shape
carat
color
clarity

SS Red-Pink Spinels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hello Color stone fans. As promised here is my spinel thread... first up is the vendor pic of my avatar stone.

3.88cts this time
12.gif

sspink387vendor.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
incandescent light medium brightness

spinel388-1.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
more of the same

spinel388-2.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
low light glow, gotta love the sultry red side
11.gif

spinel388-3.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
time to plug the stone in
30.gif

spinel388-5.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
and the last for this one before it was set
12.gif

spinel388-6.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
the last two are under white LED light sources, which seem to jazz up these stones.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Harriet. How do you think it compares in color to your sugarloaf stone, more red or pink?

stacy

Shiny_Rock
OH. MY. GOODNESS! That''s amazing. How are you setting it? Please post tons and tons of pics!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I''ve never seen a stone quite like that. That spinel seems very unique and lovely too. Congrats!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really cool stone. It seems to go from orange red to pinkish red in various lighting. I bet it's drop dead gorgeous in it's setting (which I would like to see as well!
12.gif
)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely colour, it has an aliensque glow.
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 9:44:33 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Thanks Harriet. How do you think it compares in color to your sugarloaf stone, more red or pink?
Hi
35.gif
I'm not sure we've 'met.' I'm surprised that you know about my sugarloaf. My sugarloaf is more pink. I wish I had the LED lights to play with. My gem has no orange though.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
That is some kind of beautiful spinel SS. Thank you for sharing the pictures as I have been a fan of these for quite awhile now. With that amazing glow and no extinction. Whats not to kile! I have a sense that these stones may go the way of Kashmire sapphires one day.

If you care to take a look at mine here is a link.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-opinions-of-this-spinel.34008/

Welcome to the colored stone forum.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
stone in its setting, I was quite pleased how it turned out.

pinkspinel3stone3.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone, back off CMW''s collection!
9.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet you knew I would have to chime in on this thread!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Oh Harriet... you and Tourmaline Lover are some of the most prolific posters here and "elsewhere" ;-) Your colored jewel adventures are always entertaining for me to read and now see pics of! As for your sugar loaf, I kind of wanted one just like it heheh. How do you plan on setting it?

Date: 5/29/2009 10:35:00 PM
Author: Harriet
Hi
35.gif
I''m not sure we''ve ''met.'' I''m surprised that you know about my sugarloaf. My sugarloaf is more pink. I wish I had the LED lights to play with. My gem has no orange though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful ring, and you even got ColorMyWorld to come out of the woodwork to comment on it!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 10:42:18 PM
Oh Harriet... you and Tourmaline Lover are some of the most prolific posters here and 'elsewhere' ;-) Your colored jewel adventures are always entertaining for me to read and now see pics of! As for your sugar loaf, I kind of wanted one just like it heheh. How do you plan on setting it?

Date: 5/29/2009 10:35:00 PM
Author: Harriet
Hi
35.gif
I'm not sure we've 'met.' I'm surprised that you know about my sugarloaf. My sugarloaf is more pink. I wish I had the LED lights to play with. My gem has no orange though.
I had a feeling you were from "the other place" . I'm trying to guess who!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Oh CMW thanks for the compliment especially from a fellow Spinel addict. I have long admired your vast and unbelievably beautiful collection. I too feel that these stones will go the way of Kashmiri Sapphires since they seem to come from only one locality and for all my looking they have dried up from the market! Glad I got a few others before that happened
31.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:45:11 PM
Oh CMW thanks for the compliment especially from a fellow Spinel addict. I have long admired your vast and unbelievably beautiful collection. I too feel that these stones will go the way of Kashmiri Sapphires since they seem to come from only one locality and for all my looking they have dried up from the market! Glad I got a few others before that happened
31.gif
I could not agree more about getting these things before they dried up.

Thank you for the compliment about the collection.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
a bit more eye candy since I happen to have the collages already...

pinkspinel3stone2.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
this is my favorite of the collages since it has that HOT pink glow going on

pinkspinel3stone1.jpg

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
SS I am curious. Does your sleepy spinel get a slight blueish moonstone effect in direct sunlight?
Also I seem to recall Multi-colour having a stone similar to yours. Believe you me I watched that stone for awhile until it sold. Might yours be that stone?

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Guilty as charged
11.gif
I did get this and 3 others from Multicolour. David W is great to work with. I got them right about the time the "big strike" occurred, two summers ago. Have you others in addition to your 7+ct beauty?

I am not sure I have encountered the "adularescence" effect in these stones... do you have a picture of that effect with your stone?

Date: 5/29/2009 10:57:06 PM
Author: colormyworld
SS I am curious. Does your sleepy spinel get a slight blueish moonstone effect in direct sunlight?
Also I seem to recall Multi-colour having a stone similar to yours. Believe you me I watched that stone for awhile until it sold. Might yours be that stone?

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL, I designed it with my jeweler and I sourced all the stones even the modified cushion cut sides... I think that if you look closely you can see that one of those babies has strong blue fluorescence, one of my most favored effects. Under long wave the spinel literally glows pink, though not as strongly as my Burmese hot pink stone.

Date: 5/29/2009 10:43:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, what a beautiful ring, and you even got ColorMyWorld to come out of the woodwork to comment on it!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a cool stone! I love how it glows.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results