shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Something pretty during a dreary time - feel free to add yours!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmon, are the quilts you are working on 'in the hoop' designs on a embroidery machine? They look beautiful! I have quite a few of them but have not tried a single one. I use an apple computer and am not very savvy about transferring the designs. I wish I was able to do this. It looks so satisfying. I finished a piece that I am going to turn into a pillow yesterday and I was never so glad to be done with a piece.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmon, are the quilts you are working on 'in the hoop' designs on a embroidery machine? They look beautiful! I have quite a few of them but have not tried a single one. I use an apple computer and am not very savvy about transferring the designs. I wish I was able to do this. It looks so satisfying. I finished a piece that I am going to turn into a pillow yesterday and I was never so glad to be done with a piece.

Yes, basically in the hoop. You still need a regular sewing machine to attach the blocks together then back and quilt them. You should do it! the are so much fun. Here is my completed Fall quilt. Still waiting on my fabric for my Hawaiian quilt.

IMG_7555.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow your Bubbalah is my most favorite OEC.

@missy may I reach out to you on IG? I want you to see something for me if you don’t mind.

Thank you! And yes, please feel free to reach out. I would love to help you if I could.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo...I posted this in soxfan’s eBay watch thread, but what I didn’t say is that I was the high bidder. :Up_to_something: The listing photos made this ring look pretty rough, but I figured with the seller’s generous return policy that I could take a chance.

Well, she got here today and she is much more stunning in person! Her diamond looks great considering the number of chips/naturals everywhere. She is a mess under the loupe, but lovely to the naked eye. I think her condition is reasonable for the price I paid.

Sorry to be a tease, but I’ll post better photos when the sun comes out!

8B6C3200-2316-40D6-86FB-81FA712EED59.jpeg

I have these decorative, lidded vessels but I don’t normally store anything inside. My guests always want to know what’s in them, so now there’s something!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
A red bellied woodpecker with an injured wing has come in to my life today. He finally managed to climb up a tree, but soon fell out. I carefully put him back in, and then checked on him later. .. He is napping. The nurse/animal lover in me has learned how to set his wing later.
Looks like I'll be bird tending for a few days. But he's beautiful!
Screenshot_20200409-172227.png Screenshot_20200409-172313.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He moved to a fence post, but is so obviously exhausted. He fell off. So to protect him from my curious dogs and any predators, he's now in a cardboard box ( with airholes) and bird feed and some blueberries. Hoping he can rest tonight.
20200409_182444.jpg

Aww he’s beautiful. Thanks for caring for him and praying he does well and recovers. ❤️

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
newring3.jpg

newringinfridge2.jpg newringinfridge1.jpg autumn1stbdaypix1.jpg

my most beautiful granddaughter going to be 1 this Sunday. Love this little one.

Last edited:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Yes they’re mine.

The 3-stone is an Octavia with peruzzi sides. By Yoram. I can’t capture it quite right in any pictures.

That may be one of my favorite rings ever. An Octavia is a a dream ring.

A couple of months ago I had a 7 stone asscher band made. It is 3.56 tcw and the stones are g/vs2. I sold some jewelry that I hardly ever wore to fund this. I am glad I did as I find I wear it all the time and even frequently in place of my solitaire. She sparkles like crazy. I love the ring so much that a twin is being made in 18k yellow gold with fancy intense yellow asschers of the same size. The project may take awhile given the world is focused on way more important things than my ring at the moment.

20200328_182909.jpg 20200328_183140.jpg

I'm in love, that's exquisite. If you don't mind me asking where did you source those perfect stones?

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE love love love the fur bebe and all the beautiful sparkles.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Something pretty that isn't jewelry, the Art Deco elevator lobby of the Bristol hotel in Warsaw. Not original (not much survived the war) but redone to perfection. 20191210_202031.jpg

My favorite pin of all time, it is a commemorative poppy made from spent WWI shell casings that were sold in a limited number during the Centenary. A friend in the UK bought me one and presented it to me while we were visiting in 2014
IMG_20191031_073717.jpg

My stack before 'rona robbed me of wearing my colored stones (and when it was sunny and bright) IMG_20190413_152648_207.jpg

Our local art museum does floral representations of art every year as a fundraiser. Sadly, it has been cancelled but this was one of my favorites from last year. IMG_20200322_121919_795.jpg

And my benitoites which I don't dare over wash or get hand sanitizer on.

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Something pretty that isn't jewelry, the Art Deco elevator lobby of the Bristol hotel in Warsaw. Not original (not much survived the war) but redone to perfection. 20191210_202031.jpg

My favorite pin of all time, it is a commemorative poppy made from spent WWI shell casings that were sold in a limited number during the Centenary. A friend in the UK bought me one and presented it to me while we were visiting in 2014
IMG_20191031_073717.jpg

My stack before 'rona robbed me of wearing my colored stones (and when it was sunny and bright) IMG_20190413_152648_207.jpg

Our local art museum does floral representations of art every year as a fundraiser. Sadly, it has been cancelled but this was one of my favorites from last year. IMG_20200322_121919_795.jpg

And my benitoites which I don't dare over wash or get hand sanitizer on.
20200208_143741.jpg

Did you take that lobby picture?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He moved to a fence post, but is so obviously exhausted. He fell off. So to protect him from my curious dogs and any predators, he's now in a cardboard box ( with airholes) and bird feed and some blueberries. Hoping he can rest tonight.
20200409_182444.jpg

He's beautiful! I hope he recovers. Thank you for helping him. <3

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
He's beautiful! I hope he recovers. Thank you for helping him. <3

I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer " in this thread, but sadly, he didn't make it through the night.
I examined him this a.m. and he had a puncture wound under his wing and on his head. I think he had escaped from a predator. At least he had peace and quiet last night.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I love the interplay between the artwork & the flower arrangements. They really managed to capture the essence of the painting in the flowers somehow.
I miss going to museums!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer " in this thread, but sadly, he didn't make it through the night.
I examined him this a.m. and he had a puncture wound under his wing and on his head. I think he had escaped from a predator. At least he had peace and quiet last night.

Thank you for trying. May he rest in peace.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I tried to get my dogs to sit calmly for a pic, but of course they just wanted to rough house! So I said: "Be GOOD boys" and they froze like this. Looking like a couple naughty kids that just got in trouble, - couldn't even make eye contact with me! Too funny!
20200410_184833.png

I took some cool pics in the morning light, the colors are so pretty! My phone camera doesn't usually capture what I'm seeing, I was so happy these turned out.
20200410_190346.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a smaller than average PS set that I adore - I smile whenever I pull it out. It’s a .8 colorless, VS emerald cut set EW style on a vaguely early Art Deco-y set that my custom bench made for someone who flaked on them. We tweaked the setting and flipped the orientation - so it was a steal given the jeweler was looking at a total loss otherwise. The side stones are all colorless and it’s 18k WG.

The stone was one of those crazy gambles from a pawn shop that paid off, in spades. I pulled it out of a simple solitaire and was just floored by the fire and cut quality. Same jeweler who has done all my custom work’s comment was, ‘you done good with this one.’

BA0B9AD1-8C26-471D-AF99-9967BC60F37A.jpeg

And here is a pony in a baseball hat :) because why not?

1B5D66EE-9766-4C1F-BAA3-3146B8D8179B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results