shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, drifting further away from jadeite. Here is my 8 carat unheated blue sapphire ring with tsavorite and zircon and diamonds. Not done yet. Will be soon. DK doing this for me. I tell you, @suzanne2 was the best for posting her tsavorite ring. I discovered DK that way. The sapphire looks like it has a bad window but it is because it is not set and is tilted at a funny angle. I couldn't possibly post elsewhere. This is kind of like home for me.

I suppose it is ok to post here. I mean, jadeite is green, tsavorite green....pretty much the same stuff......

received_354556771911417.png

I saw the video. :mrgreen2: Amazing!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw the video as well!! Stunning! Wow, what a beautiful ring!
received_354556771911417-png.698824

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs, this is gorgeous. How many projects do you have going with DK?
655219-9650a30bb011030e3fb1e36462045a0b.jpg
Suzanne, we have just finished the design of a hot pink tourmaline ringdant, and when that project is complete we have some tiny rubies to be set in a five stone band.

I have found it less stressful to work on only one project at a time. As you know, this designing game is not easy!!! :lol:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
It's here. I am sending it back to DK to change the zircons (I am fussy - still zircons. Just wanted them more sparkling) but for the moment, it is still beautiful.

DK has been good about the whole thing. He will change them for free. What more can I expect?

The sapphire is certified cornflower blue by AIGs. It does not die. Not in the UK light. I am so lucky today.

20190628_195559.jpg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
It's here. I am sending it back to DK to change the zircons (I am fussy - still zircons. Just wanted them more sparkling) but for the moment, it is still beautiful.

DK has been good about the whole thing. He will change them for free. What more can I expect?

The sapphire is certified cornflower blue by AIGs. It does not die. Not in the UK light. I am so lucky today.

20190628_195559.jpg

I knew it would look gorgeous. :kiss2: It’s worth the wait.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190628_195559.jpg

I'm speechless!! Wow! That sapphire is amazing and the setting is gorgeous! It's hard to see sparkle from a picture but the zircons look beautiful as is. It's a grand ring!
I'm so happy you went with DK. Isn't he nice? Did he cut the zircons for you? When he made my sapphire halo the first stones were too dark so he had them redone without even asking me.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ChaiK, your piece is vivid and yet tranquil at the same time, quite extraordinary!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm speechless!! Wow! That sapphire is amazing and the setting is gorgeous! It's hard to see sparkle from a picture but the zircons look beautiful as is. It's a grand ring!
I'm so happy you went with DK. Isn't he nice? Did he cut the zircons for you? When he made my sapphire halo the first stones were too dark so he had them redone without even asking me.

No. I bought them online but it is being sourced again - the windows are not my thing. DK is so good. Thank you, @suzanne2 . I found DK through your gorgeous tsavorite ring.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DKJ refurbished this estate ruby and diamond ring for us, we just got it back last week. Apparently the diamonds are carré cut, a cut not so common these days. The heated Thai ruby is only 2.05ct but the color improved dramatically after it was polished.

Ruby Ring DK1.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DKJ refurbished this estate ruby and diamond ring for us, we just got it back last week. Apparently the diamonds are carré cut, a cut not so common these days. The heated Thai ruby is only 2.05ct but the color improved dramatically after it was polished.

Ruby Ring DK1.jpg

Nice!! You guys have such great taste. Maybe one day we can get a family picture?
Edit: In Carre cut polished diamonds, almost all faults stand out and are perceived. Therefore, only rough diamonds of very high quality and clarity are suitable for Carre cuts.

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190628_195559.jpg
I keep coming back to this ring. Have you already sent it back to DK? Or are you wearing and enjoying it? I love the unusual quality and the huge sapphire. You go girl!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I keep coming back to this ring. Have you already sent it back to DK? Or are you wearing and enjoying it? I love the unusual quality and the huge sapphire. You go girl!

Wearing it whilst I can. The zircons are still being sourced. I will probably send it soon.

I am also setting a few pieces of jadeite. Show you when they arrive. If there is anything you want on the LS with YY, give a shout to anyone of us.

The shows really are fun and you can pick up nice bargains. People are also helpful there. I barely speak Mandarin but recently, I have improved so much in jadeite-speak. My mother would be so proud of me if she could now hear me speak so fluently in Mandarin about jadeite and haggle before paying up. I butchered the Mandarin so badly one time I even got them to agree to free postage eventually. :lol::lol::lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to what @ChaiK said.

I can also show you how to use Transferwise @suzanne2 (cheaper and easier than bank wires). It's a bit shameful but I've set up such an efficient system to pay these vendors. It's bad. Makes it so easy to buy:whistle:

Haha I have no Mandarin but Google translate is my friend. I've gone a bit nuts recently so should stop buying. I've got 2 projects being set and one in the postal system :mrgreen2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I think with the pad ring, it will be even more gorgeous.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice!! You guys have such great taste. Maybe one day we can get a family picture?
Edit: In Carre cut polished diamonds, almost all faults stand out and are perceived. Therefore, only rough diamonds of very high quality and clarity are suitable for Carre cuts.
Thank you @suzanne2 Amy at DKJ was quite excited when she saw the ring. She said she would love to use carré cut diamonds in her designs, but they are almost impossible to source.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been away for a while and I come back to all of this lovely stuff! Chaik, did you send the ring back yet? That center sapphire is magical. Thanks to you and Mellow for offering to help me with YY! I'm on ban island for a few months until I get my new bangle made by DK. I will post my ideas in a few days, let me know what you guys think. It's for my birthday but I haven't sent it to him yet.
Mellow, your new ring and pendant is sublime. The color is so right!! I love picturing it with your bright dresses in the summer sun. Peter, I still want a family pic...And burmesedaze? what are you up to? I'm so happy to be back.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I've been away for a while and I come back to all of this lovely stuff! Chaik, did you send the ring back yet? That center sapphire is magical. Thanks to you and Mellow for offering to help me with YY! I'm on ban island for a few months until I get my new bangle made by DK. I will post my ideas in a few days, let me know what you guys think. It's for my birthday but I haven't sent it to him yet.
Mellow, your new ring and pendant is sublime. The color is so right!! I love picturing it with your bright dresses in the summer sun. Peter, I still want a family pic...And burmesedaze? what are you up to? I'm so happy to be back.

I have yet to send mine out to DK. I shall.

Not buying much. Lots of work to do.

Oh do post your ideas about that bracelet. DK is very good.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Suzanne, I hope you are well. :wavey:

Please do show us your bracelet ideas. I'm sure ChaiK will be able to offer all kinds of great suggestions. Don't count on me for any help, I've been working with Amy on our hot pink tourmaline ringdant since Christmas! She has the patience of a saint, but I bet she cringes every time she sees another email from me!!! :lol-2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Back to jadeite. Got these clouds at the show. As in the live stream show.

Around 18 mm each cloud. Great price.

Am on cloud 9!

mmexport1563292875671.jpg mmexport1563272348033.jpg
Jaeite clouds.jpg

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Back to jadeite. Got these clouds at the show. As in the live stream show.

Around 18 mm each cloud. Great price.

Am on cloud 9!

mmexport1563292875671.jpg mmexport1563272348033.jpg
Jaeite clouds.jpg
Gorgeous! Are you floating on air? =)2

Are the clouds destined to be earrings?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Are you floating on air? =)2

Are the clouds destined to be earrings?

Yes. Earrings. I got them unset and then the seller set them for me. All under 500 usd. 19K rose gold and then diamonds at 5 厘.

The only problem with buying on LS is that you must be very firm with the sellers and you must know pricing well. You must insist they send you a picture of the item the next day and you must ask if there are cracks, lines or cotton. Most importantly, you must haggle. Also, you can always cancel on your items if the next day, you wake up and decide no for various reasons. I used to think it was terrible to cancel. Nowadays, I'm like nope. Not up to standards. Cancel. Because it is difficult to balance on the phone typing Chinese and trying to see it properly on the pooter screen - all at the same time plus try to work and do mundane stuff as you wait for that item to come along.

The setting can go wrong sometimes (I post that later) or they will try to wrangle a really high ridiculous price and if you are in a hurry :oops: (me guilty here), you could end up paying a lot more than what it is worth. Generally people are very helpful and prices are good.

Let me know when you feel gutsy and want to buy. We could loupetroop and hook up there. It really is an eye opener. It can be boring as they go on and on about buddhas and carvings. Despite this, I am so done with buying on WeChat for the moment because WeChat for now has ridiculous prices.

Quality of the jadeite on LS is different. I would not say it is bad jadeite and I cannot say that they are fantastic fine pieces, although if you are lucky, you might well stumble on a show featuring these pieces and net one. You can get jadeite like my earrings, like @mellowyellowgirl 's flowers. Me, I am always ending up with purple pendants or purple pixiu. You can see Mellow's latest flower is a gorgeous bright green and is watery. You won't always get luxurious pieces often (sometimes they do crop up and at very good prices. There was a huge green fine hulu at 20K rmb and I am still kicking myself for passing on it.) but you can still buy good fun jade, have them in your 18K gold and diamonds and have some fun, all for less than 500 usd. Also, you have to accept that the cheap jadeite might come with a small stone line or two. I am ok with this, depending on colour and texture. What I cannot stand is cotton. So no cotton or cloud for me. I don't like cracks but I recently accepted it in a pair of fish as the cracks were at the back of one fish and they were not obvious. I think this is all subjective. The jadeite, even if cheap, is Grade A. I took it to my jeweller and he confirmed it. I brought it down to Hatton Garden and they were impressed too.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK, thank you so much for this very informative post. It does make me feel much better about the LS process, and I will definitely let you know when I am feeling more "gutsy"!!! :lol:

In the meantime we spent a few days in Carmel last week to get away from our California Central Valley summer heat. The center of Carmel is mostly restaurants, art galleries, jewelry stores, and wine tasting rooms...what more could one ask for? The cost of space for these stores must be really high because prices were thru the roof. However we did walk into a small antique store with a few pieces of estate jewelry and look what we found!

Black Jade Bead Necklace 1.jpg Black Jade Bead Necklace 2.jpg

A black jade bead necklace originally sold by Gumps San Francisco Department Store. Gumps' jewelry dept was famous for fine jade items. The necklace is 17" long and the beads are 13mm. I suspect this is nephrite jade because the beads are a deep black, and I'm not sure jadeite comes in this color. The price was right and the necklace looked fantastic together with DW's white top, so home it went. Jade itch scratched again...at least until that perfect lavender cab comes along. :mrgreen2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK, thank you so much for this very informative post. It does make me feel much better about the LS process, and I will definitely let you know when I am feeling more "gutsy"!!! :lol:

In the meantime we spent a few days in Carmel last week to get away from our California Central Valley summer heat. The center of Carmel is mostly restaurants, art galleries, jewelry stores, and wine tasting rooms...what more could one ask for? The cost of space for these stores must be really high because prices were thru the roof. However we did walk into a small antique store with a few pieces of estate jewelry and look what we found!

A black jade bead necklace originally sold by Gumps San Francisco Department Store. Gumps' jewelry dept was famous for fine jade items. The necklace is 17" long and the beads are 13mm. I suspect this is nephrite jade because the beads are a deep black, and I'm not sure jadeite comes in this color. The price was right and the necklace looked fantastic together with DW's white top, so home it went. Jade itch scratched again...at least until that perfect lavender cab comes along. :mrgreen2:

Ohhh, shine a light on them. I think it is LED light. It will glow a bright green. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Came across another bangle with no cert, but it does come in a very nice box. =)

Bangle 1.jpg Bangle 2.jpg Bangle 3.jpg

By any chance could the writing on the box indicate the bangle might be from a reputable source?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Came across another bangle with no cert, but it does come in a very nice box. =)

By any chance could the writing on the box indicate the bangle might be from a reputable source?

Google translation is Treasure collection.

Looks like you can buy similar jewellery boxes inexpensively on Chinese shopping sites. Not sure about the bangle though.

https://m.tmall.com/mblist/regular_wDJKh96-WXWyo1aZvhsosDg6pa_W0jqYUhNnek20ZeM.html

https://www.taobao.com/list/product/珍藏品手镯_2.htm

Reactions: prs

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

No. These are generic boxes. I have a number of them.

Bangle looks like nephrite though so should not be pricey.

Reactions: prs

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Kosmochlor, omphacite, possible :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results