shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s not glowy and she’s right, not bright green. A glowy green would look bigger.

Thanks. Saved me 3.8K. And I was not crazy about the setting. Can you see the first tier halo, it is not all diamonds. And again at the sides of the ring, it is not all diamonds. Just metal that has been patterned so it will photograph like diamonds.

But this one, it is high. At 5 mm. I said no eventually.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
This one is the 5.3K one. She said, less water. But great colour and she said it has clouds and she said all jade has cloud, even great jade I did not have issue with less water cloud and all that.

It was 3.3 mm high. And the baguettes at the side were not my taste. I did not like the setting and the 3.3mm. But she says the factory and her, they think this is the best of the current rings. It sold today.

Jade out of the sun.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK she just put up new stuff including a green cab!

@Seaglow this seems pricey and patchy for $2060. Is it because it's big and very lavender?

47252893_2199513160109430_6902305150988189696_n.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Priced quite high because of the size and texture but a glowy green can overpower texture so nice greens, you can compensate on texture.

BD79D1BE-4900-4E97-8F7E-EFA8B0ABF057.jpeg

But it is the lighting that has made this pendant glow. So the one at 3.8K, the actual picture was like that:

Not glowy green.jpg

And in plain light, it looks like that

Good green jadeite.jpg

Attachments

• glow jade.jpg
    glow jade.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 21
  • glow jade.jpg
    glow jade.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 18

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK I'm suss that one is 10mm thick. Did you see the side profile? It doesn't look 10mm to me!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK I'm suss that one is 10mm thick. Did you see the side profile? It doesn't look 10mm to me!

Yes, but without setting, it is 5 mm.

And another one, without setting at 3.3 mm. I always ask her to give me gem measurement, without setting.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But it is the lighting that has made this pendant glow. So the one at 3.8K, the actual picture was like that:

Not glowy green.jpg

And in plain light, it looks like that

Good green jadeite.jpg

Looks like same factory so their lighting should be the same unless

But it is the lighting that has made this pendant glow. So

Looks like same factory with the yellow flower decoration?

DB140D11-478A-43EA-BC2B-0ABFE1D59211.jpeg

This one jasmine described as bright green with photo taken in natural light. I looked at it but it has some specks in it.

4F91951C-9074-410A-A01B-DC8221D29755.png

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
18.8 by 14.9 by 9.3 mm

It’s the size and the shade tad darker than usual and lavender with hardly visible secondary colors. Too patchy for me though for the price. Lavenders have no issues having high domes. The nice greens and reds are the ones that are “thickness-challenged”. Blue modifier in lavenders seem to put the price down as it is not the current market preference.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like same factory so their lighting should be the same unless

Looks like same factory with the yellow flower decoration?

DB140D11-478A-43EA-BC2B-0ABFE1D59211.jpeg

This one jasmine described as bright green with photo taken in natural light. I looked at it but it has some specks in it.

4F91951C-9074-410A-A01B-DC8221D29755.png

Yes, same factory, same light and this type of light, will make the jade glow, even if in plain light, it is not glowy at all. Good example is the 3.8 cab ring I posted about.

That's why, it is so hard to see, because when you actually see the item, it is a different green to the one she has posted.

But she is good though. She does tell you immediately that it is not so bright etc or if there is crack, or stone line she says immediately. Without my asking. I still ask anyway.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Let me say this much:

I am astonished by how fast these bits of jadeite sell; WHOA! Jade rollercoaster...

@diagem

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And can you see, when @mellowyellowgirl posted about her lavender ring, today, many many lavenders at much much higher prices.

Today, she sent me a picture of two teeny tiny buddhas. Now, usually, the buddhas are three or five in a set, for around $500 (three in a set) to $900 (for five in a set). For some reason, these two, which are very very similar to what I have bought from her in the past, are now suddenly $866. So not buying.

Buddhas.jpg
Are you collecting same or different sizes for your project?

I looked your 2 green ones with the green bellies you posted. Were they priced well?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Are you collecting same or different sizes for your project?

I looked your 2 green ones with the green bellies you posted. Were they priced well?

Yes. I bought 3 green ones for something like 300 usd altogether. Definitely did not exceed 500 usd for three buddhas. Then I bought a very very nice one for 700 USD - you know the type I like, green on white. But this was a bigger buddha at 30 mm.

Anyway, I will look out for cheaper pricing. Who knows, maybe the quality is different. I can't tell.

Ohhh, I will line them up tomorrow. I have 5 buddhas for the lavender necklace. 2 buddhas for earrings with the tsavorites. So I now have 7 buddhas. I just need 3 more for the necklace. I sound mad....

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I bought 3 green ones for something like 300 usd altogether. Definitely did not exceed 500 usd for three buddhas. Then I bought a very very nice one for 700 USD - you know the type I like, green on white. But this was a bigger buddha at 30 mm.

Anyway, I will look out for cheaper pricing. Who knows, maybe the quality is different. I can't tell.

Ohhh, I will line them up tomorrow. I have 5 buddhas for the lavender necklace. 2 buddhas for earrings with the tsavorites. So I now have 7 buddhas. I just need 3 more for the necklace. I sound mad....

Sounds awesome!!!! I can't wait to see them!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jade newbie here. Is there a preferred vendors list for jade (new and vintage) anywhere? I’m looking for an entry level 45.25mm bracelet, I haven’t figured out which style (beads or bangle)... Thank you for the informative and inspiring jade threads!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jade newbie here. Is there a preferred vendors list for jade (new and vintage) anywhere? I’m looking for an entry level 45.25mm Grade A jadeite bracelet, I haven’t figured out which style (beads or bangle)... Thank you for the informative and inspiring jade threads!

Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Jade newbie here. Is there a preferred vendors list for jade (new and vintage) anywhere? I’m looking for an entry level 45.25mm Grade A jadeite bracelet, I haven’t figured out which style (beads or bangle)... Thank you for the informative and inspiring jade threads!

Do be aware that if you measured around your wrist, that is not the correct way to measure for a bangle because the bangle needs to go over your hand. Most of the smaller bangles I’ve seen hover around 49 or 50mm.

The following recommendations are for buying jadeite, as that is the tricky one to buy:

If you’re in the US, Mason Kay is the most reputable place to get Grade A jadeite. There is also someone from Hawaii, although I forgot the name. I do believe Churk Workshop on Etsy also sells Grade A. He has a lot of tiny bangles from what I remember.

There are a lot of online shops that claim to offer lab certs from China or Vietnam. It is better to avoid them as we do not know if they are reputable. A lot of these lab certs are fake. Within US, reputable labs for jade testing would be GIA/AGL or Stone Group Labs (this one was mentioned by a PS-er, I have no experience with them).

For those new to jadeite, I would personally recommend Ultimate Jadeite and Yokdee on Etsy. They are both patient and honest sellers from Singapore who will also provide lab reports from Nanyang Gem Institute, which is a reputable lab. There are a few other reputable jade shops in Singapore, such as All About Jade, which you can email with your requests.

More recently, KathyJade from Taiwan sells beautiful pieces and I believe they provide a reliable gem lab cert from Taiwan. And of course, Jasmine (or known as the Myanmar Jadeite FB lady) is known for posting bargains on FB everyday at great prices but it’s fast paced and there’s no lab report included. I would suggest this for people who already have an experienced eye and know what to snap up.

Also, PSA never to buy from Yingyu Jade or Jadeisus, who have both sold treated and dyed jade as Grade A.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I am offended by the pricing of the FB Lady.

So yesterday, a ring was priced at 3250 usd.

Overnight, price has come up to 7000 USD.

And the size isn't even that fantastic. Yes, they can sell at any price. But this is offensive.

original price.jpg Changed price.jpg

Not right. And she has slowed down when it comes to the cab ring. Does not reply, then it is all sold. And then she ups the price on this.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whah??!!!!!

I see it at $7000 now but I didn't pay attention to the price last night. Did it change from last night or a few days ago? How bizzare!

I noticed the bargain bin page went to $450 for everything on one of the days. Then a few days later certain things went back to $388.

Probably trying to gauge shoppers for Christmas.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Bargain bin went up to 500 USD.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK I also wanted to ask when you got your Buddha ring did you get it sized by her or you sized it yourself or you fit into factory size?

Can you tell me what size that Buddha ring is?

I am trying to work out what scale they operate under because I am sure there is some miscommunication about sizing.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK I also wanted to ask when you got your Buddha ring did you get it sized by her or you sized it yourself or you fit into factory size?

Can you tell me what size that Buddha ring is?

I am trying to work out what scale they operate under because I am sure there is some miscommunication about sizing.

No, I did not size it. I just wear it on the middle finger. Still it is a bit too big.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK, I know it's not funny, but she is teasing you with the buddas. They pop up every day with the wildest pricing. All over the charts. I asked about some dangle earrings, said they were too small, and now there's lots of them, bigger and more expensive. She's a crafty one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results