shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Something pretty during a dreary time - feel free to add yours!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
All well maintained princesses take showers no?

Zeelo (her nickname) takes a shower on your shoulder. You place a nice thick washcloth on said shoulder (no thin ones if you please) and she will enjoy a nice soak. No soap or conditioner, plain water is fine. I’ve drained the tank watching her hose off. Takes a couple of hours to dry fully so please, turn on the fireplace?

Zeelo enjoys most meals with us. She has her own dish of food on top of her cage, and eats most of what we do. Breakfast was scrambled egg (shhh, she doesn’t need to hear the details), oatmeal and blueberries. Cup of herbal tea. Tonight she dined Italian again. Hawaiian pizza. She got excited the other night as she loves noodles and stepped into the bowl, hence the shower the next day. Tonight is movie night and popcorn. She loooooves popcorn.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock

Zeelo (her nickname) takes a shower on your shoulder. You place a nice thick washcloth on said shoulder (no thin ones if you please) and she will enjoy a nice soak. No soap or conditioner, plain water is fine. I’ve drained the tank watching her hose off. Takes a couple of hours to dry fully so please, turn on the fireplace?

Zeelo enjoys most meals with us. She has her own dish of food on top of her cage, and eats most of what we do. Breakfast was scrambled egg (shhh, she doesn’t need to hear the details), oatmeal and blueberries. Cup of herbal tea. Tonight she dined Italian again. Hawaiian pizza. She got excited the other night as she loves noodles and stepped into the bowl, hence the shower the next day. Tonight is movie night and popcorn. She loooooves popcorn.

Zeelo is completely enchanting! Thank you for telling us about her, the details have put a huge smile on my face!! Herbal tea!!!
Our pets bring us so much happiness!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Zeelo is completely enchanting! Thank you for telling us about her, the details have put a huge smile on my face!! Herbal tea!!!
Our pets bring us so much happiness!

Right?? So much personality to them all.
Have a good night :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
what a wonderful idea. I hope everyone is ok and looking after each other.

Here's my AVC wedding band that I hope to add to one day.

fullsizeoutput_18f0.jpeg

@McLaren More details, please! Do you have a thread? I'm considering an AVC wedding band, or even an eternity, but I've not seen one before now! Gorgeous!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much MissGotRocks! I will be able to finish it someday when my border fabric comes in. In the mean time I've switched to a Fall quilt. Good thing I have a ton of quilt scraps to use up, lol.

91454054_3210284798982791_2327173135360589824_o.jpg

Your other quilt is absolutely gorgeous but this is my favourite! Wow, so beautiful!!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you! It's coming along.

IMG_7536.jpg

If you ever want to make one to sell please let me know :). I am serious!. I took a quilting class years ago and I know how time consuming and difficult it can be. I have a real appreciation for the details and workmanship that go into a single quilt.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just lovely, @Hounddog! Aquamarine? And - was it a Christmas gift? It's a perfect right hand ring!

And just by the way - so nice to see you, my friend! :wavey:

Hi @mrs-b, thank you so much, yes it’s been a little while...life was very busy in late 2019-early 2020...but now...much more time!
Hope you and yours are managing OK.

I love my ring. Yes, it’s a natural unheated Aquamarine (I do love the naturally greener colouring) with sides of ‘down colour‘ diamonds tcw 0.70ct in Platinum.

I received it in December, but it’s been in the pipeline for a fair amount of time, due to saving up and then I had a very lucky break. When I opened the box I was stunned, it’s rather large but I love it.
When I get the time..lol..I’m going to give it it’s own thread with a few photos.
Thank you so much for your appreciation and kind words.
Stay safe lovely mrs-b :wavey:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for keeping PS alive in this stressful time.
I need my daily dosis of PS beauty and discussions to relax :)
29763232-7C63-4612-B3A2-3D4C595588EE.jpeg

Oh my Goodness, Snow White, they’re all fabulous...although the Emerald cut stunning Sapphire is my favourite! Wow! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have something in common with Zeelo! I love popcorn so much. And eat it every day. I hope I don't run out! Amazon has a 4 week delay on my auto popcorn shipping.

Please hug Zeelo from me. And give her a big kiss if she will accept it. :kiss:
Thank you @Begonia

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever want to make one to sell please let me know :). I am serious!. I took a quilting class years ago and I know how time consuming and difficult it can be. I have a real appreciation for the details and workmanship that go into a single quilt.

Aww, you are too kind and I'll keep you in mind if I ever do. Thank you!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I have something in common with Zeelo! I love popcorn so much. And eat it every day. I hope I don't run out! Amazon has a 4 week delay on my auto popcorn shipping.

Please hug Zeelo from me. And give her a big kiss if she will accept it. :kiss:
Thank you @Begonia

Kiss relayed! She accepts all kisses. A wee head rub would be must welcome too.

Popcorn fanatic you say? How fascinating! Do you eat it plain, or fancied up a bit? Now that you mention it. DH has it most nights watching telly. Never thought about it. It is very satisfying to chew...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kiss relayed! She accepts all kisses. A wee head rub would be must welcome too.

Popcorn fanatic you say? How fascinating! Do you eat it plain, or fancied up a bit? Now that you mention it. DH has it most nights watching telly. Never thought about it. It is very satisfying to chew...

Yes so satisfying to chew. I love mindlessly crunching and enjoying it. I add only sea salt. Air popped. It’s so yummy. I know most people prefer other toppings ie butter but I just love it simply air popped with a dash of sea salt. Yummmm.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
@McLaren More details, please! Do you have a thread? I'm considering an AVC wedding band, or even an eternity, but I've not seen one before now! Gorgeous!

Thank you @LinSF! I don't have a thread but here are the details:

Approx 0.32/0.33ct per stone, 1.65ctw, estimated L/M VS.
My ring size is 4.5 but it's a bit big so I wear the plain band with it, which is a 4.
I had it set in a platinum trellis by the lovely team at GOG. It is very comfortable.

I would love to have had a full eternity but maybe I will upgrade the ring to that one day. I saw one on Caysie's (CVB) insta a few months ago and was green with envy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Esoecially for our Australian PS friends and all bird watchers
Im not sure if im personal noticing an increase in birds because our garden is always full of birds
Now daylight saving has ended i must remenber to listen out for them going to sleep in the trees
- i now wonder if our dreadful neighbours who are always yelling and screaming at each other and beating up our boundry fence may have put the birds off roosting in those trees hmmmmmm

Anyway in Wellington city someone saw a rear white wax eye
We will have a ton of them in our garden soon as the lilly pilly tree is starting to fruit for the winter - but ive never seen a white one

1586218752384.jpg 1586218752384 (1).jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes so satisfying to chew. I love mindlessly crunching and enjoying it. I add only sea salt. Air popped. It’s so yummy. I know most people prefer other toppings ie butter but I just love it simply air popped with a dash of sea salt. Yummmm.

And here it is. My popcorn from last night. Hope it is OK to add here. I find it pretty. Pretty yummy. :D

popcornbluebowl.png

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I want to post some pictures of the beautiful ring I received yesterday! It's an approx 0.9 L VS2 OEC set in an incredible handmade 18k yellow gold setting by Leen Heyne, a jeweller based in the Netherlands who I first came across on Instagram. His work is stocked in a few places but I worked with him directly and he was absolutely lovely, start to finish. Having this arrive in the middle of such a tricky time has lifted my mood no end! The side view and undergallery are my absolute favourite parts of this ring. Please excuse my chapped coronavirus hands and random nail polish - apparently I thought this would be a good week to try out nail stamping for the first time!

IMG_20200407_114953.jpg IMG_20200407_115007.jpg IMG_20200406_144330.jpg IMG_20200407_092505.jpg IMG_20200407_092629.jpg
IMG_20200407_123006_1.jpg

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
@Ladygrey that is absolutely gorgeous!! I especially love the underside!! :kiss2:

Thank you so much! I'm absolutely thrilled with it - the workmanship is incredible. I'm already hoping to add more of his rings to my collection!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to post some pictures of the beautiful ring I received yesterday! It's an approx 0.9 L VS2 OEC set in an incredible handmade 18k yellow gold setting by Leen Heyne, a jeweller based in the Netherlands who I first came across on Instagram. His work is stocked in a few places but I worked with him directly and he was absolutely lovely, start to finish. Having this arrive in the middle of such a tricky time has lifted my mood no end! The side view and undergallery are my absolute favourite parts of this ring. Please excuse my chapped coronavirus hands and random nail polish - apparently I thought this would be a good week to try out nail stamping for the first time!

IMG_20200407_114953.jpg IMG_20200407_115007.jpg IMG_20200406_144330.jpg IMG_20200407_092505.jpg IMG_20200407_092629.jpg
IMG_20200407_123006_1.jpg

Stunning! Wear in good health @Ladygrey !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bubbalah amongst the greens.

bubbalahamongstgreens.png

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy What is your popping method? Are you an air popper? I swear by good old-fashioned, oil in a pan on the stovetop, but I have changed the oil to olive oil.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy What is your popping method? Are you an air popper? I swear by good old-fashioned, oil in a pan on the stovetop, but I have changed the oil to olive oil.

Yes! I pop it in an air popper. An old one. Works like a charm. It's easy and fast.
But the way you do it is very healthy and delicious too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding another Bubbalah photo to brighten up the morning.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.14.10 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results