shape
carat
color
clarity

Steve Bannon named chief strategist to the president

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Just read that over 14,000 people have signed a petition to remove those two. No doubt they are gone. :clap:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1479177052|4098608 said:
AGBF|1479176001|4098587 said:
Wow. I come back to defend a posting about Michele Obama and Melania Trump because ruby mentioned it in another thread and i come back here to see a much bigger fight in progress!

About Michele Obama and Melania Trump.... I do not hate Melania Trump. She is probably a victim of Donald Trump. She has, however, been willing to remain married to him and been willing to defend him publicly (in at least one speech) although he has a racist, anti-immigrant, misogynistic agenda. She has no special talents of which I am aware, although one need not be talented to be a good person. She also has never performed any charitable acts of which I am aware. At most she has never been known to do egregious harm to others in her own right; she has "merely" supported a man who harms others.

Michele Obama, on the other hand, is an educated woman, a lawyer, a woman who has managed to be a gracious First lady and to represent the United States at many functions around the world. She is extremely well spoken, even eloquent, and a passionate advocate of civil rights. She has raised issues that have an impact on the health of American children and adults as First lady and used the bully pulpit to advance her causes. She managed to raise two daughters in the public eye. She is warm, charming, and loved by the American people.

Didn't someone use that argument about Hillary that she should have divorced Bill.

I remember how that went over.

Ok. Ignore that one point. What about the other facts?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1479177052|4098608 said:
AGBF|1479176001|4098587 said:
Wow. I come back to defend a posting about Michele Obama and Melania Trump because ruby mentioned it in another thread and i come back here to see a much bigger fight in progress!

About Michele Obama and Melania Trump.... I do not hate Melania Trump. She is probably a victim of Donald Trump. She has, however, been willing to remain married to him and been willing to defend him publicly (in at least one speech) although he has a racist, anti-immigrant, misogynistic agenda. She has no special talents of which I am aware, although one need not be talented to be a good person. She also has never performed any charitable acts of which I am aware. At most she has never been known to do egregious harm to others in her own right; she has "merely" supported a man who harms others.

Michele Obama, on the other hand, is an educated woman, a lawyer, a woman who has managed to be a gracious First lady and to represent the United States at many functions around the world. She is extremely well spoken, even eloquent, and a passionate advocate of civil rights. She has raised issues that have an impact on the health of American children and adults as First lady and used the bully pulpit to advance her causes. She managed to raise two daughters in the public eye. She is warm, charming, and loved by the American people.

Didn't someone use that argument about Hillary that she should have divorced Bill.

I remember how that went over.

True, Ruby.
Btw, I don't actually know what this particular disagreement Deb mentions is all about. Can't keep up.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1479177045|4098607 said:
I think we all appreciate the Obamas as a good family. The current President has high approval ratings, imo, as a person rather than as a leader. About three quarters of America thinks we are presently going the wrong direction under his administration. Hillary ran on the promise of a third Obama term, and those policies were rejected.
I overlooked the tweet at first. That was a public official who called the First Lady an ape? Is this for real? Crazy.

Anna, I respectfully disagree.

Qualities of a great leader (compiled from many sources)

Clarity, courage, passion, humility, decisiveness, positive attitude, take responsibility, they know how to communicate, humor, commitment, honesty, conscientiousness, openness, strong (but not impolite),bold (but not a bully), they care

of course there are many more, but IMHO Obama is a great leader and that his approval rating is not just as a person.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Si, the President is a great communicator on the campaign trail (great personality) but received criticism for failing to give time to legislators and even world leaders. (Just for example, not making a list). He works from an ideology I assume is close to your own, so you view him from a different pov from mine. I get it. But tens of millions of Americans didn't want a third term. IMO, the high approval rating is influenced by the low approval of Trump and Clinton.
The President inherited a mess from Bush, and Trump is inheriting an even worse mess from Obama. Trump may improve our situation or make it worse. Government spending, debt, and abuse of power is so overwhelming, that things may get a great deal worse no matter who is in charge. This is what concerns me, along with issues like security.
Liberals have other concerns that they mistakenly think conservatives don't care about. They worry about human rights. No one is losing rights. As I've written before, even Michael Moore says this was not an identity election. Trump voters ( excepting a relatively few looneys) don't hate their fellow Americans. We hate what Washington represents on both sides. I wish Trump would drain the swamp, but I'm not holding my breath. (Maybe I should hold my breath. Swamps are stinky!)
I appreciate your engaging me, Si. It's unlikely that our engagement will change minds, but hearts are a different organ.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results