color
clarity

Star129 setting search is over!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!
here is my new stone;
.88 Star129

I was very undecided for a while about how I wanted it set but in the end I went with a classic solitaire that has a gorgeous profile and clean fluid lines!
As I'm still waiting for my ring to be finished I will just post pics of the other settings my stone tried on before finding "the one" :lol:

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
and more....
these are blurry bcuz my hubby took the pics lol

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for the final ring! I bet it'll be beautiful!
Thanks for sharing real life pictures of different settings: they'll help many PSers.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love your diamond! It's gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! :love: How fun to get to try it in all those settings!!!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I know I can't wait either! I keep wanting to call Derco and ask for status update lol.
But my hubby just got me a new pavé band so that's tiding me over for now ;-)
Thank you guys for the compliments on my diamond. I like it but of course I'm biased.

It was a lot of fun trying on settings although a tad overwhelming. Everytime I thought I knew what I wanted I would find a new setting I loved! I know my hubby was a bit frazzled by all the choices. It was nice that I could try different things and see how they looked with my stone on me instead of just online. We must have gone to all the jewelers in the SF Gift center as well as Geoffrey's in San carlos and Gleim at Stanford. Loads of fun. I'd do it again!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher, is that the new pave band? Where did he find that - do you have a link, perhaps, that you could share? I am looking for a "lil sumpin' sumpin' " just like that!!
Very excited to see your new setting and the hand shots -include lots of your nails, too - WOW they are amazing! :love:

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1323649758|3079480 said:
SweetAsscher, is that the new pave band? Where did he find that - do you have a link, perhaps, that you could share? I am looking for a "lil sumpin' sumpin' " just like that!!
Very excited to see your new setting and the hand shots -include lots of your nails, too - WOW they are amazing! :love:

No, that's not my band, but it is lovely! I was just trying it on at the store.
I got my band from diamond bistro, just got it in the mail yesterday! It has three rows of teeny tiny pave. It's exactly what I wanted, not super blingy but still sparkly. I wanted it to compliment my diamond and not take away too much attention from it since it's not a very large stone (at least on my hands).
I still want a blingy band though! I gotta say I'm loving the simple versatility of a solitaire! My original wedding set (which I love) is very thick and detailed with rb and baguettes and milgrain and a few princess all over the place.
Before I found this one on db I was looking at ID Jewelry and Eternity diamonds. I also considered Shane Co. just because it's so convenient to have them service the jewelry if a diamond falls out or something.

ETA: thanks for the compliment on my nails! can you tell I like sparkly? lol I have glitter toes too!

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 9.51.33 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 9.51.50 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 9.52.10 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 9.52.37 PM.png

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
This is my wedding set. It is four tiny princess invisible set with a halo and split shank. Then I found two contour bands that happened to fit perfectly! Initially I had planned to replace the four princess with an asscher, but now I think I want an asscher larger than what would fit in there so I'm thinking a Princess of hearts.

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.27.06 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.27.18 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.27.47 PM.png

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
My anniversary three stone ring. I sometimes wear this on my left hand but more usually as a rhr.
I don't really know the specs of this ring as I bought it from an auction site. They had estimated it half carat center, quarter carat each side and there's also two small rb on each side as well. All the diamonds are very white and completely loupe clean except for a small black carbon in one of the corners that's not noticeable right away.

ETA: Step cuts are soo hard to photograph!!

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.38.29 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.38.45 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.39.03 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.39.13 PM.png

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You really do love the sparkle! Those nails are amazing! Great purchase from Diamond Bistro - that's a beautiful new (to you) band you have there - enjoy! Thanks for the info about the narrow band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results