shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow I LOVE glassy greens! Haha took me a while to focus on the setting.

Thanks! Find them a tad frou frou but something around that would be good.

Wish I could see the donut though in hand then I'd know if it's written a reversible design if the floating greens are different both sides of the coin.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I LOVE glassy greens! Haha took me a while to focus on the setting.

Thanks! Find them a tad frou frou but something around that would be good.

Wish I could see the donut though in hand then I'd know if it's written a reversible design if the floating greens are different both sides of the coin.

Oh you are a menace! If you didn't own so many bigger donuts already I half expect you to rock up tomorrow with one of these :lol:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe this but smaller?
9bdebd8ccb65f31e66d65fedcca857fc.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's not a donut, but I really like the concept

Emerald Pendant.JPG

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The top of this one also shows promise

Opal Pendant 1.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Duyen saw me on LS :razz:

I added these 4 today. The trio I'm not setting, just keeping them away for now. They went as a lot for a good price and are between 28mm to 32mm iirc.

That lavender is...
39mm

This I AM setting.

Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-56-37.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-56-43.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-55-01.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-17-05.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-53-00.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-17-56.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-51-01.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-18-16.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-19-22.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-57-22.png

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Duyen saw me on LS :razz:

I added these 4 today. The trio I'm not setting, just keeping them away for now. They went as a lot for a good price and are between 28mm to 32mm iirc.

That lavender is...
39mm

This I AM setting.

Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-56-37.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-56-43.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-55-01.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-17-05.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-53-00.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-17-56.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-51-01.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-18-16.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-19-22.png Screenshot_2019-01-05-21-57-22.png

:wink2:
You know what, I have discovered today one brand new phenomenon : I can now buy by proxy thanks to you !!!
Very effective solution when you are on a no-buy period :whistle:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe have two stars? These are earrings. But you could just use the two stars as circled in the image. have the stars in diamonds.

but I don't like that gold bit clasping the gem at the bottom. You might want to ask her to make that part less obvious.

stars earrings_LI.jpg

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Duyen, these are the cold spots of stone I was stalking about, in jadeite bangles. I contemplated buying this but did not in the end. This is from Wandajewelry2013 of Etsy. I did not buy from her in the end because the certificates looked odd. Although she does say they are Grade A. I am not sure myself. And on one of her certificates, it sated that the bangle was jadeite, but then had an SG of 3.17 which did not look right. You can look on earlier posts and see what others think as well.

But you can see the circled spots. They are brownish. Not the usual white clouds. Just brownish or grey. These can weaken the bangle because it is predominantly stone. This is from past experience. I once had a bangle which broke at that area and discovered that it was jadeite mixed with stone bits. It was not a treated bangle. Just the way it formed.

The tricky thing is, in pictures, these can look like white clouds. I suppose the greyer and browner these areas, the less pure the green in these areas and the weaker these areas too.

Bangle 4_LI.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
:wink2:
You know what, I have discovered today one brand new phenomenon : I can now buy by proxy thanks to you !!!
Very effective solution when you are on a no-buy period :whistle:

@Duyen What is buying by proxy?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not sure I understand too. You mean when people buy and you witness it? Experiential watching? Hehehe

Trying to wind down after packing and played around with these leuco garnet studs too small for my usual diamond jackets, but just nice as a donut holder.

20190106_011730.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Or, have a tiny fish, pointing downwards, all in diamonds or tsavorites and diamonds, biting the donut.

These are earrings. The donuts here in this picture are small, so the fishes are bigger.

Your bigger donut, can have a smaller diamond fish. Coins.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Duyen What is buying by proxy?
Haha, I get it now. I thought like oh, I can do that too!

Proxy so I feel less bad. And I get it all anyway. How wonderful. But wait, I spending anyway, so why proxy?

Then I finally understood, took me a while, like someone buys and you celebrate like it is yours. :lol:

Took a lot of maths to figure that one out.:lol:

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Or, have a tiny fish, pointing downwards, all in diamonds or tsavorites and diamonds, biting the donut.

These are earrings. The donuts here in this picture are small, so the fishes are bigger.

Chaik, you are a treasure!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Have a diamond in the middle,or drop the stone in the middle.

Fish is the clasp of the pendant, just to clarify. Have it so the tail is a loop and you thread a gold chain through that when you want to wear it. But twist the fish so it hangs the right way. Don’t know how to explain. But you don’t want to end up with the fish belly up with ugly side showing. Just plenty diamonds all round so it is a 3D fish.

Oh, now I want fish jadeite.

Last edited:

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Not sure I understand too. You mean when people buy and you witness it? Experiential watching? Hehehe

Trying to wind down after packing and played around with these leuco garnet studs too small for my usual diamond jackets, but just nice as a donut holder.

20190106_011730.jpg

Sorry I was unclear.
It is a French expression I tried to translate but obviously did not succeed in conveying the right idea -though @Burmesedaze has guessed it right : not buying, but watching others buy and live it just as if you were the one who actually buys.
It is like you were very very hot and thirsty but you succeed to kind of quench your thirst by just watching someone else drinking a big glass of cold water.
See the idea ? I don’t know how to express it adequately ?

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Haha, I get it now. I thought like oh, I can do that too!

Proxy so I feel less bad. And I get it all anyway. How wonderful. But wait, I spending anyway, so why proxy?

Then I finally understood, took me a while, like someone buys and you celebrate like it is yours. :lol:

Took a lot of maths to figure that one out.:lol:

Yessssssss !!!!!
You get it right !!!!! :clap::dance:

Duyen

Rough_Rock

Oh how I love that idea !!!
So beautiful, and what a great way of using differently donuts !

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Hehe you know you do! Especially as earrings!

@Duyen you're my proxy with the bangle since I can't get a real nice one. I'm sooooo excited for you to get yours!

How lovely from you @mellowyellowgirl !
I will sure post the pictures as soon as I get it, together with the 2 green Ruyi that I bought during YY live-streams.
But I think that our specs are slightly different : I am after a vivid / apple green color as a priority whereas it seems that you are more after icy texture first.

By the way, if your hand is smaller than mine, you could fit that bangle, highly recommended by shop 2 owner, that I was about to buy :
63502DC3-EC09-45CE-A29D-90F54AE3E2AB.jpeg
She thought that it was a very good value for money, with the right combination of “sunny” color and iciness, thanks to a teeny tiny fingernail impact as shown here :

9D38D018-41C9-40DA-A681-26B7BFBBF247.jpeg

Other than that, the bangle would have cost more than double its current price aka above 20’000 RMB (it is currently priced at 8900 RMB).
I was on the verge of buying it, since it was the very first time that shop 2 lady was so enthusiastic about something and that she expressed it so openly, but after my ouchy experience with the previous bangle, we both stated that for ovals, I should target 54 mm ID, this one being 53 mm.
Seems that my heart is still broken with that decision.

So if your hand can easily fit a 51 mm or, even a 50 mm, it is worth enquiring further.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
coins-jpg.668715

Every time I see this I laugh! I dare you to do this, Burmesedaze. What fun!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I was unclear.
It is a French expression I tried to translate but obviously did not succeed in conveying the right idea -though @Burmesedaze has guessed it right : not buying, but watching others buy and live it just as if you were the one who actually buys.
It is like you were very very hot and thirsty but you succeed to kind of quench your thirst by just watching someone else drinking a big glass of cold water.
See the idea ? I don’t know how to express it adequately ?
One way to say this in English would be that you are "living vicariously through Burmesedaze" ;-)

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@Duyen, these are the cold spots of stone I was stalking about, in jadeite bangles. I contemplated buying this but did not in the end. This is from Wandajewelry2013 of Etsy. I did not buy from her in the end because the certificates looked odd. Although she does say they are Grade A. I am not sure myself. And on one of her certificates, it sated that the bangle was jadeite, but then had an SG of 3.17 which did not look right. You can look on earlier posts and see what others think as well.

But you can see the circled spots. They are brownish. Not the usual white clouds. Just brownish or grey. These can weaken the bangle because it is predominantly stone. This is from past experience. I once had a bangle which broke at that area and discovered that it was jadeite mixed with stone bits. It was not a treated bangle. Just the way it formed.

The tricky thing is, in pictures, these can look like white clouds. I suppose the greyer and browner these areas, the less pure the green in these areas and the weaker these areas too.

Bangle 4_LI.jpg

Hi @ChaiK , thanks so so so much for taking the time to explain about the brownish or grey spots :kiss2:
I have checked again the pictures of the bangle, but did only see whitish spots.
Let’s see how they look in real life when I receive it.

I too was very very tempted to buy from Wanda. But thanks to the reviews about her that I have read in this thread (I have told you that you have played a good part in my recent jade education ;-) ), and also in a French gemologist website specilized in Jade (https://www.eurojade.fr/fr/52-jade-jadeite-nephrite/jade-traitements-imitations-arnaques, just in case you read French), I ended up steering clear.
Her prices are just too good to be true, plus, nobody has fully given credit yet to that laboratory she uses. I still remember that Vietnam’s biggest plague, bribery, has worked its way even into the country’s everyday life. So we are never too safe.

Again, thank you so much for your explanations.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Duyen

Still on a ban alas! I can do a 52 to 56 round but I don't fancy my chances with an oval. The oval clasp bangles I own seem awfully small and I can't imagine squeezing into any of them even the Whiteflash one which is roomier as far as oval bangles go.

I think the one you ended up buying is a great colour too so I'm super excited!

And I can't wait to see @ChaiK scenic pendants and hulu ring. Lol I'm waiting for your post people just as keenly as you guys :lol:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fishies are amazeballs!!! They remind me of a CS version of seaglow's jadeite fish dangles from last year.

But I don't know how to properly work with settings factory on this and also, they may steal the thunder from jadeite itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results