shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel, diamonds, blue pearl, upgrades, remakes....three lovely projects now finished!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Project 1 of 3.

Well, I ummed and ahhed for literally years about upgrading the center stone in my three stone. In the end, I decided another $12k for .15mm was just nutty. So...I replaced the sides with something a little larger. I stayed with super ideal cuts, F color, VS2, and went from sides that were 2 x .61 F VS1, so 1 x .95 F VS2 and 1 x .96 F VS2. My center stone is an F VS2, so we've got some nice flow going on! :))

It's not precisely a 'wall of bling', but it certainly looks more substantial on the finger, as the sides have gone from 5.45mm to 6.35mm, and the change in proportions is definitely noticeable.

Altho I love tiny sides, I actually prefer what I now have. The center stone is still clearly THE center stone, and the ring hugs the finger even better than it did before. It's a little more traditional than previously in its proportions, and I love that. It's just the most stunning ring!

20200831_131344.jpg

20200831_131348.jpg

20200831_132436.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Project 2 of 3.

Next up is my beautiful purple/grey spinel, set in platinum, with a diamond halo and shank. I've had this spinel for about a year (I think) and it's substantial. With its diamond halo, it has great presence on the hand without being huge. Spinel from Finewater Gems, diamonds are ideal cut, colorless, and eye clean. Setting - as will be no surprise to anyone who knows my collection at all - by David Klass Jewelry. And I have to say - the workmanship is stunning.

This is a really hard ring to photograph and the sun isn't out today, so I can't capture either the pure purple flashes emanating from the spinel, nor the intense sparkle from the setting. But doing my best....

20200831_131741.jpg

20200831_141224.jpg

20200831_132236.jpg

20200831_132154.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Project 3 of 3.

And lastly, my blue pearl with tiny ruby station and antique diamond heart, all in white gold. This necklace, like all colors in photographed jewelry, will not be done justice here. But suffice to say, in real life, it's the BOMB.

20200831_132111.jpg

20200831_132101.jpg

And finally - hanging out with a couple of friends....

20200831_132424.jpg

20200831_132336.jpg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love them all! Gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need neck shot for the blue SSP, pretty please.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! :love:
Exquisite taste and impeccable pieces for an extraordinary woman.
Wear in good health and blingy joy. XO.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, I love these! Perfection. That three-stone is WOW! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Do you plan to wear the spinel as a right-hand ring or swap it out with your three stone depending on the day? I second the call for a pendant neck shot.

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b, I did not think your 3 stone could be any more perfect, but I stand corrected. The new proportions are amazing!! Congratulations on completing 3 TDF pieces!! :kiss2: :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. Well, as requested, here are some shots of me wearing the pendant, plus one of both pendant and the spinel ring in the same shot. If you didn't mean me to include my head so you could get perspective, I apologize; it kind of comes with the territory.

20200831_150426.jpg

20200831_150455.jpg

20200831_150344.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow stunning pieces, @mrs-b !! You did it again!

I am soooo in love with that heart shape on the pendant :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Stunning pieces. That 3 stone is TDF. How big was the centre stone?

You look fantastic with all the new pieces especially that pendant

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b, such stunning elegant pieces, love the spinal ring with halo it’s gorgeous =)2 as are all the others.....you look beautiful wearing them!!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
The attached head makes the necklace all the more beautiful! What a pearl and what a great design. Your 3 new pieces are so lovely. Wear them in terrific health, @mrs-b

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!! All three!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
They are all gorgeous. I love the pearl necklace. It looks wonderful on you. Wear them in good health.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful new/upgraded bling! I love how the necklace looks on you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @dk168! :wavey: And the neck shot is above.

Thanks so much, @caf. :))

@missy - you're such a sweetheart! Thank you for always keeping my spirits up! (Breast biopsy tomorrow, so the timing of this jewelry was very good!)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b the blue SSP is massive, thank you for the neck shots!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2::kiss2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you’ve made my day with this eye candy! Thank you!!!!! I needed a pick me up. This was just the thing!

These pieces are exceptional and a wonderful addition to your collection. I especially enjoy the spinel because it surprises me- never did I know how taken I could be with a purple halo’d spinel but omg it is GLORIOUS. Love it!!

Is your three stone yellow gold 18k?

Your attention to detail and commitment to quality is definitely in evidence here. Love it all. Way to set the bar high for us fellow PSers!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @dk168! :wavey: And the neck shot is above.

Thanks so much, @caf. :))

@missy - you're such a sweetheart! Thank you for always keeping my spirits up! (Breast biopsy tomorrow, so the timing of this jewelry was very good!)

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!! Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust @mrs-b ❤️
and ((((hugs)))).

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE all the amendments and refinements you make to your jewellery suites. They're elegant and very beautiful. Great perspective shots including your happy face. Wear these in health and happiness.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All the pieces look beautiful on you!! Your three stone has always been and still is one of the most impressive here on PS. The last grey spinel ring you sold is what had had ME looking at grey spinels all year- this one is just as beautiful, and that pearl is so perfectly huge! I’m loving the antique heart as part of the pendant too!

Good luck with your procedure today!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh mymymy!!! As always such beautiful pieces! (but that Spinel!!!!!)

cheers--Sharon

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Wow all 3 are amazing!!

Especially that 3 stone!! What are you talking about.. it absolutely IS a wall of bling. My jaw just about the floor!! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @DorotheaBrooke - I'm so glad you like it - I think it's fabulous! (Is it ok to say this about one's own ring??) I'll wear it on my wedding finger, as it's the only finger I generally wear rings on. I have a lovely engraved platinum band I can wear with it, and their circumferences line up perfectly. They'll make a beautiful set together. The spinel ring is the only halo ring I have, and it has .76ctw of diamonds in it. I'll take some more photos when the light is better and hopefully catch just how purple it is in real life.

Bless you, @virgo9! I agree - I think these proportions are just perfect. Previously, it was more like 'a solitaire with sides'. This one is more like a traditional 3 stone - which I love! :))

Thank you, @kipari! That heart was made in 1905 and is set with gorgeous diamonds! I used to wear it on a chain thread through the top loop but have always had dreams of doing something more substantial with it. The blue pearl - when I bought it earlier this year/end of last year - sealed the deal and gave me the direction I needed. I think it's a beautifully unusual necklace and a real statement piece. And thank you for your lovely comments! :wavey:

L

lydial

Bee-uuuuu-tiful ! How do you know the provenance of the <3 (heart)?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @maryjane04. :)) It's 3.05ct. All up, when the stones are weighed together, it's 4.98ctw. or, if you include the tiny surprise diamond in the back, it's 5.01ctw. So, by my book, it's a good sized ring.

Awww - thank you, @EllenS1! I absolutely love my new pieces! I have a pair of studs, a pair of opal and diamond drop earrings, and 2 charm bracelets coming, too. After that, I have one last diamond to set and then I'm calling it a day.

What a lovely comment, @springerspaniel! And thank you for the kind wishes; jewelry is one thing, but good health is everything.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MakingTheGrade! :wavey:

Thank you, @rcjtraveler - I love the pearl necklace also. It's just a bit different, and I like that in jewelry. Not too out there, just a little different and creative. I'll have these pieces for the rest of my life, so I'd better find them interesting as well as beautiful!

Thank you, @Polabowla - I really like the changes I made. :))

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces! Congratulations! You wear them well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results