shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS she gave me these and I really like them. Going to give one necklace to Lil Sis.

Should I attempt to add hooks to them or just shove them over my head?

There are dangly bits of string at the back if I just shove them over my head. Go for hippy look maybe?

20181203_093235.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooo....we would be so bad for each other. I am terrible. I keep getting distracted. My list:

1. huge huge cab. (am now thinking of 2...)

2. 3 buddhas (but I have just seen a yellow monkey....)

3. A pair of high quality green green green bangles (but I love the 1300 one @Lovinggems .....)

And along the way, I keep buying things not on the list even when I am on a ban. I am now looking at spinels to go with the jadeite studs I bought.....

Oh and I lost this yesterday (big, high and green :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:) Now nothing ever will match up to this, ever again :boohoo::cry2::cry2::cry2:.

She posted this at 2:46 am. I got up at 6 am. I texted her, messaged her whatever her and no reply and at 12 noon she replies to say sold.

Am so going to ban and focus on other stuff.
The one jade.jpg

There there

You'll find your perfect stone! You didn't see the outdoor vids etc so who knows if it was perfect.

Haha I've survived 4 days of December so far. April is a long time away :lol:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@ChaiK you have enough white base bangles and should collect something else. I shall not distract you with other pretties until you’ve achieved your HGs. :lol:

@mellowyellowgirl good buy re the lavender beads in Singapore, I went there earlier this year a lot of things were expensive except food, although you can also eat at more expensive restaurants, I love the food range there. Love your ring looks regal your hand.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She posted more lace earrings and I was tempted but decided I'll stick to my word and wear my existing ones.

@ChaiK You did well with the icy dragon unset pair. She posted a pendant like that. It was very $$$ and possibly smaller than yours.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
She posted more lace earrings and I was tempted but decided I'll stick to my word and wear my existing ones.

@ChaiK You did well with the icy dragon unset pair. She posted a pendant like that. It was very $$$ and possibly smaller than yours.

This one right? It is 27 mm. Mine is around 35 mm. She has upped her pricing for this type. Maybe because of other requests.

Expensive dragon.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one right? It is 27 mm. Mine is around 35 mm. She has upped her pricing for this type. Maybe because of other requests.

Expensive dragon.jpg

Yes! I saw it and thought "ooh ChaiK scored!"

I was puzzled cuz this one cost way more but yours were bigger!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, mine was at the bin. Lol.

I need tips!!!!! Lol even when we shop at the same place you buy better stuff!

I've come to the conclusion I just have cheap tacky taste :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I was soooo close to getting a lace pair of earrings as they now have more of the ones ChaiK bought but I backed off.

I was like "I can do this, I can last until April, I've lost 12 pounds this year through sheer will, I have it in me to resist jewellery for a few months."

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
PS she gave me these and I really like them. Going to give one necklace to Lil Sis.

Should I attempt to add hooks to them or just shove them over my head?

There are dangly bits of string at the back if I just shove them over my head. Go for hippy look maybe?

20181203_093235.jpg

Just wear them. Maybe put a normal clasp. They go with jeans and can only bring good karma.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
If the vendor is telling you not to buy you probably shouldn't buy!!!!

Where is it out of curiosity? Did she check and find it?

Bummer about the $20K one. hehe always $$$$ when no price! It is so pretty!!!!!

You'll find one soon enough! She posts so many a day!

*huggles my dear*

If you look closely, there is a crack. Inside the cab, right in the middle. Odd thing is, you can’t see it on the phone, well at least not on my phone. I was busy looking for it too. Now that I have uploaded it here, and the screen is bigger, I can see it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look closely, there is a crack. Inside the cab, right in the middle. Odd thing is, you can’t see it on the phone, well at least not on my phone. I was busy looking for it too. Now that I have uploaded it here, and the screen is bigger, I can see it.

I can see it now. Crack inside cab right in the middle.

I would have thought it was a reflection but if it's stationary in all photos then it's a crack.

My ring reflects things so in certain pics it looks like there are cracks running.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if they use glue on the cabs. The cabs are so big I really wonder if just the prongs are safe.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I was soooo close to getting a lace pair of earrings as they now have more of the ones ChaiK bought but I backed off.

I was like "I can do this, I can last until April, I've lost 12 pounds this year through sheer will, I have it in me to resist jewellery for a few months."

She will have some more lace ones. Maybe even nicer ones. I keep getting distracted and then I remember you have not bought, so I hold back too. Today, I almost bought another pair of jade diamond earrings. Very painful but I let it go.

She keeps telling me the 5.3k ring is the best. But at the height of 3.3 mm, I am saying HeT! Nyet! I don’t like flat stones.

I am all for going way past Chinese New Year, if the right one does not come along.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will have some more lace ones. Maybe even nicer ones. I keep getting distracted and then I remember you have not bought, so I hold back too. Today, I almost bought another pair of jade diamond earrings. Very painful but I let it go.

She keeps telling me the 5.3k ring is the best. But at the height of 3.3 mm, I am saying HeT! Nyet! I don’t like flat stones.

I am all for going way past Chinese New Year, if the right one does not come along.

We will support each other through this ban.

If you see a high dome cab that you like at the right price though you go for it!

I'll admit I really enjoy the huge lavender dome. Wish I could afford one in green but alas.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade bracelets

Anyone own any? Not the bangles but actual bracelets.

Can you ladies post pics if you own some?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Jade bracelets

Anyone own any? Not the bangles but actual bracelets.

Can you ladies post pics if you own some?

69D6E18E-24F4-4FEF-ACCB-7DB40035888D.jpeg
F187AFEC-30BF-4635-BA31-8026FFA3B1B0.jpeg
Inherited this from my grandma. It just barely fits my wrist and I worry ahout breaking it so I don’t wear it. I don’t know if it was originally YG but the gold has turned coppery colored over the years.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty!!! Is it too delicate for casual wear @peacechick or just because it's snug that you're worried?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It's so pretty!!! Is it too delicate for casual wear @peacechick or just because it's snug that you're worried?

Mostly because it’s my only keepsake from my grandma. She didn’t have a lot of jewelry so when it was divided, we all got one piece each. So I just want to save it for family occasions.

ETA: wow, just crossed the 1,000 post threshold! Am I officially a jewelry addict?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need tips!!!!! Lol even when we shop at the same place you buy better stuff!

I've come to the conclusion I just have cheap tacky taste :lol:

It’s because I don’t buy based on trend. :) so the earrings I got has good texture, good polish, good transluscency but not the top color. When it was posted, there was just a couple of items or so on that color. But once many people start to like the blue greens/green blues, price goes up on the demand factor side. You can predict the current sellable or high inquiry items based on her posts. If red sells more, there will be more reds. If the greens, more greens. If the mottled stones, more mottled. If the lace, more lace. You cannot bargain so much on sellable items but more room on those with little demand and demand can be based on trend.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s because I don’t buy based on trend. :) so the earrings I got has good texture, good polish, good transluscency but not the top color. When it was posted, there was just a couple of items or so on that color. But once many people start to like the blue greens/green blues, price goes up on the demand factor side. You can predict the current sellable or high inquiry items based on her posts. If red sells more, there will be more reds. If the greens, more greens. If the mottled stones, more mottled. If the lace, more lace. You cannot bargain so much on sellable items but more room on those with little demand and demand can be based on trend.

And can you see, when @mellowyellowgirl posted about her lavender ring, today, many many lavenders at much much higher prices.

Today, she sent me a picture of two teeny tiny buddhas. Now, usually, the buddhas are three or five in a set, for around $500 (three in a set) to $900 (for five in a set). For some reason, these two, which are very very similar to what I have bought from her in the past, are now suddenly $866. So not buying.

Buddhas.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Burmesedaze or @Seaglow or anyone really.

Is this a good green? She says it is less bright than bright green. This type of green. I cannot see.

Colour is even, so ignore the slight changes of colour at the end.

Good green jadeite.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze or @Seaglow or anyone really.

Is this a good green? She says it is less bright than bright green. This type of green. I cannot see.

Colour is even, so ignore the slight changes of colour at the end.

Good green jadeite.jpg

Go for a glowy green although it really depends on the price.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:wall:But this one looks glowy to me. Is it not?

She is very neutral. She just said less bright than bright green. Like when she was selling me the dragon discs, she was really excited about that pair. This one, she was like it is less bright than bright green. I mean is it bright green? And then she says again less bright than bright green. I could go on like that with her all day and the conversation would lead nowhere.:think:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wall:But this one looks glowy to me. Is it not?

She is very neutral. She just said less bright than bright green. Like when she was selling me the dragon discs, she was really excited about that pair. This one, she was like it is less bright than bright green. I mean is it bright green? And then she says again less bright than bright green.

It’s not glowy and she’s right, not bright green. A glowy green would look bigger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results