shape
carat
color
clarity

STALKED..a cautionary tale/ Please read

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Sorry if my comment came off as offensive or patronizing - your first post asked for advice

No, not offended. I've locked down all of my social media to private, considering closing Facebook acct....it is very invasive really.... you made me think, the appearance of this person was to the very day...the day I made a large purchase on a social site

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is scary stuff!!

I am glad you have plans and are thinking about what to do in various scenarios. This is the best offense.

So IF you get his plate you may find it’s unregistered or stolen. Or registered to someone else. What will the police do then?

Keep us updated many PSers are concerned.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing helpful to add, except to say that I am thinking of you, and hoping that this a**h*** goes away or gets taken down.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AnnaNMoss nothing extra or useful to add here but really hoping the guy gets stopped very soon. It’s so unfair that the behaviour of one person is having such an impact on your whole family.

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
@AnnaNMoss, I am so sorry you are going through this. I was stalked many years ago, albeit by someone I knew. He was an ex-boyfriend and a police officer, which made the situation all the more difficult. It was very scary, but I also felt very angry about being made to feel as if I was not safe in my home.

I don't have anything to add to the great advice everyone has already given, but I wanted to tell you that I admire you for taking charge of your situation and being as proactive as you can. I am sending all the good thoughts your way.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AnnaNMoss. i just checked in hoping this situation had sorted itself out. your safety has certainly been in my thoughts
stay safe

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread hoping for some good news. I cannot wait until this guy has been identified and either goes to jail or gets the mental help he needs. Not to be an alarmist but as brazen as he has been- I get the feeling he has gotten away in the past with doing this type of thing or worse and he needs to be stopped. Sending prayers.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you have been able to get the license plate and more help from the police. In the meantime, just a reminder to be careful with your garage door openers. We all leave them in our cars and it is easy to program an opener so you want to remove them from your cars every time, just like your keys.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Anna - so sorry you are all going through this. Me and a bunch of PS gals wanna come by and kick some stalker @ss. Sigh. If only it was that easy.

My dad stalked my Mom years ago while I was a teenager at home. I get it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you. Have you spotted him this week? Give us an update when you can.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, not offended. I've locked down all of my social media to private, considering closing Facebook acct....it is very invasive really.... you made me think, the appearance of this person was to the very day...the day I made a large purchase on a social site

Was the place you made the purchase from local or within the state?

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Now that I've got cameras in my car and on my front lawn, there's been no sign of him this week. The last time I saw him was last Friday morning, the day after he followed me. He was heading toward my house and passed me...and saw my husband in the vehicle behind me. The sheriff's have my home on "special watch" and have been cruising thru at random times during the night. I think maybe he is "laying low" while we are on high alert. But I do not think he will stay away. What criminal would come back even after they're had a flashlight beaming on their face or see that the people have installed a new motion activated floodlight? HIM. Very brazen.
I saw his face on Friday and searched the local area records for registered sex offenders. There's a guy that looks a lot like him that lives 10 minutes away!
But I'm not 100% sure it's him. My husband wants me to ask the deputies to check him out, see what he drives. I guess registered offenders have little rights, he is a "moderate" risk, lifetime labeled. Currently on probation after jail time for sexual assault. What would you do?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all. Now that I've got cameras in my car and on my front lawn, there's been no sign of him this week. The last time I saw him was last Friday morning, the day after he followed me. He was heading toward my house and passed me...and saw my husband in the vehicle behind me. The sheriff's have my home on "special watch" and have been cruising thru at random times during the night. I think maybe he is "laying low" while we are on high alert. But I do not think he will stay away. What criminal would come back even after they're had a flashlight beaming on their face or see that the people have installed a new motion activated floodlight? HIM. Very brazen.
I saw his face on Friday and searched the local area records for registered sex offenders. There's a guy that looks a lot like him that lives 10 minutes away!
But I'm not 100% sure it's him. My husband wants me to ask the deputies to check him out, see what he drives. I guess registered offenders have little rights, he is a "moderate" risk, lifetime labeled. Currently on probation after jail time for sexual assault. What would you do?

I would do exactly what you said and see what he drives! There isnt any harm in just looking into this lead

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m send my husband by his house (or someone) to see what car is in the driveway. Or the police. Worth checking out.

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
You think I should just ask police to check him out? He's in same county even.

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Ok, just emailed the deputy for my case. Do they have some way to trace vehicles registered to specific addresses? I'll let you know if I hear anything. My understanding too is that these registered offenders can be questioned at any time.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, just emailed the deputy for my case. Do they have some way to trace vehicles registered to specific addresses? I'll let you know if I hear anything. My understanding too is that these registered offenders can be questioned at any time.

My husband is a police officer and while this will vary from state to state, where we live, my husband would not be able to accommodate this request. Without getting into it too much, yes, all citizens have rights, even those on a registry, and you don’t have enough to go on here. If you had the plate number, they could look it up and find out who the driver is (they run plates all the time), but going at it in reverse - having a guess of who the driver might be based on a hunch and asking for an investigation into that person, a person you’ve never met before, wouldn’t be legal. You’ll really need to get a plate.

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Yes, that's what they just told me. I'm freaked out right now. Our game camera caught him driving by on tuesday at 501 am, wed at 510 am. Then the worst, yesterday at 530am, he parked, left his headlights on and ran down in front of my house over to the garage area, looking for my car (which is now parked nightly in garage). Cops still say I need plates or pic of guy.

I want to move.

I'm buying the Ring.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that's what they just told me. I'm freaked out right now. Our game camera caught him driving by on tuesday at 501 am, wed at 510 am. Then the worst, yesterday at 530am, he parked, left his headlights on and ran down in front of my house over to the garage area, looking for my car (which is now parked nightly in garage). Cops still say I need plates or pic of guy.

I want to move.

I'm buying the Ring.

Ugh seriously so bad. Nothing usable from the Wednesday night parking incident? Did you inform the deputy of that new incident? Wonder if the deputy would have any thoughts on doing a post on a community Facebook page or something of the video/photos asking “anyone know who this is?” like they do on the news after a crime. Hate to poke the bear but maybe someone else in the community knows him.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to move.

I'm buying the Ring.

What a f-ing creep. Ring has solar camera too. I’d camera your place up and light it up like Clark griswold with motion cameras.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to move.

I'm buying the Ring.

Hire off duty cop to come on at 4 am and sit in your driveway. It’s a private drive. They could probably pull him over once he enters your private street.

We have gates on our private drive. What about neighborhood going in to gate the street?

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Pics not great, just scary as hell. Neighbor is checking his cameras for video footage.
Deputy says is suspicious, he certainly understands my concern, but can't do much with current info. I don't wish this on anyone, but at least if you know your stalker you know their name and what they might be up to or want from you. This situation is so predatory. And I have no idea what, why, who

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get your neighbors to check those times on their cameras too. One of them may have the plate showing or a partial photo of him.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you install cameras (maybe trail or game cameras) at the entrance and along the private drive? More cameras with better chance at getting plates. Then even if your cameras at home don't get the plates, it will be trackable from where plates are seen up to your house.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Pics not great, just scary as hell. Neighbor is checking his cameras for video footage.
Deputy says is suspicious, he certainly understands my concern, but can't do much with current info. I don't wish this on anyone, but at least if you know your stalker you know their name and what they might be up to or want from you. This situation is so predatory. And I have no idea what, why, who

our business has “smile, you’re on camera” signs around our properties. I’d post those suckers all over your yard, at entrance of driveway, at front door, garage, etc.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have one that says “if you can read this, you are in range” but probably not a good idea for this case...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to move.

I'm buying the Ring.

This is freaking scary!!

Can you move? I'd move...even if it's just for a couple of weeks or a couple of months...until hopefully he's gone.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Possible suspect lives 10 minutes away? So you have a name and address- right? I would rent or borrow a car for a day, wear a hoodie and try to see what car he drives. If it's the same car- you know you have the right guy and you can get his plate number for the police or at least give them some evidence that this guy might be your stalker.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn’t there a way to get a camera installed on your mailbox or outside in your yard in order to get his plate? When I am out in my yard, i hear my neighbor’s camera whizzing...i have no idea where it is, but it’s filming everything that moves.

Do you have a home security system? We have Vivint. It comes with a doorbell camera that takes video, but it also has a direct line to the police and a special code that if someone forces you to disarm your system, it will look like you disarmed, but it will actually call the police right away. It also has a panic button to call the police immediately. Once that happens, the security team comes on over the panel and starts talking to you. They also start recording. They will install smart locks, a smart garage, the whole bit. We love it. We’ve tried other companies and weren’t happy.

You might want to compare the ring videos to the Vivint videos if you are considering a system. My videos are clear enough to identify someone but they aren’t as high quality as the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results