shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK, I know it's not funny, but she is teasing you with the buddas. They pop up every day with the wildest pricing. All over the charts. I asked about some dangle earrings, said they were too small, and now there's lots of them, bigger and more expensive. She's a crafty one.

Yes. She is not nice. And the cab ring. On Saturday, there was one. She just did not reply to me. Normally she is very quick. She waited and waited and just refused to reply to me. Then hours later, she responded to say it was sold. And today, price of the ring more than doubled. You can see, the ring at 7K. It is not watery. It is not huge. It is mediocre. And she doubled it and some. Then she said ok, usd6500..........the cheek of it. Because original price was USD 3250 so she did a x2 and presented as a discount. And in between, she kept pushing the 5.3 K one.

And today, the 3 buddhas are priced at 1460 USD. All of them under 20 mm. You can look at her other videos from August to September. The buddhas were never so expensive, all under 900 usd for sure, and in sets of 3 or 5.

I really really at this moment, do not like this. Now, instead of descending into a vortex of anger and b!tchiness, I am steering clear. I go do other stuff. I am going to look at spinels. Spinel cabs to fix onto the new jadeite earrings I bought.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you end up buying anything @suzanne2?

@ChaiK what is she saying about the $5.3K one? I am curious as to why she is promoting it to you so much.

The stock is so similar though I wonder if they get confused themselves. I thought these were the same and turns out they are not! $500 and $666. Although I feel like I've seen some for $388 but I am not sure at this point!

46938720_342422993005273_7049825904532389888_n.jpg

47400445_344749862772586_5148138119576420352_n.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK what is she saying about the $5.3K one? I am curious as to why she is promoting it to you so much.

She kept saying best colour. Then she sent 2 videos of the rings that I liked, in cool daylight, and the 5.3K one, she sent in slight sunlight. Then she said the 5.3K one sold. Like I care. I wasn't even asking her for it. I was talking about another ring. And she just kept giving me the measurements of the 5.3K one. I already said, I don't want 3.3mm..... I am so tired of her :((:sick::sick:. I never thought, that wanting to spend 5 to 6K would make someone so greedy as to try and extract more from me.

Oh, @MellowYellow, they are the same quality. So she can go and hang and wear all her 666 USD stuff.

Really really, she ain't my favourite person at the moment. So I am going to look at spinels. For my jadeite cab earrings. Wait, I show you. Busy from today until Sunday. But I will try to show you what I have in mind. And I can't show you much because earrings have yet to arrive. I won't get the buddhas anymore. Maybe just make do with 5 and do up the necklace.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww @ChaiK there there! Take a step back if you are fed up with her but don't let it stop you from nabbing a bargain!

As much as we have bought from her and developed a sense of familiarity, it is not any kind of relationship and we would do well to remember that. But don't let it stop you from a bargain or picking up something that you want, especially if prices go down after Christmas and CNY! She does have fun stuff!

Re earrings: Sounds awesome! I can't wait!!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl No, I've asked about 3 different things, cab ring for @1700 didn't like the video she sent, a dangly earring for @600 which turned out to be TINY :-o , and one other I forget. She has been responsive and nice. No complaints, but I'm not a big spender.
@ChaiK, I wonder if she reads these threads? It's good to step back for a week or so, let things cool off. You should be happy when you buy your jade!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl No, I've asked about 3 different things, cab ring for @1700 didn't like the video she sent, a dangly earring for @600 which turned out to be TINY :-o , and one other I forget. She has been responsive and nice. No complaints, but I'm not a big spender.
@ChaiK, I wonder if she reads these threads? It's good to step back for a week or so, let things cool off. You should be happy when you buy your jade!

I hope she reads them. Rubbish pricing. Pfffttttt. It is not like I buy cheap stuff from her or constantly badger her for huge discounts. There is a limit to all this slyness one can take.

Anyway, I go do other stuff. Like this weekend, I hope everything would have arrived. And I can set them. There. And the spinels. I shall contact Cees of Amsterdam pearls. He sets my jewellery for me. I shall fedex him the buddhas and the dragon for him to set as earrings and a cuff.

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's no coincidence there are a gazillion jewelry auctions in the US right now, it's Christmas!!! Prices fetched at the Heritage auction on Monday were much higher than at their last one in September. IMHO you both might want to reaffirm your bans until after Chinese New Year, and to better resist temptation, stay away from her website!!! :mrgreen2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put a damper on this thread when we were all sharing thoughts and learning so much!

I'm guessing that as much as 30% of all jewelry sales occur in the weeks before Christmas, and I bet most of those sales are to guys looking for Christmas presents for their loved ones. Those guys will know next to nothing about jewelry and how it is priced. They are ripe ripe for the plucking :mrgreen2: I know this for sure because I used to be one of those guys!!! So with increased demand and naive buyers, it must be very tempting for sellers to temporarily increase their prices. So maybe FB lady is just doing what most other vendors do at this time of year, however those other vendors don't have eagle eyed PS ladies watching their every move!!! :wink2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs I was missing this thread as well! I thought it was because of me saying FB Lady was watching us and I scared everyone away. But I do have a question. Why are these joined hoops called 'devils work'?
47400445_344749862772586_5148138119576420352_n-jpg.663220

Out on the internet I saw other designs called this as well.
I'm looking for the right pair of earrings, ones that will make an old white lady look just like Ruyi in Ruyi's Royal love. :lol: Not holding my breath. Also, while I was out and about I saw quite a few nice lavender bead necklaces. Did you already buy the one from Gumps?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! Since a few of us are on a ban I guess that's why there isn't much traction.

My poor 9yr old pup may have busted her cruciate ligament which will be $5000 aud to fix (assuming the other one doesn't bust). No gems for a while!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 for full ruyi go big with the jade!!!! And dangly!!!!

Haha I find it hilarious I'm also trying to look like Ruyi since she had a terrible life and a dreadful husband!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 I don't know why those hoops are called "devil's work" but I suspect one of our jade experts will be along shortly to give us the lowdown. Speaking of "devil's work" we had absolutely no interest in lavender jade beads until this thread came along, but are now the proud owners of that Gump's necklace.

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg

I blame it all on @Bluegemz ;)) It started with her post of this fabulous pendant:

1 Lavender Jade Pendant 1.jpeg

I have looked at hundreds of lavender jade pieces and nothing has come close Bluegemz pendant. :cry2: It has great color and translucence which, as Seaglow said, is darned near impossible to find in lavender jade! We were tempted by this Tiffany ring at Monday's Heritage auction, but the final price of $13,800 quickly untempted us :eek2:

284mm $13.8K Heritage Lot 55032 Tiffany 22x17x10.jpg

I'm afraid I can be of no help with Ruyi's Royal Love :P2 but I think if you stick close to Bluegemz, Burmesedaze, Seaglow, ChaiK, and Mellow, they will help you find that perfect set of earrings. :dance:

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your lavender beads, @prs :) Finding a nice lavender jade has been no easy endeavor because of the patience involved. I really think those beads are fabulous. The size and the totality of them is lovely. They must have such a cool feel, weight and wonderful energy! Now you’ve inspired me to start looking for an eventual strand of lavender beads...will likely take a while lol.
Jade is just so beautiful, seductive and addictive!

Last edited:
Reactions: prs

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: the devil’s work...I’m not sure why that name is given, but I imagine t has to do with the impressive carving skill of making interlocking links out of a solid piece of jade.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! Since a few of us are on a ban I guess that's why there isn't much traction.

My poor 9yr old pup may have busted her cruciate ligament which will be $5000 aud to fix (assuming the other one doesn't bust). No gems for a while!
That's a blow! Hope your pup pulls thru it all OK.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I hope all is well.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the well wishes @ChaiK and @prs

Pup is improving and vet has instructed to observe her from home for another week.

Anyone know if they use glue on jade cabs? I need to wash mine but I'm worried about hot water melting the glue if they use any.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know. I do know that on my chrysoprase, there is no glue and I can sometimes hear the gem moving in its setting.

But I have accidentally stumbled upon how contact Yinyin Leung on FB. She has yet to reply. Let’s see. Will update.

She actually has another FB page very similar to FB lady with similar modus operandi. :appl:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, Yinyin Leung has this FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/hkJademui/

On that, you can see her live streaming jade pieces.

She also tells you how to contact her, through WeChat. She is very responsive.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let us know if you buy anything @ChaiK

I absolutely LOVE these but on a ban and would not know what to do with them!

48046353_2208198372574242_8580296882956271616_n.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know if you buy anything @ChaiK

I absolutely LOVE these but on a ban and would not know what to do with them!

48046353_2208198372574242_8580296882956271616_n.jpg

Yinyin had them for much less. So I think for the moment, that ban is a good thing.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 I don't know why those hoops are called "devil's work" but I suspect one of our jade experts will be along shortly to give us the lowdown. Speaking of "devil's work" we had absolutely no interest in lavender jade beads until this thread came along, but are now the proud owners of that Gump's necklace.

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg

I blame it all on @Bluegemz ;)) It started with her post of this fabulous pendant:

1 Lavender Jade Pendant 1.jpeg

I have looked at hundreds of lavender jade pieces and nothing has come close Bluegemz pendant. :cry2: It has great color and translucence which, as Seaglow said, is darned near impossible to find in lavender jade! We were tempted by this Tiffany ring at Monday's Heritage auction, but the final price of $13,800 quickly untempted us :eek2:

284mm $13.8K Heritage Lot 55032 Tiffany 22x17x10.jpg

I'm afraid I can be of no help with Ruyi's Royal Love :P2 but I think if you stick close to Bluegemz, Burmesedaze, Seaglow, ChaiK, and Mellow, they will help you find that perfect set of earrings. :dance:

It's all because of those ladies that I've become obsessed with jade. We should ask the mods to ban them. :lol:

Having the two pictures side by side, the pendant and the ring you almost bought, really shows the difference. 14k and not near the quality...I didn't realize how difficult it is to buy good lavender. Are you on the hunt for a ring to match the necklace?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's all because of those ladies that I've become obsessed with jade. We should ask the mods to ban them. :lol:

Having the two pictures side by side, the pendant and the ring you almost bought, really shows the difference. 14k and not near the quality...I didn't realize how difficult it is to buy good lavender. Are you on the hunt for a ring to match the necklace?
Yes, but we are going to hold out until we find something close in quality to Bluegemz pendant. It will take time and patience, but if we buy something of lower quality now, we'll regret it when the right piece comes along. I know that's easier said than done, but the beads have assuaged our jade urge for the time being. ;)2

I'm starting to get the sense that lavender jade on the pink side of lavender is always opaque, but there's a better chance of translucence when the stone is on the purple side. However pink seems to be much more common than purple. Actually grey, pretending to be lavender is the most common, but that's another story. ;(

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Yinyin had them for much less. So I think for the moment, that ban is a good thing.

How are you communicating with Yinyin? Is English ok or do i need to crank up my rusty Mandarin?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
How are you communicating with Yinyin? Is English ok or do i need to crank up my rusty Mandarin?

I just tell her in English. She replies in mandarin. I understand mandarin. The thing is, she live streams these products by different vendors. Prices are not bad. She had one item identical to that of FB lady’s and it was already 1000 usd cheaper, before you bargained,

With her live streaming, however, I don’t have time to watch the live videos constantly for what I want.

But she did have very good lavender bangles on Sunday just past, in one of her live streaming sessions. I understand her mandarin when she live streams.

You can WeChat her what you want. I am not sure if she will raise prices once she finds out what you want, like FB lady would most definitely. If that happens, I will also let you know.

For the moment, well at least with me, FB lady will only now give 5% discount, even with items on several thousand dollars. Maybe it’s Christmas, maybe it’s the item I want. Or maybe it’s the posting here, I don’t know. But the ban is a good thing. I am looking carefully.

When I buy the item from YinYin, I will post. Inundated with work at the moment too.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
69D6E18E-24F4-4FEF-ACCB-7DB40035888D.jpeg
F187AFEC-30BF-4635-BA31-8026FFA3B1B0.jpeg
Inherited this from my grandma. It just barely fits my wrist and I worry ahout breaking it so I don’t wear it.

I am certainly admiring the texture of the bangle - and the colour (a subtle green & pink gradation on my screen). Nice to be starting the day with this .)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ll try that live chat. Thanks for the tip!

Meanwhile, I received my bracelet from Yokdee and I’m happy with it. It’s not a pure white but good transluscency for beads.

EE437505-12B7-47BB-B9EE-B3BC9BA25265.jpeg 8879923C-F6F6-4A96-B282-C7BA754CECE0.jpeg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Regarding Yinyin being cheaper than FB lady, I think because Yinyin's prices are in RMB, it appears cheaper. I am not sure what other fees Yinyin will charge on top of the price quoted.

I want to be very factual about FB lady and Yinyin. I don't want to make FB lady seem greedy. I still think it was wrong of FB lady to double up her pricing and come up with ridiculous prices.

However, I think, on the whole, FB lady is easier to reach and buy from. I think, the best strategy is to just not tell FB lady what you want and buy something totally so unexpected at a bargain price.
Yinyin will have better pricing for a lot of items because of the RMB pricing. But we don't know what additional charges would be added yet.

You can see the two items below :

FB lady wanted about USD9580. Yinyin asked for 59 800 RMB = approximately 8600 USD.

FB Jasmine Ring.jpg Yinyin Ring.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I did something very adventurous today. I saw that Yinyin had live streaming through her associates at Ruili/Shwe Li (border of Myanmar and China) this evening. I played it and bought 3 pieces of jadeite items from the live stream. The broadcaster will bargain on your behalf and showcase the items from the traders in turn. The bargaining is very interesting and the other viewers also chime in, all very interactive and in Mandarin/Chinese. Of course, you take the risk of getting shoddy or treated jade, but I took a chance on them. They add up to under US$1000 for the 3 items anyway and will go for way way way way more outside. So the broadcaster/whoever adds on 10% to the purchase price. Example, if item is sold for RMB1000, the final price I have to pay is RMB1100.

I just paid by bank transfer to a HK bank a/c. YY's outfit is very professionally run.

Will update when the items arrive and I get home for the hols.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results