shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems that is gorgeous!!!! Is that the one?

I know the prices for those and yes I think you'll have to go thin!

It's absolutely beautiful!!! And the green just pops!!!!!!! GET IT!!! And take care of it well!!!!

I'm looking at that and I'm thinking the things you could compensate on are: colour, the glassy-ness, thickness, size.

I'm guessing you wouldn't want to compensate on the glassy-ness based on your long pursuit of this. I personally wouldn't compensate on color. That leaves size and thickness.

Unless you are ok to go down a few notches in color but you know me, I'd hold onto color!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl here's the indoor photos. What are the price range you're seeing for these types?
Bottom photo is another I'm considering, it's 9mm, costs 25% more.
Photo_1634527623318.jpg

Attachments

• Photo_1634527956960.jpg
    Photo_1634527956960.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Photo_1634526862205.jpg
    Photo_1634526862205.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems I'm going to give you roughly similarish stuff that has prices listed. These are not as nice as yours

9mm 85000rmb
mmexport1634530143336.jpg

51 by 9mm 75000rmb
mmexport1634530257060.jpg

55mm by 8.8mm 89000rmb

mmexport1634530502606.jpg

51mm by 11.2mm no price so assume more than above

mmexport1634530635912.jpg

Can't quite find one like yours today but you get the idea right?

I'll post if I see one. I used to see heaps but I would scroll past cuz it wasn't my thing or in my budget!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl thanks for photos I think I've seen similar background ones especially the wood table.
Does the indoor photos look ok to you? Bangle doesn't look grandma-tish right?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl thanks for photos I think I've seen similar background ones especially the wood table.
Does the indoor photos look ok to you? Bangle doesn't look grandma-tish right?

Omg no I think it's absolutely beautiful!!!!! Not grandma at all!!!! The colouring makes it look pretty youthful imo!!!!

Is the thicker one the one with less color? I love your glassy one with the green chunks of colour!!!! The one with the brown cupboard background!!!! Beautiful!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl yeap the near colourless is 9mm .
The cupboard indoor photo is the same bangle as the green one in the outdoor photos. Ok it's reassuring. The only negative about it is its thickness but I can live with that.

Module

Shiny_Rock
@Module no idea have you contacted the seller since your message?

I haven't. As a noob in the jadeite world, I'm moving very slowly as there are a lot of things to figure out, like what is the smallest bangle size I can try on, how to decode the vendors' photos etc., so I haven't made any serious inquiries.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I haven't. As a noob in the jadeite world, I'm moving very slowly as there are a lot of things to figure out, like what is the smallest bangle size I can try on, how to decode the vendors' photos etc., so I haven't made any serious inquiries.

@Module That's a good idea to take your time looking and researching. I haven't made a successful new purchase yet so still not at the end of my search.

If you can fit into smaller bangles they are often prettier and less expensive as they use less materials, but maybe not as good value as before as more young women become interested in wearing jade.

I went from buying a 55.5mm a few years ago to trying on and fitting a 52.5mm. Have fun looking!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems they are all as big as house these days. Seriously throw a stone and you'll hit a 55-56.

I predict the days of bargain tiny bangles are over!!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Maybe younger people are buying these days? That's ok I can still fit 55 to 56 without the bangle falling off my arm. :mrgreen2:

I have a huge 56 princess on my right arm right now. Thing is built like a tank. But the right arm needs a big bangle as it's very inflexible.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I have a huge 56 princess on my right arm right now. Thing is built like a tank. But the right arm needs a big bangle as it's very inflexible.

56 princess is not really big at all but we're now used to squishing on small bangles. When we're 70 + we'll probably need the bigger sizes. Probably should start collecting bigger ones now lol.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hehe I wish!!! Alas no more money!!!

I must regroup!!!!

I think if I ever get another one, it must be like yours or some kind of full green!
Early next year? I want to go shopping with your money!
Hope mine turns out well.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Early next year? I want to go shopping with your money!
Hope mine turns out well.

Yes! That's the best kind of shopping!

If my son does well in his exams I will celebrate!!!! With another bangle!!!!

Seriously considered beads. Like bright green beads because they are cheaper than bangles. But then I was kinda meh about beads. I dunno....I don't think it's my thing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Yes! That's the best kind of shopping!

If my son does well in his exams I will celebrate!!!! With another bangle!!!!

Seriously considered beads. Like bright green beads because they are cheaper than bangles. But then I was kinda meh about beads. I dunno....I don't think it's my thing!

Let him know your next bangle depends on his good results . How about partial green? They usually have finer texture than full green. Not sure if beads are cheap these days.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Here, mourn this one with me. Look at the price. Bargain!!!!! It's the size of a toy though.....

Screenshot_20211020-234058.png
She has quite a few of your favourite greens yesterday. This is similar colouring to your existing ones, so don't feel too sad!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems when is it arriving? I'm so ridiculously excited to have something new to look at!!!!

Wearing a tight 52 now and a 53 before that. I must say there is a charm to the 56 as big as it is. It feels.... Free

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems when is it arriving? I'm so ridiculously excited to have something new to look at!!!!

Wearing a tight 52 now and a 53 before that. I must say there is a charm to the 56 as big as it is. It feels.... Free

Making payment is a pain, I was going through the thread before and you've used transferwise?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Making payment is a pain, I was going through the thread before and you've used transferwise?

Yes!!! At least 20+ times. It's very reliable!

But setting up a new vendor always freaks me out, especially with all the details in Chinese that I have to use Google translate for!

And then the whole "Bye bye money to someone's random personal account"

It really is very stressful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!! At least 20+ times. It's very reliable!

But setting up a new vendor always freaks me out, especially with all the details in Chinese that I have to use Google translate for!

And then the whole "Bye bye money to someone's random personal account"

It really is very stressful!

@mellowyellowgirl do you have a Loupetroop email?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Here, mourn this one with me. Look at the price. Bargain!!!!! It's the size of a toy though.....

Screenshot_20211020-234058.png

Mellow, how much is this in USD? It is so pretty.
BTW has anyone watch the show the Legend of Xiao Chuo?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ideas for c dramas to watch

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Ideas for c dramas to watch

Thank you Icy. Will definitely watch these. Just got through watching Tears in Heaven and liked the main actor in it so I watch the Legend of Xiao Chuo which he was in too. He was excellent in both. Such a great smile he has. Really enjoy his dramas. Which on your list do you recommend?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results