shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of JKT

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhh, I see. The sketches ARE a lot more like the inspiration pic than the finished product turned out to be. Again I think it's a function of the number and sizes of the stones, but Julia should have communicated better with you.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
According to your timeline Julia drew sketches before she saw your stones in person. I agree with Jstar, the number and size of the stones are probably the reason why the key isn’t closer to the sketch. It looks like the spaces between the stones are pretty close to how the sketch looks. I don’t really know how the key could have been smaller and still have all the stones in the same placement. I guess the bottom could have been shorter but then the proportions would be off. Plus, the key would be even wider and bigger if the shape was more like your inspiration picture. I don’t know... nothing is exactly like the hand drawn sketch.

I don’t think the chain is a big deal because it’s an easy thing to fix. The bezel work is the main problem with the piece. I’m still wondering if you told Julia you were unhappy with the bezels after you noticed them. If you didn’t tell her you weren’t happy she probably just assumed that everything was good and you were happy with the key. If there had been better communication on both sides I don’t think any of this would really be as big of an issue.

Also, were you originally okay with her pushing back the deadline? Or were you kind of upset about it but didn’t really communicate that? It looks like it was about 6-7 weeks from the time you agreed on the design and you received the finished piece. I do think she should have been able to make the original deadline, but the time frame doesn’t seem totally unreasonable to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results