shape
carat
color
clarity

Star rose quartz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I haven''t seen any star rose quartz here, so I had a small photo shoot with mine. I''m going to ship it off to McFarland designs, an Etsy seller Monday. It''s going to be set in a simple ring with red gold bezel and silver shank. I can''t wait! I''ll post pictures when I get it. In the meantime, here''s the gem. The star was really difficult to catch, it''s crazy bright in sunlight IRL. A fun stone.

starrosequartz.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
In bright evening sunlight. I can''t wait to play with this, when it''s set.

brightstarsunlight.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Overcast. It''s going to be a middle finger ring. You can see why I want a red gold bezel. Waaaaaay too close to skin color in this light. Yuck.

starinblanddaylight.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite picture. I had such a hard time deciding on a setting. I''ve planned everything from elaborate filigree to pink diamond details in the shank. But the star makes up for the action. At least on sunny days.

starrosefave.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
On its box....

staronbox.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Last one!

interestingstar.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone. I never saw one before and I can''t wait to see it set.

Please take a lot of pictures.
36.gif
36.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Linda, I will! It''s always so exciting to have a project going on. I also love how stones look when they are set. I feel much more confident playing with them. When they''re loose, I''m always scared of dropping them or nicking them.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Thats really neat and pretty.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou Icce. I love star stones. I thought I would buy a real nice star rose quartz instead of an inferior star sapphire. But I ended up buying both
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
. I actually think I overpaid for this quartz, after other prices I''ve seen online. But I would have to see the other gems IRL to be sure so there''s no way to tell. Live and learn, and I love this gem, so it doesn''t matter that much, luckily :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cute piece. It even looks like a translucent lavender jade cabochon in one of your pictures.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I love this stone!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Chrono.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...I''ve never seen a stone like that before...it is AMAZING...I can''t wait to see the finished ring!!!
30.gif

Lori

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cofor, this is a really interesting question. I was going to have it set with an open back. Can you elaborate?

I tried putting the stone on a mirror and shined a flashlight on it. I saw two stars, whereas if I put it on my hand, I see one star. If the sun shines on the stone, I see the star. I know some sources say, you have to shine the light through the back of the stone in order to see the star, but that hasn''t been my experience.

I would like to hear more, if you have any information
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you cinnamon013!
1.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an amazing sheen it has!! I can''t WAIT to see it set!!
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I personally think these stones are some of the best buys, as they''re not only interesting and beautiful, but waaay cheaper than any decent star sapphire, not to mention ruby. I also like black and white star sapphires (white are sometimes refered to as grey), which can also be very nice and affordable. Looking forward to seeing it set
2.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you DandiAndi
1.gif
I''m having a hard time picturing it set, but I hope it will be a fun ring.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you mr. ma re
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
That''s exactly what I thought when I started looking for this. It took quite some time.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2009 2:20:28 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Wow, what an amazing sheen it has!! I can''t WAIT to see it set!!
30.gif
ditto!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, let me say I''ve come back several times to keep enjoying this stone. It is really cool! Must work, must work, must not look at cool star rose quartz...

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in as well, it''s on its way now!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This made me laugh out loud, aaaawwww! That''s sweet and funny.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful! I''m looking forward to seeing pics of the finished ring
3.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh RubyCharm, thank you. And your gem is so gorgeous, words fail me. How did your ring story end? I thought you were very brave in the way you handled it. I hope you got the end result you were wishing for!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, my ring is done, and it''s arrived. The story of it was kind of a bummer, because the Etsy seller made with a yellow gold bezel instead of rose gold as I asked. But I''ve reconciled myself with the thought by now, and this is such a quizzical gem!

starrosering1.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so much fun chasing the star. I feel like a little kid when I walk around, chasing the light, so I can see the star. In most lights it''s really faint, but then suddenly it blazes. The stone''s color deepened with the bezel, and it''s just very lovely.

starrosering2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The vendor''s photo which is beautiful.

il_430xN.71048951.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results