shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

voce

Ideal_Rock
What should I be paying for a nice green nephrite bangle? Is there a considerable difference between nephrite and jadeite in pricing? Currently enamored with a nephrite bangle that looks like this shade of green, but I have so many fine CS to set, I need to find the money to set them!
Screenshot_20210520-124916.png

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
What should I be paying for a nice green nephrite bangle? Is there a considerable difference between nephrite and jadeite in pricing? Currently enamored with a nephrite bangle that looks like this shade of green, but I have so many fine CS to set, I need to find the money to set them!

This is my personal experience with nephrites, there's quite a considerable price difference with nephrite and jadeite, unless it's hetian nephrite and creamy/pure white nephrite. For a nephrite bangle like that being clean w/ no iron minerals (the black dots you see in green nephrites), and free of stonelines/cracks with a bit of chatoyant-like effect, I can see it costing 200 USD to as high as 2k USD based on the size of bangle as well.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

I bought this Siberian nephrite bangle quite a while ago from Jade Divers, Allan Spehar and really love it. It was a while back so I can't remember how much I paid. It could have been around 1K but not really sure. I really love it though. He is the most amazing person to work with. Such a nice guy.

P1010629_2.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
So has anyone on this thread watched the Chinese drama called Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace? Do you guys think they used real jade in the show? I am thinking that if it is real jade it looks more like nephrite and not so much jadeite. So so beautiful all the jade pieces.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @Silvermom I love that series.

I've been slowly doing a rewatch while wearing my jade.

I'm guessing fake Jade. No one can verify it anyway I imagine taking care of real pieces in those colours would be a nightmare.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I know. I am really enjoying watching it. It took me up to episode 10 to really like it because it was kinda slow BUT now I can't stop watching. Better to be born poor and be a commoner in those days. The women are so evil. I tried looking up on the internet if the jades were real but can't find anything about it. Shucks....

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

I'm guessing fake Jade. No one can verify it anyway I imagine taking care of real pieces in those colours would be a nightmare.

Mellow, did the Empress really have a child. Every place I read says that the Emperor and Empress really hated each other in the later part of the show but I am on chapter 53 and they still seem like they love each other. She just found out she was pregnant. I am thinking that I really can't wait for 30 more chapters to find out why they hate each other. I can't believe that I have to watch over 80 chapters.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellow, did the Empress really have a child. Every place I read says that the Emperor and Empress really hated each other in the later part of the show but I am on chapter 53 and they still seem like they love each other. She just found out she was pregnant. I am thinking that I really can't wait for 30 more chapters to find out why they hate each other. I can't believe that I have to watch over 80 chapters.

Their relationship was very poor in real life according to what I've read. According to historical records he loved Empress Fuca and Consort Ling very much in real life.

He had a really deep resentment for The Step Empress and this is a fictional take on "why" so we'll never know for real. They say the opposite of love is indifference not hate and he really did seem to hate her even outside of the drama so something must have happened centuries ago.

After this I highly recommend Story of Yanxi Palace where the Step Empress (Ruyi) will be the baddie and Consort Ling is the protagonist. Really great series too

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Their relationship was very poor in real life according to what I've read. According to historical records he loved Empress Fuca and Consort Ling very much in real life.

He had a really deep resentment for The Step Empress and this is a fictional take on "why" so we'll never know for real. They say the opposite of love is indifference not hate and he really did seem to hate her even outside of the drama so something must have happened centuries ago.

After this I highly recommend Story of Yanxi Palace where the Step Empress (Ruyi) will be the baddie and Consort Ling is the protagonist. Really great series too

Oh Shucks. I wanted them to really love each other. Dang!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Unfortunately Ruyi is historically inaccurate. That plus the less impressive costumes were some factors that contributed to Ruyi losing out in ratings vs Yanxi Palace despite Wallace Huo and Zhou Xun being much bigger stars than the Yanxi Palace cast.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Btw, one reason I love Yanxi is because the show had wonderful costumes and props. This blog has some good articles if you are interested:

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately Ruyi is historically inaccurate. That plus the less impressive costumes were some factors that contributed to Ruyi losing out in ratings vs Yanxi Palace despite Wallace Huo and Zhou Xun being much bigger stars than the Yanxi Palace cast.

OK, I will watch. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Btw, one reason I love Yanxi is because the show had wonderful costumes and props. This blog has some good articles if you are interested:

Did they have lots of jade too?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

I just now glanced over the article and it looks so interesting. I even have one of the props. Someone gifted me with the kingfisher hair ornament a long time ago. I always wondered what it was used for. Thanks for the link.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much Icy. I finally read it. So interesting.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching jade shopping livestream and the pendants are quite thin ? Like <4mm, even though the piece is like 2 to 4 cm long. Is this normal?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching jade shopping livestream and the pendants are quite thin ? Like <4mm, even though the piece is like 2 to 4 cm long. Is this normal?

Some are thinner, some are thicker.

Yes that's fairly normal. You'll need to pay for gold backing if it's too thin.

Thin and thick will contribute to the price to some extent.

I have always gone for 4mm and above with no gold backing. That said I'm not a pendant girl at all and gave them all away to my sister.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @mellowyellowgirl
I want earrings more than pendants but what you said about thickness and gold backing is useful.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

OMG Mellow, so I am on Chapter 73 of Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace. I HATE THAT SPINELESS, SELFISH EMPEROR. Up till then I couldn't understand why everybody was saying it was going to be a sad story. YUP, they were right. I guess that is how you turn out if you were raised to be a spoiled brat. Sheesh.......
I am still enjoying all the beautiful jade pieces though.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Mellow, so I am on Chapter 73 of Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace. I HATE THAT SPINELESS, SELFISH EMPEROR. Up till then I couldn't understand why everybody was saying it was going to be a sad story. YUP, they were right. I guess that is how you turn out if you were raised to be a spoiled brat. Sheesh.......
I am still enjoying all the beautiful jade pieces though.

Yup! He was also paranoid, hypocritical, conniving, delusional and the list goes on.

You'll like Story of Yanxi Palace. The Emperor was a much better character there. He had his faults but he did evolve.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Yup! He was also paranoid, hypocritical, conniving, delusional and the list goes on.

You'll like Story of Yanxi Palace. The Emperor was a much better character there. He had his faults but he did evolve.

Mellow, does the Story of Yanxi Palace have a lot of jade to look at. I thought Ruyi had beautiful pieces even though they were probably not real. I am going to start watching it tonight.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Mellow, does the Story of Yanxi Palace have a lot of jade to look at. I thought Ruyi had beautiful pieces even though they were probably not real. I am going to start watching it tonight.

No, they used handmade velvet flowers and embroidery, and not so much jade. It's a story with a less tragic ending, and what you might call a happy ending.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
No, they used handmade velvet flowers and embroidery, and not so much jade. It's a story with a less tragic ending, and what you might call a happy ending.

Oh shucks I really enjoy looking at the jade.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results