shape
carat
color
clarity

Star rose quartz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat. Congrats!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
This one is lovely also!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring. I''m with you on loving stars. So much fun to see them glowing in the stone.
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I love this stone! I hope he gave you a credit since he made it in the wrong gold. The ring looks very nice!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 12:02:34 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Oh RubyCharm, thank you. And your gem is so gorgeous, words fail me. How did your ring story end? I thought you were very brave in the way you handled it. I hope you got the end result you were wishing for!

Oops, I''m sorry I didn''t reply sooner!
38.gif

Your ring turned out to be a truly unique and beautiful piece of jewelry!

The yellow gold bezel complements the stone very nicely!
3.gif

As for my reset, it''s still in production!!!
32.gif
But, I should be getting it soon.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a cool ring!
21.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just saw the hand shots... Incredible. what a cool ring... it looks mesmerizing!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like this ring and the color of the stone. It is such a beautiful color.
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a good job with the setting. I love how watery the quartz looks.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of your lovely compliments

Stone Hunter
stepcutnut
Fly Girl
cinnamon013
RubyCharm
tourmaline_lover
D&T
Linda W
Chrono

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
cinnamon013

You know, she did not...
7.gif
She just said it's her mistake and she's very sorry. Then she offered to dismantle the ring and send the stone back. She said she had given me a really low price by mistake (the bezel is 22k gold, and she had forgotten how expensive it was), and therefore couldn't make the ring anew with the right color gold. I was disappointed, but didn't want her to send the stone back, because then I would have had to start form the beginning. Plus I really wanted her design. But after this experience and the level of communication, I will not buy from her again.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh RubyCharm, it sucks that you haven''t gotten the ring back! You are so patient. Keeping my fingers crossed, you''ll get it back soon :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono, the design is really nice and for the price the quality is really good. I like the buttery color of the 22k gold bezel. There was some glue left on the back of the ring, where the metal meets the stone, I'll have to see how to get it out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glue? What''s it doing there?
33.gif
It''s not glued on, right?
3.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I really really hope not
20.gif
I asked the seller, but she hasn''t answered yet. I think she''s tired of me.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:55:29 PM
Author: Chrono

Glue?
My thought exactly
23.gif
If she glues stones instead of setting them...I''d stay away from such a metalsmith. But it turned out to be a really beautiful ring, and I''m sure it looks even better IRL (plus I love high karat yellow gold, so this ended up being a wonderful mistake IMO
9.gif
). The color contrast makes the stone really pop!

Enjoy it
2.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The stone sits tight in its bezel, so I don''t know whether it''s something else entirely, or if its some other substance that has been left from the setting process. I won''t be using this designer again in any case. I''m just happy that the star stone has a beautiful home now.

Thanks Ma_re, I agree about the contrast. It takes out beautiful purple undertones that I didn''t know were there!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, glue was used in the setting process for stability purposes, because the open back edges are made in silver and the bezel is in gold. I just got a kind mail from the vendor, so I'm good. I have a great ring, the mistake with the gold was a happy mistake because of the beautiful contrast, as Ma_re pointed out and all ended well.

Back to enjoying the ring
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:55:54 AM
Yeah, glue was used in the setting process for stability purposes, because the open back edges are made in silver and the bezel is in gold. I just got a kind mail from the vendor, so I''m good. I have a great ring, the mistake with the gold was a happy mistake because of the beautiful contrast, as Ma_re pointed out and all ended well.

9.gif
The ring looks lovely MT. I also convo''d the same seller about one month ago regarding a custom ring, still haven''t heard back from her...
Also she sometimes uses synthetic stones, which is fine as she''s into the ethical/vegan stance, but the stone isn''t listed as synthetic, only if you click go into the actual listing you find out the stone is lab created, which to me, is somewhat misleading.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Well I think the yellow gold turned out great inspite of the fact it is not what you ordered. May I ask how much you were charged to make the ring? You don''t have to reveal if you are not comfortable doing so.

Regarding glue, I convo''d with onegarnetgirl once about setting my opposed bar cut tourmaline that is a square stone and she indicated there is a glue she might be able to use to help set the stone. So I think it is a substance that is sometimes used in setting stones into these bezel type things. I doubt that all of them have to use it, but sometimes it might be used.

Otherwise, let me say again - I love this stone and ring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 9:39:40 PM
Author: Lovinggems

Yeah, glue was used in the setting process for stability purposes, because the open back edges are made in silver and the bezel is in gold. I just got a kind mail from the vendor, so I''m good. I have a great ring, the mistake with the gold was a happy mistake because of the beautiful contrast, as Ma_re pointed out and all ended well.

9.gif

The ring looks lovely MT. I also convo''d the same seller about one month ago regarding a custom ring, still haven''t heard back from her...

Also she sometimes uses synthetic stones, which is fine as she''s into the ethical/vegan stance, but the stone isn''t listed as synthetic, only if you click go into the actual listing you find out the stone is lab created, which to me, is somewhat misleading.

Sorry you haven''t heard back Lovinggems, that''s happened to me too, on Etsy. Try again, sometimes the convos "get lost" somehow.
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 10:30:09 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Well I think the yellow gold turned out great inspite of the fact it is not what you ordered. May I ask how much you were charged to make the ring? You don''t have to reveal if you are not comfortable doing so.

Regarding glue, I convo''d with onegarnetgirl once about setting my opposed bar cut tourmaline that is a square stone and she indicated there is a glue she might be able to use to help set the stone. So I think it is a substance that is sometimes used in setting stones into these bezel type things. I doubt that all of them have to use it, but sometimes it might be used.

Otherwise, let me say again - I love this stone and ring!

Thank you Cinnamon! Good to know about the glue, too. I agree about the ring, I wear it all the time, I like the yellow gold. The vendor said the real price for a ring like this would be around 200$ (with the 22k yellow gold), I paid a lot less because of the mistake in pricing. So all around, ahappy mistake.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 5:08:32 AM

Date: 5/30/2009 9:39:40 PM
Author: Lovinggems

9.gif

Sorry you haven''t heard back Lovinggems, that''s happened to me too, on Etsy. Try again, sometimes the convos ''get lost'' somehow.
1.gif
Thanks MT, but I already sent my stone to someone else for setting, and I got a reply from this designer within a few hours, so all is good.
21.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems, that''s even better! I hope you get the setting soon and love it.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I''d post a few pics with the star. This is one of my favorite rings. I think this is the highest quality stone in it''s league that I own right now. Some day I want a stunning star corundrum.

starringwstar1.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
another :)

starringwstar2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
yet another...

starringwstar3.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
and my blurry favorite!

starringwstar4favorite.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking great in the setting, how bout them handshots?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 3:44:13 PM
Author: D&T
Looking great in the setting, how bout them handshots?

OH believe me, I tried! But holding the flashlight, and the camera, and having one hand tied in the photo turned out to be impossible. I''ll ask hubby tomorrow
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results