shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The 3 items. Muna jade ruyi (been after Muna jadeite for sometime as I hear the mine is depleted), known for snow grains and translucency. Small, dainty, icy calabash and a scenery pendant.

Screen grabs.
Screenshot_20181211-225646_Facebook.jpg 20181211_225851.jpg Screenshot_20181211-225411_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20181211-230059_Facebook.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0003.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0001.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0000.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, weekend, I think YY has best pieces. She did tell me that weekends, she has nicer stuff. And she did. She had 4 lavender bangles up for sale on Sunday.

Oh, is there a way to access her associates? She said we can wechat her and she will do. Not sure how this would work with her associates?

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They stream on her fb and she posts their links. Can access via that. A few more pix of the calabash that I got off screengrab.

I'm going for the near colourless stuff as I don't feel comfortable going for stronger colours.

Screenshot_20181212-022051_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20181212-022055_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20181212-022025_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20181212-022048_Facebook.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so glad I did study mandarin at school. I am so bad at it but I can understand, say and buy stuff. :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My earrings from FB lady came. I love them.

Earrings new.jpg

Oh those look so good. Any ear shots? The green is divine!

Your trip re facebook lady: so you reckon it's better to scour her site and suddenly buy a.....bracelet that you see but DON'T say "I'm looking for a bracelet" etc

YY is out of the question for me since I don't speak any form of Chinese.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh those look so good. Any ear shots? The green is divine!

Your trip re facebook lady: so you reckon it's better to scour her site and suddenly buy a.....bracelet that you see but DON'T say "I'm looking for a bracelet" etc

YY is out of the question for me since I don't speak any form of Chinese.

Yes for FB lady. Just keep mum. And you will get fair prices. FB lady does have good stuff. Just she must not know what you are after. And, if the item does not sell, next round, it becomes cheaper. You can see the dragon pendant. Not sure if it is the same. But first round, it was 1200 usd. Next round, 999 usd. Ditto with the buddhas.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes for FB lady. Just keep mum. And you will get fair prices. FB lady does have good stuff. Just she must not know what you are after. And, if the item does not sell, next round, it becomes cheaper. You can see the dragon pendant. Not sure if it is the same. But first round, it was 1200 usd. Next round, 999 usd. Ditto with the buddhas.

I can't get over how green your earrings are. Really lovely green. That would be a gorgeous cab colour.

Did I tell you guys the pup is ok? Just a sprain? I don't remember! But it's given me perspective about jewellery because even the cheapest greenest cab couldn't make me feel better when I thought she had done her leg in.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I did something very adventurous today. I saw that Yinyin had live streaming through her associates at Ruili/Shwe Li (border of Myanmar and China) this evening. I played it and bought 3 pieces of jadeite items from the live stream. The broadcaster will bargain on your behalf and showcase the items from the traders in turn. The bargaining is very interesting and the other viewers also chime in, all very interactive and in Mandarin/Chinese. Of course, you take the risk of getting shoddy or treated jade, but I took a chance on them. They add up to under US$1000 for the 3 items anyway and will go for way way way way more outside. So the broadcaster/whoever adds on 10% to the purchase price. Example, if item is sold for RMB1000, the final price I have to pay is RMB1100.

I just paid by bank transfer to a HK bank a/c. YY's outfit is very professionally run.

Will update when the items arrive and I get home for the hols.

For larger items not by auction, there is no 10% fee.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This could be your time for a cab @ChaiK!!!!!

A bit childish but I love wearing my jade rings around as I window shop their $5000 jade rings of the some quality! Heeee

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
This could be your time for a cab @ChaiK!!!!!

A bit childish but I love wearing my jade rings around as I window shop their $5000 jade rings of the some quality! Heeee

Haha, yes and so you should. In fact, wear the two together and go out there to window shop. One time I went to the Egyptian room in Harrods with four of my hugest biggest rings. And then I had a giant chocolate cake upstairs to boot, wearing my fantastic 4. Oh, and I could not would never buy anything at Harrods. Eye-wateringly mega expensive.

I hope your puppy gets better. I feel like even if I don’t know you at all, I would still want good things to happen for you.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
The 3 items. Muna jade ruyi (been after Muna jadeite for sometime as I hear the mine is depleted), known for snow grains and translucency. Small, dainty, icy calabash and a scenery pendant.

Screen grabs.
Screenshot_20181211-225646_Facebook.jpg 20181211_225851.jpg Screenshot_20181211-225411_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20181211-230059_Facebook.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0003.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0001.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0000.jpg IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpg
The scenic pendant, FB lady had a green white one. She had a pair, going for 2780 usd. I remember numbers and prices. I am like that. So in October, some things were cheaper and posts were deleted, I would remember still......

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic of the earrings. Can you see that the one on the left is lighter green than the one on the right?

Anyway, these were priced at 1408 and I bought them for 1300 USD eventually.

Earrings new.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic of the earrings. Can you see that the one on the left is lighter green than the one on the right?

Anyway, these were priced at 1480 and I bought them for 1300 USD eventually.

Earrings new.jpg

Yes I see it! Well done you did good. She's unyielding with me!

Are you happy with the quality etc?

Thanks for the well wishes. I always say people on the internet are a larger group to let us befriend those who have similar interests.

Haha my real life friends from work and high school simply do not understand shipping! Gems they are not bad at!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I see it! Well done you did good. She's unyielding with me!

Are you happy with the quality etc?

Thanks for the well wishes. I always say people on the internet are a larger group to let us befriend those who have similar interests.

Haha my real life friends from work and high school simply do not understand shipping! Gems they are not bad at!

Very happy with quality. Price is ok. But I think now is not the time to buy because Christmas, unless she has flash sale, like your rings, the two you bought from her. Those are very good.

Also, I want to try and see what YY has.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Mini rant so the bangle lady has what I wanted, she told me she’ll let me know beforehand but put them up on FB straightaway anyway. So I made an inquiry asking for additional pictures and if they were sold, so they are not. Then she proceeded to send me pictures of other not as nice bangles telling me they are not bad. So why can’t she just send me the ones I’m asking for if they’re not sold. Ok hunt is on hold now and I’ll probably delete the other thread not giving them free advertising. :x2

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I did see a bangle from the FB lady that I liked, it’s slightly too small so I didn’t contact her for pricing. Plus I’m put off by her sales tactics. Will definitely need a trustworthy lab report before I buy anything.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I did see a bangle from the FB lady that I liked, it’s slightly too small so I didn’t contact her for pricing. Plus I’m put off by her sales tactics. Will definitely need a trustworthy lab report before I buy anything.

I just know that if you tell FB lady your budget, don’t expect her to look out for pieces within that range for you. Expect to exceed budget once she knows what you are after and what prices you are comfortable with. I was upset last week when she tried that with me. But now, I don’t care at all. I think this is how jadeite can be priced to the millions and how, some items sell at silly ridiculous prices.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I just know that if you tell FB lady your budget, don’t expect her to look out for pieces within that range for you. Expect to exceed budget once she knows what you are after and what prices you are comfortable with. I was upset last week when she tried that with me. But now, I don’t care at all. I think this is how jadeite can be priced to the millions and how, some items sell at silly ridiculous prices.

Ok I don’t like that at all if I see what I like within my budget I’ll ask, no highballing, guessing games for me. With more expensive pieces I’m hesitant to even ask as I need a reputable lab report and I don’t know which labs are reputable in China/Hong Kong.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK she's allegedly got some end of year sale items out now! Some look pretty good actually!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
12/12 sale.

Out of all the foreign languages I bothered to learn, I have to admit, Chinese came in most useful!

Spanish was useful while getting around Italy though lol.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok I don’t like that at all if I see what I like within my budget I’ll ask, no highballing, guessing games for me. With more expensive pieces I’m hesitant to even ask as I need a reputable lab report and I don’t know which labs are reputable in China/Hong Kong.

I know how you feel. Which is why I've been keeping mum on the seller. She has sent me not on Facebook items to view and when I decide on one within the hour I may add, she says sold by factory. And countered with cheaper or inferior stuff. Oh well.

I have easy access to labs in the region so it's not too much a concern for me. But I understand how you feel about needing legit certs.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Try YY's. Prices are still reasonable compared to J and majority are from same source factory I think.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Things without price - as the old joke goes.

I am in awe with all the haggle you suffer through. Daunting... I can see myself selling to live & buying for laughs & not counting!

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I know how you feel. Which is why I've been keeping mum on the seller. She has sent me not on Facebook items to view and when I decide on one within the hour I may add, she says sold by factory. And countered with cheaper or inferior stuff. Oh well.

I have easy access to labs in the region so it's not too much a concern for me. But I understand how you feel about needing legit certs.

@Burmesedaze are we referring to the same seller or someone else using the same technique? I’m most unimpressed. My FB bangle lady, she sent me photos of a bangle with dark floating flowers and unattractive pattern, when I said no she sent me photos of a more attractive looking floating blue flower bangle but less translucent than the one advertised on FB, they think they can treat buyers like idiots.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can buy lower elsewhere but the fine jade carvers are in China...so I get mostly carved stuffs from J with intricate patterns (thus the laces) or higher quality items. I can give a premium on that and also for the English communications. I think my deals weren’t so bad. When I buy, I make a mental computation on gold price/setting cost, stone/carving price, and shipment price. Then I decide if it’s a good deal or if I like the item so much, if I’d accept the premium knowing I will pay more than what I think it’s worth ( like buying a designer piece).

I think the lavender bangles from Y are the ones to look out for.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My bin purchase arrived and also some tsavorite beads.
Under LED light and natural light on a cloudy day.

The jade is of darker color but not bad irl.
7AA7C248-229E-46E3-9BC2-9DE3174BBBFF.jpeg CC3C4598-49DD-40EF-A11F-79CA35DAA3EC.jpeg FA2A0421-735D-41D9-BDBA-D557312BE41B.jpeg 3EA4B288-E4AA-4D8E-B27B-849368FE5C35.jpeg C0E0357D-AF19-4445-97C3-300F5BE870AF.jpeg
9F93A2CB-D549-4970-B05C-19BCA2F06E99.jpeg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put a damper on this thread when we were all sharing thoughts and learning so much!

I'm guessing that as much as 30% of all jewelry sales occur in the weeks before Christmas, and I bet most of those sales are to guys looking for Christmas presents for their loved ones. Those guys will know next to nothing about jewelry and how it is priced. They are ripe ripe for the plucking :mrgreen2: I know this for sure because I used to be one of those guys!!! So with increased demand and naive buyers, it must be very tempting for sellers to temporarily increase their prices. So maybe FB lady is just doing what most other vendors do at this time of year, however those other vendors don't have eagle eyed PS ladies watching their every move!!! :wink2:

Omg the YY

No vendor would over the course of one night, alter the price of an item by twice its price, and then try to pass it off as the correct price. Even if it is Christmas.

She did not just say, oh, your budget of 6000 usd, this one is slightly above the range. She had a ring at 3250 usd. And when she knew of my budget, she doubled the price to make it fit within my budget. That is the difference. People get married, have special occasions to mark, and festivals to celebrate. The vendor does not just double up and then say oh, well, you wanted it, you need it for this occasion, so here is new double price.

I am now not upset. Because I am not buying huge item from her. It became too intense and I did not like being manipulated like this. It does not reflect well on her and makes me look petty too. She does have nice stuff. And her service is very good. She is prompt. And her videos are very good and clear. Colour is accurate. So, I just don't say what I want to her and I think about pricing when I buy from her.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful @Seaglow

Is it the same shade in real life? I ask because my camera make my green jade darker than it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results