shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Come and have a look at the potential jade cabochon purchase I'm working on, see if you think it might be considered "Imperial Jade"!!!

joycece

Rough_Rock
It's been couple months since I decided to get a lavender (I want light purple and not milky base) that's within my small budget...

Made an impulse purchase but not sure if it's worth it :???:....not the full circle lavender and not as perfect as I was looking for but hopefully it won't be too disappointing when it arrives

received_630277274553215.jpeg
Screenshot_20210812-151505_Facebook.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg so excited for you!!!!! When is it getting here?

Jade is a tricky one..... I'm finding that I need to learn to live with trade offs but to that I need to also truly LOVE the item!!!!!

joycece

Rough_Rock
Omg so excited for you!!!!! When is it getting here?

Jade is a tricky one..... I'm finding that I need to learn to live with trade offs but to that I need to also truly LOVE the item!!!!!

Just sent the payment and they are going to adjust the size of a ring that I purchased to match the bangle...so ppb few more weeks!

Yes...has to live with trade offs when prices are going up just like buying real estate haha

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sent the payment and they are going to adjusting the size of a ring that I purchased to match the bangle...so ppb few more weeks!

Yes...has to live with trade offs when prices are going up just like buying real estate haha

Haha you should have heard my husband whine about the spots on my new bangle.

I was like: Do you want to pay 3 times the price to get rid of the spots and even then it might be a more insipid colour?????

That kept him quiet!

I do find the spots actually match the spots he has on his face which I find endearing.

PXL_20210820_065955334.PORTRAIT.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Come and have a look at the potential jade cabochon purchase I'm working on, see if you think it might be considered "Imperial Jade"!!!

This cab is beautiful. I too would like to know what imperial jade looks like. Did you purchase your other piece that you thought was imperial jade from a company in Melbourne? Was the company called Myanmar A Grade Awethenic Jadeite? They have so many unbelieveably beautiful pieces and I wondered if the were really authentic. I am very curious about this company. If you did buy from them I would love to know what you think.

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
This cab is beautiful. I too would like to know what imperial jade looks like. Did you purchase your other piece that you thought was imperial jade from a company in Melbourne? Was the company called Myanmar A Grade Awethenic Jadeite? They have so many unbelieveably beautiful pieces and I wondered if the were really authentic. I am very curious about this company. If you did buy from them I would love to know what you think.

Thank you. Actually I never heard about this Awethentic Jadeite place in Melbourne until you mentioned this, I just sent them a message to see if they may have something, as their inventory seem substantial. I bought my cabochon from a vendor called Mays in Melbourne (Mays.com.au), they have lots of bangles, rubies and opals but not so much for good jade cabochons (well I took out the most expensive one). It’s not imperial but still lovely deep green. Probably will make a ring or pendant out of it unless someone buys it for the price I paid… 1F50DE74-DA8F-4E6B-893F-DB54C2E60CBB.jpeg 04E96D51-674D-4823-AD4A-45CBF122EE4B.jpeg E4755993-09AF-4709-8363-142C1DB957CC.jpeg A51578A6-FBB1-4152-98E0-6C1BBFAD0D03.jpeg C6B6AEDF-058D-498F-A3BB-71BD8BD7BFDA.jpeg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Actually I never heard about this Awethentic Jadeite place in Melbourne until you mentioned this, I just sent them a message to see if they may have something, as their inventory seem substantial. I bought my cabochon from a vendor called Mays in Melbourne (Mays.com.au), they have lots of bangles, rubies and opals but not so much for good jade cabochons (well I took out the most expensive one). It’s not imperial but still lovely deep green. Probably will make a ring or pendant out of it unless someone buys it for the price I paid… 1F50DE74-DA8F-4E6B-893F-DB54C2E60CBB.jpeg 04E96D51-674D-4823-AD4A-45CBF122EE4B.jpeg E4755993-09AF-4709-8363-142C1DB957CC.jpeg A51578A6-FBB1-4152-98E0-6C1BBFAD0D03.jpeg C6B6AEDF-058D-498F-A3BB-71BD8BD7BFDA.jpeg

It is lovely. How much did you pay for it? How does it compare with the new one you are buying? Can you please tell me what you think of the pieces that they Myanmar A Grade Awethentic Jadeite sells if you ever do business with them cos I think their stuff almost looks to beautiful to be true.

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
It is lovely. How much did you pay for it? How does it compare with the new one you are buying? Can you please tell me what you think of the pieces that they Myanmar A Grade Awethentic Jadeite sells if you ever do business with them cos I think their stuff almost looks to beautiful to be true.

I paid AUD3000, and it has decent translucency but too deep and grainy to qualify as imperial. Still pretty in sunlight, but not so attached to it and wouldn’t mind selling without profit. The one I’m chasing will be just under $6000 USD, definitely better if the video means anything. I had a chat to Awethentic jadeite people, they do not think the $6000 stone is not imperial jade (heard that several times now), apparently their “Imperial Jade” starts from around $40K AUD/$29K USD. They sent a video of the $40K stone, frankly I don’t know if it’s any prettier or better than $6K (alright, more like $8-9K AUD) I’m chasing. Will be interesting to see what AIGS says about $6K stone, I already told vendor I’m not buying if it doesn’t come as “Imperial Jade” with excellent colour per AIGS parameters, whatever they may be.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I paid AUD3000, and it has decent translucency but too deep and grainy to qualify as imperial. Still pretty in sunlight, but not so attached to it and wouldn’t mind selling without profit. The one I’m chasing will be just under $6000 USD, definitely better if the video means anything. I had a chat to Awethentic jadeite people, they do not think the $6000 stone is not imperial jade (heard that several times now), apparently their “Imperial Jade” starts from around $40K AUD/$29K USD. They sent a video of the $40K stone, frankly I don’t know if it’s any prettier or better than $6K (alright, more like $8-9K AUD) I’m chasing. Will be interesting to see what AIGS says about $6K stone, I already told vendor I’m not buying if it doesn’t come as “Imperial Jade” with excellent colour per AIGS parameters, whatever they may be.

OMG $29K USD that is insane. How big is their stone anyway? I definitely wouldn't pay that much for any cab. 6K sounds more reasonable. Amazing to me that pieces go for that much. I have a cab that was given to me by a very close relative that got it a lifetime ago. It was gifted to me. I love this piece very much. It has much sentimental value. It used to be in a ring but the person that gave it to me said I should reset it so I commissioned a very well known chinese jeweler and asked him to design a setting that would compliment the stone. He set it with a double dragon theme. Can you post the video of the $29K cab if possible. I would love to see it.

fullsizeoutput_30cb.jpeg

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
OMG $29K USD that is insane. How big is their stone anyway? I definitely wouldn't pay that much for any cab. 6K sounds more reasonable. Amazing to me that pieces go for that much. I have a cab that was given to me by a very close relative that got it a lifetime ago. It was gifted to me. I love this piece very much. It has much sentimental value. It used to be in a ring but the person that gave it to me said I should reset it so I commissioned a very well known chinese jeweler and asked him to design a setting that would compliment the stone. He set it with a double dragon theme. Can you post the video of the $29K cab if possible. I would love to see it.

fullsizeoutput_30cb.jpeg
I think my current cabochon has tone similar to yours, lovely setting. 18K or 22K?
I am happy to PM you if you want, does the forum have PM function? I guess around 10, maybe 12mm max from grid on background of the video.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I think my current cabochon has tone similar to yours, lovely setting. 18K or 22K?
I am happy to PM you if you want, does the forum have PM function? I guess around 10, maybe 12mm max from grid on background of the video.

I think 24 carat or close to. I had this done so long ago. I don't think that there is a PM function but you can post the video on this site if possible. I would love to see it.

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock

I put up my impression of the communications I had with the Awethentic jadeite of Melbourne in the thread I created few days ago if you’re interested.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Switching topic to c-dramas…

I recently finished Joy of Life (and read the translated novel) and now hooked on You are My Glory. What’s everyone watching recently?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, I watched the Taiwanese movie Man in Love. Funny and brilliant and in the Hokkien dialect I miss hearing.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Switching topic to c-dramas…

I recently finished Joy of Life (and read the translated novel) and now hooked on You are My Glory. What’s everyone watching recently?

Story of Yanxi Palace. Was watching it before and stopped. Went back to it and IT IS SO GOOD! I should not have stopped watching it in the first place.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Ancient love poetry, great CGI and the storyline is quite good, might be a bit slow for the first few episodes but worth persevering.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo any purchases?????

I'm in lockdown! Entertain me with your Jade adventures guys!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Btw, one reason I love Yanxi is because the show had wonderful costumes and props. This blog has some good articles if you are interested:

Thank you so much Icy. I loved this drama! The best I have watched in a long time. I was addicted to it till the end. Sad it doesn’t have a another season.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results