shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@peacechick, I also meant to say, I don't think Yokdee dresses up her pictures. It could simply be the phone. Like the FB Lady. The pictures they provide are always lovely.

The phone, well at least my Samsung Note 10, loves green and will capture it very well. When you ask FB lady for extra pics, FB lady takes a lot of shots in different lighting. Same with Nandar of Ultimate Jadeite.

Regarding budget you never know. FB Lady once had a lavender priced at USD750 which looked not too bad. I don't understand pricing also. Like some can be as high as 13 000 usd and some at 6 400 usd and others around 1 to 2 K. They all look beautiful.

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the original earrings posted. There will be similar patterns in the future but materials can be different. Some with color patches or hints of color, and some are more translucent than others, some thicker. There will be lots of opportunity in the future so no need to rush if budget is restrictive.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha, no, this one is probably out of my budget. If I’m keen, I will go down to her shop to see in person, that’s always better.

Has anyone bought from Jadeite Galleria on Etsy? They are based in Singapore also but have never heard anyone mention them.

I've not but just browsed their site after reading your post.

I think this bangle is reasonable with lovely colours. If the buyer can live with the slight flecks.

https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/...-a-jadeite?ref=shop_home_active_4&pro=1&frs=1

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My phone does some strange things in terms of colour. I have a bracelet from Yokdee that photographs up to be a BRIGHT fresh green and yellow. In real life it is nice but not that fresh. It would be totally misleading if I sold that.

Then my green cab always comes out a lot darker than in real life. It is much fresher and nicer in real life.

Then there are other gems like the pink zircon, green tourmaline, pink sapphire, lavender beads etc which are true to colour.

All on the same phone so go figure!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're all buying lace earrings and leaving me behind!!!! Booohoooo *wails*

I don't want to feel like I failed and caved so this is really testing me!

@ChaiK hehe I'm hoping if I wait long enough Jasmine will have a weirdly priced lavender bangle or cab!!! Or at least one that I adore and think is a score at the right price. I adore my green cab! Like seriously for the amount I spent vs my obsession with it, it was a VERY good buy.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
You're all buying lace earrings and leaving me behind!!!! Booohoooo *wails*

I don't want to feel like I failed and caved so this is really testing me!

@ChaiK hehe I'm hoping if I wait long enough Jasmine will have a weirdly priced lavender bangle or cab!!! Or at least one that I adore and think is a score at the right price. I adore my green cab! Like seriously for the amount I spent vs my obsession with it, it was a VERY good buy.

I am now on a ban. I will keep you company. Gulp swallow. Cannot buy. I won't buy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Colour origin question to be asked: WWW

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colour origin question to be asked: WWW
Saw this before and what a head scratcher...That just looks so much like Sugilite to me...even the shine !.:think::think:...but they say it is. Very unusual indeed.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now on a ban. I will keep you company. Gulp swallow. Cannot buy. I won't buy.

hehe how long are you aiming to be on this ban for?

Me = 1st March 2019

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I've not but just browsed their site after reading your post.

I think this bangle is reasonable with lovely colours. If the buyer can live with the slight flecks.

https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/...-a-jadeite?ref=shop_home_active_4&pro=1&frs=1

That one is pretty! I think this one is lovely too but too small for me:
https://etsy.me/2KiCueo

I was considering their bargain basement lavender bangle but the chips on it are probably more than I can accept.

I do believe they sell Grade A as I asked and they will send to NGI for the usual vendor rate.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, same. No smallies. One big huge green green green cab and three buddhas only. And I am not even going to look at other gems at all. Deal. We on ban.

Deal!

I did get an aqua and a tourmaline but one is to be a potential present and they were from my Caratzone refund so not counted right :D

And if you find your Buddhas or perfect green cab you must be allowed to jump in!

But nothing else yes? We start fresh?

Do you Buddhas need to be all the same size? What about colour? Sounds like an awesome project! Labour of love!

I have to admit the lace earrings are making me a bit sad but @Seaglow made me feel better saying there will be more!

She even had a second pair of bows eventually!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Deal!

Do you Buddhas need to be all the same size? What about colour? Sounds like an awesome project! Labour of love!

I bought 5 buddhas from FB lady. When they come, I show you which type I am looking for. I am wanting white with green bellies. Just three more to go.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That one is pretty! I think this one is lovely too but too small for me:
https://etsy.me/2KiCueo

I was considering their bargain basement lavender bangle but the chips on it are probably more than I can accept.

I do believe they sell Grade A as I asked and they will send to NGI for the usual vendor rate.

Looks A jade to me. I can tell from the beads their stock is cut in Myanmar. Not China :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, same. No smallies. One big huge green green green cab and three buddhas only. And I am not even going to look at other gems at all. Deal. We on ban.

I support the big green cab and I am sure yours will be way nicer than mine!

There are plenty of good greens in Myanmar for sale by private traders. Just a matter of price. Market prefers greeeeeeeeeen.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Looks A jade to me. I can tell from the beads their stock is cut in Myanmar. Not China :)

How can you tell?

Oh, if only my dream huge big green cab ring could touch the green of yours. Yours is crazy beautiful. :love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If on

How can you tell?

Oh, if only my dream huge big green cab ring could touch the green of yours. Yours is crazy beautiful. :love::love::love::love::love:

Compare the etsy seller's to FB. Beads are not as round in shape. Less uniform :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those 2 are a good price and probably won't come by again at the same pricepoint.

My friend's reserved pair is the same price as my 2 greens. Really no "standard" pricing.

Here are photos of his pair with my new tinier cabs. We were comparing colours. His leans towards blue.

20181111_140041.jpg 20181111_140031.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was eyeing this pair of lav jadeite earrings from FB and asked for a video. Passed on it in the end. Pics and screengrab below.

Capture+_2018-11-21-00-05-38.png Capture+_2018-11-19-18-34-19.png

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Burmesedaze, I meant, how can you tell it is grade A?

I love that green. So lovely.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I was eyeing this pair of lav jadeite earrings from FB and asked for a video. Passed on it in the end. Pics and screengrab below.

Capture+_2018-11-21-00-05-38.png Capture+_2018-11-19-18-34-19.png

The elephant design is really quite unusual and striking!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze, I meant, how can you tell it is grade A?

I love that green. So lovely.

Coz it looks similar to what I see in Myanmar at that pricepoint or lower and the colours aren't fantastically vivid. Some things you develop an eye for after looking at mucho and over time?

I also do the A jade or B/C jade quiz with my jewellers and other mine owners here with the items I see/ wish to buy, am curious about.

Nothing from that etsy seller is particularly precious, colourwise. No suspicious migration of colours too.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Saw this before and what a head scratcher...

I trust the seller can offer a gemmology lesson if asked in all seriousness. I am not buying, so not asking either... assuming that they have some open question (perhaps on colour origin, or mineral composition, or both, complete with open-ended GIA - possibly) or simply no serious request for such unusual object...

thinking out loud

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

With her lavenders, I usually tone down the color of the hands to represent an actual skin color because most are pinkish. The white background also tend to be pinkish so I adjust the background to white. The stones appear darker than they are in this case. Here’s a toned down photo of the strand which I assume is the realistic color.

33ED3798-1732-4464-9DE1-81CAACCB3CE0.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow thanks @Seaglow! That is different!

Not a bad colour! I'm not after beads myself but I liked that they were so shiny and purple (well before the colour factor was fixed)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On another note, my first dragon and phoenix bin purchase arrived! I’m pleased with them.

The earrings... great carving, nice texture, polish and translucency, but not preferred color. This is considered a dull color in jadeite but I like these teal colors!

The pendant is also nice, not really big. The size that I like to maintain some elegance instead of a medallion look. :) I placed my Mahenge spinel and copper-bearing tourmaline enhancer beside the pendant for a realistic size comparison. Sometimes, the carved pendants in photos appear bigger than they actually are.

28A4C585-022C-4684-BCA9-0D1A083546A7.jpeg 40D3F82D-B0AF-4813-A2F5-96637CCCB7D6.jpeg CB16A0D3-A795-45C8-863A-9374824192B0.jpeg 90C9A243-A539-430D-9678-B6E5FAD18C53.jpeg

Attachments

• 1FAE789A-6EF3-4631-8AA1-3F4378EC143F.jpeg
    1FAE789A-6EF3-4631-8AA1-3F4378EC143F.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 49
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results