shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK is this Jasmine? She won't give me any discount on my stuff! Only 5%! It is cheaper stuff though...

Your earrings, are you talking about the round lacy ones? There are two pairs! One with three tiny gems stuck in it and one without! It's very confusing but the top is different I think! I had to look hard to spot the three gems they stuck in the other one.

Loved your story about your husband! He sounds so cute!!!!! Did you say yes right after?

Pink Bandit used all his scholarship money to buy me a terribly cut diamond that the folks on PS would flip out if they saw it. I promised to marry him but secretly I thought we were very young and maybe I wouldn't end up with him (I was 19, I was very a sketchy person when I was 19!!!).

I did marry him in the end because he was cute, easy going, kind and did not irritate me like the boys I met at work and uni.

There are three pairs. I am assuming she sent the right one to Seaglow. Then the wrong one to me. And this one. So three. I had her remove the gems. Plus, because she made that error, she is sending me some free stuff. I simply wanted the right pair of earrings. And she was lightning fast and good about the whole thing - got it sorted in a flash for me.

I think when very high price, you can knock it down. Like your usual high street stores. Sometimes, she will refuse. Then I walk away. But I have yet to buy expensive item from her. Something always gets in the way.

And, yes, I did marry my husband. So he always has to buy me jadeite. Hehe. ;)2

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
So this is the correct one.
Ruyi old one 2.jpg

And this was the one she sent out by mistake. This has now been returned to her. I wanted bigger Ruyi. All very pretty. Just I wanted the original pair with bigger ruyi.
Ruyi new one 2.jpg

Attachments

• Lace earrings.jpg
    Lace earrings.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 21

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good spotting! I had to look a few times to spot it even with you circling it!

I thought the pair you picked had a different upper hook (that was the first pair I saw on the website)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the original one posted. Even with the same concept design, there will be slight differences because the carver will take out as much as possible cracks and spots and high relief discolorations. These are not machine-carved but hand-carved with an electric tool, so everything is up to the carver instead of a strictly followed pattern. If you see the 3 earrings, there is a design concept but they are all different with each other on some details.

237F0F71-9958-44E1-B9AD-4A76250A1341.jpeg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I got the original one posted. Even with the same concept design, there will be slight differences because the carver will take out as much as possible cracks and spots and high relief discolorations. These are not machine-carved but hand-carved with an electric tool, so everything is up to the carver instead of a strictly followed pattern. If you see the 3 earrings, there is a design concept but they are all different with each other on some details.

237F0F71-9958-44E1-B9AD-4A76250A1341.jpeg

I think your original pair is the best of the three. Plus Jasmine was so good about it. Any normal person would think I was crazy for noticing the differences. She just said ok. She would fix it for me.

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems you bargain very hard with her. She does soften and I have seen her knock prices down by 2K or 3. I have not bought from her. But one time, I was after a green cab. 8K and she was willing to go down to 6 k. Or something dumb like 13K and she was willing to go down to 6 to 8 k. Can't remember. I did not want to pay more than 3 k for that one. Size and all not right. Only hit the colour and translucency box. So you bargain. And today is Black Friday. And walk away if price is not right. Because there will always be the right one that will come around.

Jadeite is like that. Two days ago, I had bought a pair of lace earrings from FB lady. Then they sent me a pair that was not the right one. And she told me the piece was gone, the one I had bought. It was an error on their part and she was so sorry about it. And it really was not her fault, because the lace carvings, they look similar. But that old piece, the one I had originally bought, it turned up yesterday. And she quickly rang the factory and got that for me. So I really think the right piece, if it is meant to be, will go to you.

Or like the bangles my husband bought for me, the first pair. Many many years ago. I had refused to marry him and he had hunted high and low for the bangles. And then they had sold. And he had to take a bus to go to the buyer and beg and buy them off him (and bargain for them too). A foreigner with very little money in my country, taking a bus to hunt down a pair of bangles. It did make me laugh at him then. But how could I say no the second time?

I’ve heard others says the same thing if the jade piece is meant to be yours it will be.

Your story is so cute, reminds me of an episode of Friends when Chandler was shopping for an engagement ring and it was sold to someone else and he had to chase down the guy and pay a higher price to get it back! Your husband is certainly persistent and determined, glad it worked out for both of you. :mrgreen:

But what you cannot see is that this bangle will have a lot of white crystals. I don't have the bangle with me. But I already know what it will be like (not because I am experienced, but because I am forever buying this type).

You can sort of see some trace, in the sunlight, of the tiny tiny very fine white crystals. It won't be sugary. It will just be a lot of fine white crystals and the texture will be fine. This is why, in the normal light, it will look like the colour has faded. And this is the fun part. Because when you look at it in normal light, and you look closely, it will look like a fog on or in the bangle, sort of like a moving fog. And in another light, it does not need to be bright light, sometimes, it can be dim light, it will glow and be very green. This type of bangle is like this.

I’m trying to research the crystal phenomenon, so jadeite is made of different minerals and the base material is different from green part, it has to do with the translucency type. Eg instead of icy it is less translucent types porridge like or bean paste, bigger crystals.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
4A9E1A9D-7966-4280-998C-25F9728B0E6C.jpeg 4E71B434-2981-4CCA-BE34-2173792ED632.jpeg

A website was talking about soft indoor versus natural light, same bangle but looks so much better indoor.

Also is this what you mean by white crystals?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
4A9E1A9D-7966-4280-998C-25F9728B0E6C.jpeg 4E71B434-2981-4CCA-BE34-2173792ED632.jpeg

A website was talking about soft indoor versus natural light, same bangle but looks so much better indoor.

Also is this what you mean by white crystals?

I think so. Yes. But I think the first picture is brighter light with yellow tinge. Maybe the yellow from the background affects how I am seeing the bangle. And maybe I prefer finer finer crystals.

In any case, what a lovely bangle. I love them all.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So this is the correct one.
Ruyi old one 2.jpg

And this was the one she sent out by mistake. This has now been returned to her. I wanted bigger Ruyi. All very pretty. Just I wanted the original pair with bigger ruyi.
Ruyi new one 2.jpg

I think the pair you received, other than different carving, has a green splotch? The original looks white white with no splotch.

Fingers crossed on the replacement!

Love reading about your hubby's hunt :)

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Considering this pair. Natural colour natural jadeite. Certified by PNJ lab, although one certificate has an error on specific gravity. Asking price is USD1800 for the all three. Help! Should I?

jade bangle Pair 2.jpg

Jade bangle Pair 3.jpg
Jade bangle Pair 4.jpg
Jade bangle Pair 5.jpg

Oh, and including this one. All three deal.

lavender 55 3.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can't comment as I don't know the typical pricing but there's always leeway to negotiate? :)

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
They're not like brilliant quality either, tbh. Ok. Not buying.
I have so many of the same type. I am on a ban.
That was the negotiated price. 1800 for all three.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK those bangles (especially the green pair) I'd be happy with them by my standards and budget.

But you can do better and have better ones so I wouldn't touch it if I were you! Wear one of your gorgeous ones!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seller says this one is not treated. There is a certificate from PNJ Lab of Vietnam. The certificate states natural jadeite natural jade.

PNJ Lab.jpg
Any thoughts on PNJ lab of Vietnam? This same seller also has good looking lavender jade bangles, but I'm wondering if the pricing is too good to be true for grade A.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK I think I just answered my own question. The eBay seller vintagejewelry2012tue has a large number of bangles for sale, all with PNJ certs. The specific gravity stated on these certs varies widely, with many at 3.11, 3.17, 3.18, and 3.23. Also the dimensions of the bangles are remarkably consistent.

Personally, I wouldn't touch one of these pieces with a ten foot barge pole. :eek2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK I think I just answered my own question. The eBay seller vintagejewelry2012tue has a large number of bangles for sale, all with PNJ certs. The specific gravity stated on these certs varies widely, with many at 3.11, 3.17, 3.18, and 3.23. Also the dimensions of the bangles are remarkably consistent.

Personally, I wouldn't touch one of these pieces with a ten foot barge pole. :eek2:

Exactly. I don’t know about the eBay seller, but it smells funny.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
But what you cannot see is that this bangle will have a lot of white crystals. ... in the normal light, it will look like the colour has faded. ... it will look like a fog on or in the bangle, sort of like a moving fog. And in another light, it does not need to be bright light, sometimes, it can be dim light, it will glow and be very green.

You Love Jade ! This sort of description are very dangerous for me...

_

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I keep whinging to seaglow someone with great sleuthing abilities should ferret out the jade factories that supply FB and other sellers. We should just mount a shopping trip to source!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Considering this pair. Natural colour natural jadeite. Certified by PNJ lab, although one certificate has an error on specific gravity. Asking price is USD1800 for the all three. Help! Should I?

jade bangle Pair 2.jpg
Exactly. I don’t know about the eBay seller, but it smells funny.

This Ebay seller, vintagejewelry2012tue has PNJ 107759, the same as shown in your post, but priced at USD1,692 for just the one. Americans have to pay higher price!!!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Translucen...h=item41f2c8a0ba:g:e-4AAOSwDP1buUhR:rk:7:pf:0

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Lovinggems Australian FB lady had this one. She priced it at between 2 to 5 K Aus$. Not sure if price difference between this one and the one Jasmine FB lady has is because of the colour (Jasmine has an all green one). This is so pretty. Maybe you can ask the Australian FB lady.

But can you see, that this one, there is like a crack in the middle, on the north side of the bangle, where the patch of green is? The carving hides this type of defects.

Australian FB lady bangle.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems Australian FB lady had this one. She priced it at between 2 to 5 K Aus$. Not sure if price difference between this one and the one Jasmine FB lady has is because of the colour (Jasmine has an all green one). This is so pretty. Maybe you can ask the Australian FB lady.

But can you see, that this one, there is like a crack in the middle, on the north side of the bangle, where the patch of green is? The carving hides this type of defects.

Australian FB lady bangle.jpg

@ChaiK I can’t see the crack :eek2:, that’s not good better get my future purchases vetted by you guys.

I would like one but my budget is already maxed by one floating flower bangle, maybe a couple of years later...also I have many unset stones and it doesn’t look like I’ll get around to setting them anytime soon...

No harm in creating a virtual jadeite bangle Wishlist and I’ll continue to window shop. :oops2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@ChaiK I can’t see the crack :eek2:, that’s not good better get my future purchases vetted by you guys.

I would like one but my budget is already maxed by one floating flower bangle, maybe a couple of years later...also I have many unset stones and it doesn’t look like I’ll get around to setting them anytime soon...

No harm in creating a virtual jadeite bangle Wishlist and I’ll continue to window shop. :oops2:

Here, I think :)

Capture+_2018-11-25-10-17-23.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze that bangle is so amazing! Cracked be damned, I love it anyway!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results