shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparklequest is having a sale

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sparklequest, the etsy storefront for Rogue Gems, is having a sale: 20% off everything until august 31st. They are the folk that supplied a gorgeous set of sunstones for Flygirl. They have a lot of interesting cabs and are very affordable.

While my gemstone budget ran out a while I go, I couldn't pass this up. So after a little "rearranging", I got a few pieces for myself.

3.64ct sunstone cab

il_430xN_156739689.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The matching stones for earrings (4.4tcw)

il_430xN_161044999.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And a huge (12.5ct!) rutillated quartz for a ring. I once said I liked small stones for rings - apparently, I lied...

il_430xN_137222312.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love huge rutilated quartz rings.........congrats! it will be striking and unusual.

MoZo

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great purchases, Lady Disdain! They're all beautiful but I especially like the sunstone set :love:

Thank you for sharing the sale info. I really enjoyed looking at their site!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Way cool...I just added a sunstone to my little collection, love the patterns of the schiller in those!

Laura

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool inclusions in those stones, like copper and gold!! :naughty:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you like the Rogue Gems jewelry, Lady_Disdain. Here is a link to my pieces after setting, in case people are interested.
colored-stones/oregon-sunstone-jewelry-t142584.html
colored-stones/oregon-sunstone-jewelry-t142584.html

The great thing about sunstone and quartz is that it doesn't break the bank, and is so awesome to look at. I hope you like your pieces when they arrive. Please post some more pictures. :appl:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad you all like them! It was tough narrowing the choice down to these. I really wanted a large agate for a barette, but maybe next time.

Now, let's hope the mail cooperates. I am still waiting for a package from Thailand and it's been a month :(sad .

MZ - rutilated quartz looks so good in large sizes, doesn't it? I have a baby rutilated quartz and it just doesn't show up as nicely.

Largosmon - you certainly should! Both cabs and faceted stones with schiller are amazing!

TL - they have a nice quartz cab with incredible red rutile as well. I have no idea what those are, as I have never seen red needles.

Flygirl - it is all your fault, you know! :tongue: But yes, very affordable. I needed a little gem pick me up and I can have fun setting these.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
LD...I already have, lol! I purchased my first asscher as a suntone from Peter Torraca and it arrived Friday. I need to photograph it and give it a thread. I've been lurking on ebay and other places looking for sunstones for several weeks! I like them and they are quite affordable. My local jeweler has a couple in his collection that have a wonderful little flashy sparkle, and that sent me looking. He gave me a couple of lesser quality stones, that have some schiller in them and I've yet to get them under the camera, though have played with them and the loupe!

I look forward to seeing more photos of these when you get them. I like the "haystack" straw look of the Rutile Quartz as well. Sometimes they look a bit messy, but I think this one is very nice..a few straws at angles for interest.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, that was dangerous: i bought a piece of AZ chrysocolla and an orange moonstone.

MoZo

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
well, that was dangerous: i bought a piece of AZ chrysocolla and an orange moonstone.

MoZo
Ah, you got the lovely chrysocolla cab! I've been watching that pretty. Please post pictures when it arrives. Are you thinking of a pendant? I've been stalking pretty cabs for a bracelet, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a ring for the chrysocolla. i have a chrysocolla ring already that most think is turquoise......but this new cab coming my way has the look of a "monet" painting to my eye. and despite its size, it will still be smaller than my other cabs.

will try for a photo...skills aren't that great.....

MoZo

ps the prices certainly can't be complained about!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see it! Who do you think will make the ring for you?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
probably this guy: robertsilversmith.com

i have 11 or 13 of his rings already, including a rutilated quartz.....but the gold rutile is very very fine/thin.

and what will you do with the sunstone?

the rutilated quartz would be magnificent in gold given its strong broad rutilation.

MoZo

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lady D, gorgeous cabs! I can't wait to see what you do with them. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyD,
Gorgeous sunstones! Gotta love the schiller! The rutilated quartz is no slouch either.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the cabs LD! Do you have plans for them already? The Etsy store has quite a few things I liked-I really was digging the one w/the red!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
movie zombie said:
probably this guy: robertsilversmith.com

i have 11 or 13 of his rings already, including a rutilated quartz.....but the gold rutile is very very fine/thin.

and what will you do with the sunstone?

the rutilated quartz would be magnificent in gold given its strong broad rutilation.

MoZo

I was thinking of a high carat gold bezel on a silver ring. I am not sure I can carry off a gold ring of that size!

Chrono - the quartz better not slouch around! It was more expensive than the all the sunstones combined. But clean rutilated quartz of a decent size is getting very hard to find and most of it is snapped up by large jewelry houses and China.

I have no idea what to do with the sunstones. I was thinking of RG (sorry, LD!), to go with the pink copper schiller but I haven't thought of a specific design. Any ideas, PSers?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if the sunstone might look nice in an east-west bezel setting kinda ring, like that aqua cab one of the other PScopers did recently (I'm a bit obsessed with that ring though!). I'm so bad with names though so I can never remember who had what to go look it up.

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results