old saying "HAHA you can make me eat my veggies BUT YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM THROWING UP IN YOUR FACE AFTERWARDS!!!!") Because yes, I think Trump has the emotional maturity of a 5-year-old...at best.

We see it in his business deals - he isn't happy with a deal that is good for all parties, it has to be good for him and bad and humiliating to the other guy. Sadly I've seen too many of his supporters who share the same mindset. They think you can't work for a country that works for everyone, but that some people need to win and other people need to lose. It's a toxic mindset, and I think it's very dangerous to the country, not only internally but in terms of foreign relations.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I guess we really shouldn't be surprised. His connection with Bannon was firmly established before he won the election. It's hard to predict something like this though - or anything Trump does - because he is so inconsistent and constantly contradictory.

So this probably isn't really that big of a surprise to those of us who did our research on Trump beforehand - for the people who just "hated Hillary" or blindly follow Trump, without actually paying attention to the people he surrounds himself with - perhaps there will be a little bit of "huh. Maybe I should've paid a little more attention BEFORE the election?" His hardcore supporters seem to love it, though. The Yahoo comments section on the article about this reads like a white supremacist's wet dream.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some information to share with you. This is fact that you can reference if you wish. This is meant as information only! Not my opinion or support of it so please don't jump me! My husband is a captain with a major airline. He flies international and South American routes routinely. Lately he has been doing South American trips weekly. The US government has contracts with charter carriers to return deportees to their respective countries. Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, wherever they came from. Every week these flights are taking these people back. This is nothing new, it has been going on for YEARS! Even under Obama.
Check it out. Flight track it. They fly under the call signs "Justice" and "Re-patriot".

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479146145|4098270 said:
His hardcore supporters seem to love it, though. The Yahoo comments section on the article about this reads like a white supremacist's wet dream.

Yeah, twitter is a circlejerk of dudes going "NOW we will take America back for Europeans!" and "We have at last defeated the evil forces of feminism and globalization!"

sigh.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1479146663|4098275 said:
I have some information to share with you. This is fact that you can reference if you wish. My husband is a captain with a major airline. He flies international and South American routes routinely. Lately he has been doing South American trips weekly. The US government has contracts with charter carriers to return deportees to their respective countries. Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, wherever they came from. Every week these flights are taking these people back. This is nothing new, it has been going on for YEARS! Even under Obama.
Check it out. Flight track it. They fly under the call signs "Justice" and "Re-patriot".

Nobody was talking about deportations. Deporting illegal immigrants is a completely different matter than white supremacy. One is about breaking the law and one is about, well, racism. While I support a path to citizenship, I don't think people who support deportation are immoral the way white supremacists are.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1479146927|4098280 said:
I have some information to share with you. This is fact that you can reference if you wish. My husband is a captain with a major airline. He flies international and South American routes routinely. Lately he has been doing South American trips weekly. The US government has contracts with charter carriers to return deportees to their respective countries. Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, wherever they came from. Every week these flights are taking these people back. This is nothing new, it has been going on for YEARS! Even under Obama.

Nobody was talking about deportations. Deporting illegal immigrants is a completely different matter than white supremacy. One is about breaking the law and one is about, well, racism. While I support a path to citizenship, I don't think people who support deportation are immoral the way white supremacists are.

Was that post meant for this thread? I don't see the connection.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gee thanks for correcting me on that :roll: . I guess I posted something on the wrong thread here.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479147294|4098285 said:

Was that post meant for this thread? I don't see the connection.

I guess Katharath, the connection for posting in this thread would be, Trump has been spouting off about building a "great wall" along the Mexican border. This can be seen as racist. Some posters have stated it's unfair to deport illegals Racism/white supremacy... No connection? My point was to merely point out that our country has been deporting illegals for a long time. If you find this irrelevant or off point then that's fine because it's not about a particular white supremacist. I only meant to share something today that maybe people didn't know was happening and how it is bipartisan in nature. That all.
Back to supremacist bashing which is fine :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
America's next flag. :nono:

screen_shot_2016-11-14_at_11.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Trump's daughter married a Jew and converted.

So I doubt it.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1479152392|4098336 said:
Trump's daughter married a Jew and converted.

So I doubt it.

Lol. Yeah. I'm sure his daughter marrying a Jew and converting will keep him in check. It didn't keep him from hiring a white supremacist, so...

Here are just a few of the headlines Steve Bannon signed off for on his widely acknowledged anti Semitic, racist, misogynist website, Breitbart (btw, his site is considered so extreme that most mainstream conservatives disavow it). These are all actual articles that his site promoted, with their actual titles. For those of you who may not understand why this is so offensive, I've labeled each with the reason.

“Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" (misogynistic)

"Bill Kristol: Republican spoiler, renegade Jew" (anti Semitic)

"Lesbian bridezillas bully bridal shop owner over religious beliefs" (anti LGBTQ)

"Teenage boys with tits: Here’s my problem with Ghostbusters" (misogynistic)

"Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage" (racist)

"There’s no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews" (misogynistic)

"Gabby Giffords: The gun control movement’s human shield" (wow, just deplorable?)

"Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy" (misogynistic)

"Roger Stone: Clinton aide Huma Abedin ‘most likely a Saudi spy’" (racist/misogynist combo?)

"The solution to online ‘harassment’ is simple: Women should log off" (misogynistic)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1479144415|4098247 said:

I missed this portion of the show last night but just heard it today. At least Trump is telling people who are doing horrific things like what was done to jeweln to stop. I have not heard one word from Obama on the riots that are continuing now. Is he reveling in them?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479153848|4098351 said:
Lol. Yeah. I'm sure his daughter marrying a Jew and converting will keep him in check. It didn't keep him from hiring a white supremacist, so...

Here are just a few of the headlines Steve Bannon signed off for on his widely acknowledged anti Semitic, racist, misogynist website, Breitbart (btw, his site is considered so extreme that most mainstream conservatives disavow it). These are all actual articles that his site promoted, with their actual titles. For those of you who may not understand why this is so offensive, I've labeled each with the reason.
But I bet he has really great policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1479153996|4098352 said:
I missed this portion of the show last night but just heard it today. At least Trump is telling people who are doing horrific things like what was done to jeweln to stop. I have not heard one word from Obama on the riots that are continuing now. Is he reveling in them?
Post hoc ergo propter hoc with a bit of cum hoc ergo propter hoc thrown in for good measure.

Some of the protests have become destructive acts of civil disobedience, not all. There's nothing holding Trump back from calling his own press conference to denounce those who are engaging in hate crimes due to his endorsement of such acts during his campaign. Some things are righter than and more wrong than others.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1479154509|4098353 said:

LOLOLOL
Thank you for the laugh, I needed that!

On another note, it's very interesting to see the attempts at pivoting going on in this thread. I don't want to take us off course, so I won't dwell on it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
On another note, it's very interesting to see the attempts at pivoting going on in this thread. I don't want to take us off course, so I won't dwell on it.

Why is no one speaking of the violence that is going on now.

I can barely drive home from work without fear that someone is going to throw a bottle at my windshield or step in front of my car.

And it is much worse in many other cities?

Why are none of the democrats denouncing it?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/11/14/black-teens-beat-white-trump-supporter-where-is-president-obama-now.html

It goes both ways. Yet no mention of this here.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1479154881|4098357 said:

I can barely drive home from work without fear that someone is going to throw a bottle at my windshield or step in front of my car.

And it is much worse in many other cities?

Why are none of the democrats denouncing it?

It's probably Obama's fault. Don't worry, now that we have Trump there will be no more violence, as is clearly indicated by his choosing such inclusive people in his administration.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1479154762|4098355 said:
redwood66|1479153996|4098352 said:
Post hoc ergo propter hoc with a bit of cum hoc ergo propter hoc thrown in for good measure.

Some of the protests have become destructive acts of civil disobedience, not all. There's nothing holding Trump back from calling his own press conference to denounce those who are engaging in hate crimes due to his endorsement of such acts during his campaign. Some things are righter than and more wrong than others.

Declared a riot in Portland, OR due to the destruction and laws that have been broken. There is nothing stopping Obama either.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/us/oregon-protest-riot/

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479154881|4098357 said:

I wonder the same.
Why has President Obama not addressed this? Did he and I missed this?
Why has our Senators not addressed this?
Why have none of our politicians denounced the violence or taken action to defuse and calm this?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really hard to believe that this is actually happening in the United States. For years I have advocated a more radical (a very old school) feminism than most young women today understand. And the reason is because I grew up before abortion was legal. Legal anywhere at all in the continental United States. Now Donald Trump says that he has a litmus test for a Supreme Court Justice. And on an issue not mentioned in the Constitution. The prospective Justice must be anti-abortion.

Misogyny; racism; and anti-semitism seem to be thriving post-election. I had hoped for better.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479154865|4098356 said:

LOLOLOL

Is that directed at me? I was responding to comments made in this thread. So sorry for stepping into your bashing coffee klatch. Continue on.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
It's probably Obama's fault. Don't worry, now that we have Trump there will be no more violence, as is clearly indicated by his choosing such inclusive people in his administration.

Yes, just shove it off that blacks beat a white supporter. People are having bottles thrown at their car. People's cars are being hijacked.
News crews are being attacked. Businesses are being destroyed.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479154865|4098356 said:

LOLOLOL

I wasn't INTENTIONALLY trying tp pivot this thread Katarath. I explained my position, so thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Here is another jewel that Trump is considering (he has not been confirmed yet to my knowledge). Of course this guy is no Steve Bannon, but still...

Link:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/11/14/donald_trump_could_undo_obama_s_big_hud_initiative_in_desegregation.html

Just a small clip, you can read the full article at the link.

Trump’s Rumored Housing Secretary Is Best Known for Keeping His County Segregated

For a certain type of conservative, one of the great outrages of the Obama era was an obscure 2015 rule from the Department of Housing and Urban Development called “Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing.”

AFFH was more interesting than its name. It was the Obama administration’s attempt to battle neighborhood segregation, the inequities of which are the invisible foundation of American crises like the racial wealth gap and disparity in public education.

How will Donald Trump approach that legacy? There are rumors that Trump’s choice for HUD secretary might be Westchester County, New York, executive Rob Astorino, a Republican who has made his career fighting against integration in Westchester and would almost certainly undo HUD’s enhanced scrutiny of racial discrimination in housing.

When HUD put pressure on Westchester last year to build more affordable housing—and not just in Westchester’s poorest corners—Astorino said the agency was engaging in “social engineering.” What’s next, he asked: Is the federal government going to break up Chinatown?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what the tipping point will be, when the reigning Republicans in government who sold their souls for their beliefs realize they have been betrayed and I wonder how they will attempt their retribution.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If this rioting (this is not demonstrating) spreads and goes on much longer there will be nothing left to worry about.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1479155803|4098378 said:
I wonder what the tipping point will be, when the reigning Republicans in government who sold their souls for their beliefs realize they have been betrayed and I wonder how they will attempt their retribution.

No idea, but the fact that I believe it will happen is at least a (cold) comfort.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results