shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions of this spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Ok guys I will take what ever you throw out. This is almost 7cts. I would like to know what you think of the color.

IMG_0502_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
The cut.

IMG_1620_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
The clarity.

IMG_1621_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
And anything else you want to throw in here.

IMG_1622_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
One more for good measure.

IMG_1633_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I forget the back side.

IMG_1559_1_1.JPG

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not too fond of the color. I looove red, but this looks almost pinkish red, like raspberry? That''s just my opinion though, I''m a true, red kind of gal. I like emerald greens, pale pinks, vivid sapphire blues, vibrant purples...this color though, doesn''t strike me as something I''d gasp over. It could be gorgeous in person but on my computer it''s not one I''d personally want but if you love it, then that''s all that matters.

Always go by your own choice, not someone elses. Heck, some us might even be a tad bit color blind and not know it :)

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
It''s nice... but it does not bowl me over... Maybe it is the clarity or the way the light seems to be ..''absorbed'' But I think the color is preference just as has been said.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What next!??
9.gif

I am intrigued by the pictures - aparently this one looks 'silky' top down but not bottom up? To clarify: silk is a good thing for me, always thinking of what such a thing would look like next to a crystal one in the shade
38.gif

There is where to choose pink spinel from, but...no reason to look further. Unless there is better from your point of view.

Is this already in your avatar picture (top right) ?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies. The spinel is slightly sleepy which seems to really make it glow. The picture does not show the orangy pink color that it has. All in all I am very happy with it. Yes this stone is in my avatar. Thanks again. regards Doug

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I do love the ring you posted with your other spinel. THAT one is breathtaking (I like to peek at it now and then ;-)

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you I am really taken with that one myself. I never thought a natural stone could be gaudy but I guess this spinel is. I will have to think long and hard on a way to set this spinel in such a way to tone it down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results