shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Something pretty during a dreary time - feel free to add yours!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new diamond arrived. It's just fine and will do the trick.

Just as soon as I work out what the trick is....

:mrgreen:

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
My 2 jewelry obsessions are antique jewelry (mostly Victorian although I have a few Georgian pieces) and Marla Aaron. And they’re surprisingly easy to blend.

I’m an engineer, so the DIY/mix-and-match nature of the locks and chains really appeals to me. Sometimes, they’re just plain fun to play with, even when I’m not leaving the house or going anywhere! I can also get lost on Marla’s Instagram for hours! I love the creativity in how different people style their locks.

My favorites is the yellow gold medium stoned lock with antique diamonds, this one was a collaboration with JbG, and was also the first one I purchased. It is probably the one I wear most often. I even wore the antique diamond one and the yellow gold stoned baby lock with the rubies as part of my wedding jewelry!

I’ll have to look and see if there’s an existing Marla Aaron thread and if not, maybe I’ll start one.

3898A80D-8B6D-41BC-8130-7FD14D9367DD.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to believe we are six months into this thread...

7094B4D5-6F3B-43BE-9BC7-F3AFC6674391.jpeg

@Kaycee2018 - I think I asked you this before, but now I can't find your answer, I'm sorry! (Too scatterbrained!) Where was this aken, pls? It just looks so restful and beautiful! And - where can you get a...hotel room?...so close to the water's edge? I need a getaway - in the worst possible way - and am looking for somewhere to go.

And btw - that whole photo just does it for me. The setting, the jewelry, the ambiance of it - yowza! Just perfect!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kaycee2018 - I think I asked you this before, but now I can't find your answer, I'm sorry! (Too scatterbrained!) Where was this aken, pls? It just looks so restful and beautiful! And - where can you get a...hotel room?...so close to the water's edge? I need a getaway - in the worst possible way - and am looking for somewhere to go.

And btw - that whole photo just does it for me. The setting, the jewelry, the ambiance of it - yowza! Just perfect!

Thanks @mrs-b ! I‘m in Florida, where there are lots of beaches with hotels and condos directly on them. This is New Smyrna Beach, which Is a non-touristy beach town (mostly locals and snowbirds, etc). There are no chain restaurants or stores on the beach side and they have height restrictions on the buildings, so no high rises. There are only a couple 3-4 story hotels at the north end where driving/parking on the beach is allowed, but we always stay on the no-drive part of the beach further south in friends condos or an AirBNB. We’ve talked about buying something here for years, but were hesitant because we travel so much. Of course with COVID it seems like now Is a great time, but I’m holding out hope that we’ll be on a plane again soon. I’m missing travel so much too. We are only comfortable doing car trips within a days drive (8-10 hours), so our options are limited. Hope you are able to get away soon!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b ! I‘m in Florida, where there are lots of beaches with hotels and condos directly on them. This is New Smyrna Beach, which Is a non-touristy beach town (mostly locals and snowbirds, etc). There are no chain restaurants or stores on the beach side and they have height restrictions on the buildings, so no high rises. There are only a couple 3-4 story hotels at the north end where driving/parking on the beach is allowed, but we always stay on the no-drive part of the beach further south in friends condos or an AirBNB. We’ve talked about buying something here for years, but were hesitant because we travel so much. Of course with COVID it seems like now Is a great time, but I’m holding out hope that we’ll be on a plane again soon. I’m missing travel so much too. We are only comfortable doing car trips within a days drive (8-10 hours), so our options are limited. Hope you are able to get away soon!

I really need to make a mental note of this, @Kaycee2018 - it looks like exactly what I'm after. I hear you on the no-flying thing. I've still gone back and forth to LA a couple of times, but it's not comfortable flying in masks and a face shield and gloves and sanitizing one's hands every hour or so. I do it - but it's a pain, and I see plenty of people not as assiduous as me, which bothers me - especially as someone who has had cancer and who also has auto immune disease.

But at SOME point we'll get away, so thank you so much for the info!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My grandmother loved jewelry. When she died, I was just one month old. Apparently when I was born, she had recently gotten this ring from an estate sale. She had a fun jewelry hobby! My mom told me that when my grandma met me for the first time after coming home from the hospital, she looked down at her new ring and told my mom, “When I die, I want her to have this.” She died that next month! Of heart failure in my grandpa’s arms, dancing at a Christmas party. I rarely wear it, but it is a treasure to me!

52568CA8-D143-4056-B062-3F5BED7CF320.jpeg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had all my jewelry out today, polishing pearls and just having fun looking through things.

I miss my outdoor flea market and antique sale. Our area has a huge one May-October (monthly). I have a Belais white gold ring engraved with 6-12-26, and I have gotten a handful of other fun, inexpensive things Through the years. I just love looking. The thrill of the hunt! Here is a Krementz brooch I found in a huge mix of costume jewelry for $3. I wear it in the winter with red or pink dresses. I really love it!

More on the company:

E1109F71-FC67-42DF-99DF-CC98DA888D54.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My husband planted an althea/rose of Sharon right outside our kitchen nook window last year. This year it has tripled in size, and in the last few weeks is blooming like crazy.
I finally bought a new cell phone and have been having fun taking organic bling pics with the althea blossoms.
20200912_142159.jpg
20200912_135310.jpg
A few days ago, I was standing by the plant, and suddenly a little hummingbird came up to feast. He was so fast, I missed a pic of him! My dh told me, oh he's been coming around a lot. Well, this morning I finally got pics of him!
20200912_130818.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband planted an althea/rose of Sharon right outside our kitchen nook window last year. This year it has tripled in size, and in the last few weeks is blooming like crazy.
I finally bought a new cell phone and have been having fun taking organic bling pics with the althea blossoms.
20200912_142159.jpg
20200912_135310.jpg
A few days ago, I was standing by the plant, and suddenly a little hummingbird came up to feast. He was so fast, I missed a pic of him! My dh told me, oh he's been coming around a lot. Well, this morning I finally got pics of him!
20200912_130818.jpg

Your ring is so freaking gorgeous! I stop and stare every time I come across a pic of it. :kiss2:

That hummingbird pic is so neat. That must have been such an awesome moment for you.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 thank you! I was having fun catching the pink in my facets, I figured PS'ers would "get it" more than anyone else. I appreciate the compliment and you know I'm very patiently waiting for your avc!

I am going to try to get better pics of that hummingbird. He's literally no bigger than my thumb and lightning fast so he's hard to capture !

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech -

Re your grandmother's ring -

One of the most beautiful PS stories I've ever read. How incredibly precious!

<3

I wish I knew more about where the rest of her collection went. My mom has a costume piece (synthetic stones with yellow gold ring) that was so dreamy to me as a kid. I’ll have to take a pic when I’m home next! Lab Citrine with ruby sides.

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
I'm not very good at taking pictures, but this is my all time favorite. This was taken shortly after I was engaged, at a local nursery. I can't believe our 1 year anniversary is in a few weeks! 20180524_141345.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 thank you! I was having fun catching the pink in my facets, I figured PS'ers would "get it" more than anyone else. I appreciate the compliment and you know I'm very patiently waiting for your avc!

I am going to try to get better pics of that hummingbird. He's literally no bigger than my thumb and lightning fast so he's hard to capture !

I hope you get more pics of him. I love hummingbirds!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200912_142159.jpg
20200912_135310.jpg
20200912_130818.jpg

Your ring is so beautiful @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and the pics are fantastic. Love that sweet hummingbird :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results