shape
carat
color
clarity

STALKED..a cautionary tale/ Please read

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about putting spike strips on your driveway at night? I saw several on amazon and Etsy (called ninja caltrops)

ETA: these seem like fun. I might get some just to have just in case.

Would he not then be trapped at the location?

I'm not sure a trapped person would act more rationally than someone free to leave, and he doesn't appear very rational in the first place... lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would he not then be trapped at the location?

I'm not sure a trapped person would act more rationally than someone free to leave, and he doesn't appear very rational in the first place... lol

You just can’t know what is in a crazy person’s head.

I’d love to blow his front windshield out with a shotgun so his momma knows he’s been up to no good. Another fantasy of mine.

I was figuring his tires would pop slowly so it wouldn’t be until he drove away. I didn’t look at exactly how large these are, so I was assuming like roofing nail in tire— takes a few days.

But point taken. The Etsy guy does have various sizes and amounts. The review comments are entertaining.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to show you this from my ring motion sensor floodlight cam:

The first shows the siren button.

The second is a view from earlier from my city house. That is my son picking up roofing nails from the house they are building next door. That is what made me think of tire things.

0B61181C-D9D2-47CC-AE2C-24EFC75B83E8.jpeg FF10E8FA-646D-4F19-8B3F-3AEFCFADD6B9.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to show you this from my ring motion sensor floodlight cam:

The first shows the siren button.

The second is a view from earlier from my city house. That is my son picking up roofing nails from the house they are building next door. That is what made me think of tire things.

Nice field of view and image quality!
:)

You may wish to delete if you have your contact details in the public domain or, potentially, given out to strangers, though!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice field of view and image quality!
:)

You may wish to delete if you have your contact details in the public domain or, potentially, given out to strangers, though!

There is nothing in that house worth stealing lol, and it’s always occupied my several people at once and dogs etc. I appreciate your concern, but I think these pics are ok. I have many more things there I haven’t discussed lol.

Oh and ignore the ratty fence. The new neighbors are putting up a 10 foot fence, so thank goodness we never put up a newer one. It is falling down though as they bump into it lol

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
@whitewave first, let me tell you we think alike! I was already looking at tire strips, lol. The deputy I talked to in person today netted out what I can and cannot do legally in my state. If he is in his car in my driveway not much. But if he gets out of that car, all bets are off. He does not even have to be in the house, just physically on my property with ill intent and we reasonably fear harm.
Deputy watched video of man turning around to follow me, just shaking his head like mmm mmm mmm. It is officially an open case with evidence. Gotta get that plate!!
I am all for the Ring, but husband is looking at something else...eyeroll....so I put up a game camera....no flash night vision....

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave first, let me tell you we think alike! I was already looking at tire strips, lol. The deputy I talked to in person today netted out what I can and cannot do legally in my state. If he is in his car in my driveway not much. But if he gets out of that car, all bets are off. He does not even have to be in the house, just physically on my property with ill intent and we reasonably fear harm.
Deputy watched video of man turning around to follow me, just shaking his head like mmm mmm mmm. It is officially an open case with evidence. Gotta get that plate!!
I am all for the Ring, but husband is looking at something else...eyeroll....so I put up a game camera....no flash night vision....

Night vision game cam is another good idea. Glad you did that.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is nothing in that house worth stealing lol, and it’s always occupied my several people at once and dogs etc. I appreciate your concern, but I think these pics are ok. I have many more things there I haven’t discussed lol.

Oh and ignore the ratty fence. The new neighbors are putting up a 10 foot fence, so thank goodness we never put up a newer one. It is falling down though as they bump into it lol

By the way, that is the house I’m going to eventually tear down so if anyone wants to break in... joke is on you lol.

My mentally ill sister is my stalker, so hence the cameras...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that's got to be difficult.

Well, yours is definitely frightening. Mine is aggravating and she got in the house once that we know of. It doesn’t help when family members tell you that you are overreacting (?!?) and that she isn’t dangerous. Uuuh, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, I caught her on the other set of cameras (the place is wired up and it’s sort of sick but funny... two sets of cameras everywhere and two different brands)... got her date and time stamped trespassing. Issued her no contact forms and next time it happens, she gets arrested.

I think that scared her though (about 1.5 years ago maybe?) and she hasn’t been around since.

But I’m still always on guard. Our friend is military and he loves the saying, “if two is one then one is none...” so we are a little over the top about everything, but I absolutely refuse to be victimized.

Yours with this stranger... that is terrifying.

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
My sister and I are super close and it is such a treasured relationship. I'm just always saddened when I hear about sisters that don't have that bond.

Yes this stranger is about the most nightmarish situation I've ever found myself in. And to not know the person AT ALL...is he a felon? Is he mentally ill? Is he violent?Armed? And the big question: WHY ME???

How's the night vision on that Ring? Do you think you could see a plate? My dash cam isn't great I'm finding.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AnnaNMoss I have no helpful advice to add to your thread but want you to know I am sending bucketloads of good luck vibes your way and hoping for a safe successful resolution for you soon. A horribly scary situation and you are doing everything right. I often have gut feelings about certain issues and my gut tells me you are going to come out of this A OK.

Sending you gentle comforting hugs.

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Thanks @missy. You truly are THE PS mom!

Funny side note: one of our dogs, who really is bonded to our son and usually sleeps with him---- has been clinging to me. Follows me around the house, sits near me, and has been sleeping with me the last few nights. Dogs have such intuition, it's like he knows I need protection and comfort.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister and I are super close and it is such a treasured relationship. I'm just always saddened when I hear about sisters that don't have that bond.

Yes this stranger is about the most nightmarish situation I've ever found myself in. And to not know the person AT ALL...is he a felon? Is he mentally ill? Is he violent?Armed? And the big question: WHY ME???

How's the night vision on that Ring? Do you think you could see a plate? My dash cam isn't great I'm finding.

Continued good vibes!
I can only imagine how stressful this is! We (Dh and I) were followed once by a stranger who then parked in front of the house overnight , watching the house. We were very unsettled and I still remember the incident. It was years ago and we were on a family visit,so neither the car nor the house were ours. ..((hugs))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, we have the motion sensor lights to go off.

E270B26F-1E09-4A69-9B18-7DBA5AD63574.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, if nothing else, you could take it as a compliment that someone other than your husband finds you attractive and interesting enough to stalk? lol

re: the dashcams, I think they all struggle at night due to limited 'dynamic range' (ability to deal with bright lights and dark areas) and moving things are harder to record as anything but a blur with limited light available.

If it's recording sound, you could talk loudly and read out the number plate when/if you see it, to make sure it is captured one way or the other :)

The other option would be cameras with a more sensitive sensor, higher resolution and a higher frame rate (e.g. a 4K camera at 60 frames per second) to enable more detail to be captured with less blur, but I'm not sure if they're available in dash cams or how much they cost if they are on the market!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to say that the floodlight cam definitely has a mic where you can listen and talk, and the doorbell does too. I don’t think the doorbell has the siren.

Oh and that house across the street is brand new and for sale and was originally listed for 1.2 million.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love our Ring doorbell cam. We went with the video storage option. Also, everyone in the family, 4 of us, have the app on our phone so we can see what's happening out front at any time and see if packages got delivered, etc. When a courier claimed to have delivered a parcel, my daughter was able to dispute it with the fact that nothing came up.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry you are having to deal with this. It would be extremely upsetting. Prayers for a quick resolution to it. Please keep us updated.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just checked back in here hoping you’d at least managed to get his plates. This is terrifying. I haven’t got any advice to add over what’s already been suggested but wanted to add my weight to the virtual community supporting you. I really hope this man is caught and stopped very soon so you can get back to living your life in peace.

Last edited:

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I really started this thread so that maybe it would remind you all to be cautious and observant, no matter how hectic or even routine your life is. And if something is odd, report it. Why we didn't involve the police after the first few visits from this man, I can't answer. We made every innocent excuse for his behavior, then thought we'd be smart and just beef up home security. I guess we never suspected it was leading to this.
But I will say it's made me think. I have now thought out different scenarios and how I will respond. I know where the nearest fire station and police stations are. My family has developed an emergency plan, what we would do if anyone had entered the house. I'm feeling more secure with every new camera, police advise, new plan of action.

Believe me, when your adrenaline kicks in and you are caught off guard , and have never thought out what you'd do...in the heat of the moment you do stupid stuff. He was right behind me at our stop sign. I could have quickly , with foot on brake, put car in reverse...my back up camera would have shown his plate! I could have set off my car alarm. But I feel so much more prepared.

And you all are beyond helpful and it is nice being able to talk about this. I really appreciate you all!

@lissyflo >Your avatar ring is awesome, my PS side just had to say.

Last edited:

AnnaNMoss

Rough_Rock
And yes, my dash cam records.(..I keep thinking about that as I'm driving, never realized how much I talk to myself.. thoughts out loud...random singing. ) I have already planned when I see the plate, I'm saying it out loud for sure.

Simple advise from mom too: she always keeps a pen and paper handy in her car.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I would be weary what you post online about the situation. You don’t know where this person found you so let’s presume it was here on PS for a second. You created a new name but if they are on PS they will see this thread and recognize the situation. You’ve now told them about the security measures you’ve put in place and they came formulate a plan to avoid those things.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refuse to live my life in utter fear. My eyes are wide open and awareness is magnified. I have many many more thoughts and plans not divulged here. I AM prepared, not scared.

I love this statement. Thank you for sharing as I know it has made me stop and think about security and awareness again. It is easy to get used to boring and not keep as aware because we don't expect anything outside of our normal boring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results