shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Something pretty during a dreary time - feel free to add yours!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) I’ll take some more pics when the sun decides to come out. In the meantime, I hope @Catmom can share more pics of her lovely quilt!

Thanks guys! I don't have a finished pic yet. I have one more block to go then I will have to decide if I want borders or not. Please pardon the sewing mess!

IMG_7504.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Not jewelry, but my foster babies are 3 weeks old today. Here are kitten photos. I think they are beautiful. 2 of the 5 only, plus no mama in these photos.

IMG_20200330_110650_046.jpg

IMG_20200330_105431_530.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200330_104826.jpg
    MVIMG_20200330_104826.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 30

thaifood122

Rough_Rock
I'm working backwards and so am now looking at add my engagement ring, but I have to say that I love wearing my bands and so might settle for a stacking set instead.

Well I'm excited to see what goodies you end up with after this crisis is over! Do you think you'd pair the engagement ring and diamond wedding band or look for a totally separate piece?

My future fiance and I are going with a family heirloom for a traditional engagement ring, but I definitely think I eventually want something like your current set for an everyday look and to just wear the larger diamond on special occasions.

Thanks for the stats! Stay healthy and safe!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not jewelry, but my foster babies are 3 weeks old today. Here are kitten photos. I think they are beautiful. 2 of the 5 only, plus no mama in these photos.

IMG_20200330_110650_046.jpg

IMG_20200330_105431_530.jpg

OMG. :love: Thank you for fostering ::)

I know it’s so challenging, physically and emotionally, when they’re so young. I remember the earliest weeks vividly - feeding every few hours, worrying that they weren’t eliminating properly, stringing backup heat lamps for the backup heat lamps and still having those heart-in-throat moments... The world fell off our shoulders once they could eat by themselves! We were very lucky - they were surrendered to the shelter just a few days after birth in good condition and all three made it.

How long have you been fostering? And how long have you had these darlings? You mentioned mum isn’t in the pics - do you have her? Or are you handrearing? They look plump and bright-eyed - made for magazine ::)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I don't have a finished pic yet. I have one more block to go then I will have to decide if I want borders or not. Please pardon the sewing mess!

IMG_7504.jpg

I can't wait to see it when it's done!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
OMG. :love: Thank you for fostering ::)

I know it’s so challenging, physically and emotionally, when they’re so young. I remember the earliest weeks vividly - feeding every few hours, worrying that they weren’t eliminating properly, stringing backup heat lamps for the backup heat lamps and still having those heart-in-throat moments... The world fell off our shoulders once they could eat by themselves! We were very lucky - they were surrendered to the shelter just a few days after birth in good condition and all three made it.

How long have you been fostering? And how long have you had these darlings? You mentioned mum isn’t in the pics - do you have her? Or are you handrearing? They look plump and bright-eyed - made for magazine ::)

They are so sweet.

I have been fostering for some time! Last year, I adopted out I think 52 cats and kittens.

Luckily, I have mama to help! Bottle babies are so hard. She's doing a great job. I have had them since they were 7 days old. I have five babies, plus mama, plus 2 four month olds! The two four month olds are at large in my house!

We have a tuxedo in the litter, a dilute calico, a normal calico, a tortie, and a really funny calico that is mostly white but with an orange stripe and black dot on her head.

Mama is a moo kitty and a doll. IMG_20200319_124301.jpg

IMG_20200330_104758.jpg IMG_20200321_202233_939.jpg

IMG_20200319_125450.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 thanks so much. I will do a separate post at some point. I thought I would wait for the matching yellow asscher band to be complete and post them together. In the meantime, I can answer your questions. My ring size is 6.25 to 6.5. This ring is 6.5. I tried on several setting styles and decided to go with the basket which fits pretty true to size. I tried a version that was lower profile with a more cup like setting. It was very comfortable but I was worried about cleaning and blocking the light. In that setting, I would have gone a quarter size smaller for ring size.

The stones are about 4.4 mm each. The width of the ring itself is basically that same measure. I went with a shared claw prong and so far love the look (I have had no prong pick issues). The band width tapers to 3.45 mm at its smallest. The ring sits about 4.25 mm off the top of my finger. The total width of the ring left to right at widest point is 24.6 mm. Keep in mind these are my measurements with calipers. I need to find the CADs. I went with platinum just as personal preference though the one in progress will be 18k to enhance the yellow stone color as much as possible. I always loved the idea of a step cut eternity. After trying on a bunch of styles and weights (both emerald and asscher), I realized a few things. First, a full eternity was not comfortable or practical for me personally. Second, the asschers appealed to me more (though emerald cut is still my favorite shape). In fact that is my 5 year project. I am going to sale my OEC and get what has always been my first love, an emerald cut.

I was picky about the asschers used in my ring but I am 100% sure they are not as fabulous as the ones you have from Yoram. I have been awaiting your ring for many months and can’t wait to see it.

I will post another picture or two soon.

Oh, and here are those yellow asschers in the meantime.

7318.jpeg

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Some ironing bling..coz you know, we all need that lil' bit of kitchen sparkle (and have no where else to go!)

IMG_20200330_195156590.jpg IMG_20200330_200012857.jpg

(No jeans were burned in the making of this production.)

Do you have a closer pic of this ring!? I have an oval zircon and I'm thinking of doing white metal around stone and either rose gold or 18k yg shank. Would love to see closer pic! Is yours yg shank?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so sweet.

I have been fostering for some time! Last year, I adopted out I think 52 cats and kittens.

Luckily, I have mama to help! Bottle babies are so hard. She's doing a great job. I have had them since they were 7 days old. I have five babies, plus mama, plus 2 four month olds! The two four month olds are at large in my house!

We have a tuxedo in the litter, a dilute calico, a normal calico, a tortie, and a really funny calico that is mostly white but with an orange stripe and black dot on her head.

IMG_20200319_125450.jpg

You are a saint @elizat!!

Thank you SO much for the extra photos - they are so, so, so precious :love: And mummy is beautiful!! So glad to hear she's taking good care of them :love:

All the shelters around us are no longer accepting surrenders - only intake is for people who have been rendered incapable of caring for their animals due to medical needs (or have passed away). No strays. No voluntary surrenders. Minimal staff plus morons worrying about cv transmission turning their own animals in as "strays".

And of course it's kitten season. I've got boxes, towels, water, bottles, two have-a-heart cages, and wet food in the car (although as of today we've got a stay-at-home mandate...) We get hawks and foxes so I've been doing a daily walk around the property and down the road soon after it gets dark :(sad

Do you have homes lined up for all these kittens, and the two four-monthers?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 thanks so much. I will do a separate post at some point. I thought I would wait for the matching yellow asscher band to be complete and post them together. In the meantime, I can answer your questions. My ring size is 6.25 to 6.5. This ring is 6.5. I tried on several setting styles and decided to go with the basket which fits pretty true to size. I tried a version that was lower profile with a more cup like setting. It was very comfortable but I was worried about cleaning and blocking the light. In that setting, I would have gone a quarter size smaller for ring size.

The stones are about 4.4 mm each. The width of the ring itself is basically that same measure. I went with a shared claw prong and so far love the look (I have had no prong pick issues). The band width tapers to 3.45 mm at its smallest. The ring sits about 4.25 mm off the top of my finger. The total width of the ring left to right at widest point is 24.6 mm. Keep in mind these are my measurements with calipers. I need to find the CADs. I went with platinum just as personal preference though the one in progress will be 18k to enhance the yellow stone color as much as possible. I always loved the idea of a step cut eternity. After trying on a bunch of styles and weights (both emerald and asscher), I realized a few things. First, a full eternity was not comfortable or practical for me personally. Second, the asschers appealed to me more (though emerald cut is still my favorite shape). In fact that is my 5 year project. I am going to sale my OEC and get what has always been my first love, an emerald cut.

I was picky about the asschers used in my ring but I am 100% sure they are not as fabulous as the ones you have from Yoram. I have been awaiting your ring for many months and can’t wait to see it.

7318.jpeg

That is a thoroughly enviable little box of sunshine right there :cool2:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
They are so sweet.

IMG_20200319_125450.jpg
Teeny little claws omg. Absolutely precious, thank you for showing us these babies!!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You are a saint @elizat!!

Thank you SO much for the extra photos - they are so, so, so precious :love: And mummy is beautiful!! So glad to hear she's taking good care of them :love:

All the shelters around us are no longer accepting surrenders - only intake is for people who have been rendered incapable of caring for their animals due to medical needs (or have passed away). No strays. No voluntary surrenders. Minimal staff plus morons worrying about cv transmission turning their own animals in as "strays".

And of course it's kitten season. I've got boxes, towels, water, bottles, two have-a-heart cages, and wet food in the car (although as of today we've got a stay-at-home mandate...) We get hawks and foxes so I've been doing a daily walk around the property and down the road soon after it gets dark :(sad

Do you have homes lined up for all these kittens, and the two four-monthers?

It's such bad timing. Our county shelters are closed too. I foster through St. Francis Animal Society in Tampa. We are still doing intake, but our numbers are down, because we can't use our normal adoption locations for finding babies homes. It's all online adoptions now and one on one meet and greets, six feet apart!

People here seem to think that animals can pass th virus to them. What nonsense. It's been debunked that it doesn't pass from dogs or domestic cats.

I'm glad you do the best walk through if your property still! It's doing what you can in your corner. We have so many coyotes here in our local area. I hate that people don't spay and neuter. As much as I love these littles, Mama Angie was someone's pet they didn't care enough to spay. She's so sweet and clearly an abandoned pet. Once her babies wean, I'll find her a home too, after her vet care is done.

Nobody has a home lined up so far! Harissa and Sriracha are my 4 month olds. They are Bengal mixes of some kind and very long, athletic and big. Sriracha ended up with ringworm after a visit with another foster when I moved and Harissa has battled horrible poo for a long time. They had some of the worst parasite infections I've seen so far. We are finally ready to put them officially available this week.

They are identical apart from a slightly different marking pattern that really only I can see, and Sriracha has yellow eyes.

Screenshot_20200330-172829.jpg IMG_20200223_223920_415.jpg IMG_20200228_112913_707.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_102554.jpg
    IMG_20200318_102554.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 26

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat
I would love to institute some sort of universal breeder accreditation... And criminalize not fixing your pet unless you’re a member of that organization *and* can prove lineage of the specific animal you want to breed... I don’t know. Something!

Our shelters won’t send home until it’s been done - which means they’re stuck spaying babies at 7-8 weeks rather than the four month ish ideal. No great choices unfortunately.

Sriracha and Harissa are gorgeous :love: they look athletic - and they also look like they’re probably too clever for your peace of mind :bigsmile: I’m sorry to hear about those persistent digestive issues! Our Garett... We call him Super Pooper. Chronic... I sympathise :???:

We lost Gretta a few weeks ago. Got her and Garett as eight week kittens thirteen years ago. We want another kitten or two. We normally pick older cats, easier adjustment for everyone, but it seems *right* to get a kitten since that’s how we brought Gretta home - I’m not discounting the possibility of finding six on the side of the road this Spring!

I hope you can find homes without trouble!! My understanding is that up here people are adopting in droves right now, hopefully that’s true down there! If we weren’t all dealing with cv I’d put myself on your list for some of your brood, and mummy as well :twisted2:

How are Sriracha and Harissa dealing with the kittens - do they interact at all? Does Angie mind having them around?

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

7318.jpeg

Thank you for providing such detailed info!
It’s so important to get an idea of proportion, esp when dealing with stones that require such precise measurements!
Absolutely beautiful!
It’s great to share a love of step cuts with others who appreciate what they bring to the world of fancy cuts.
I can’t wait to launch my project. We shall see where this economic plunge leads, in the coming months....hoping things recover quickly.
For now, I’ll just enjoy yours, for a while, and anticipate that cluster of sunshine, coming soon!
The moment I am able, I’ll be posting updates on my project. You have my word!
Enjoy your band in great health & happiness. I’ll admire, from afar!
Stay safe! :kiss2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Everyone and Good morning.
I’m taking one ring out of the safe each morning and appreciating it all day.
Here’s today’s, an antique moonstone ring from Croatia that I bought last week on eBay as a bling fix.
9879AC80-D110-417D-A0FF-D85EC1E3A6F0.jpeg

96239277-3DE2-413D-BC36-780432EF5359.jpeg

0808B73E-D025-434F-A0CF-F0E6C7341B72.jpeg

Last edited:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s today’s, an antique moonstone ring from Croatia that I bought last week on eBay as a bling fix.
9879AC80-D110-417D-A0FF-D85EC1E3A6F0.jpeg 96239277-3DE2-413D-BC36-780432EF5359.jpeg

I love it!!! Would you mind sharing the seller?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
65286D22-799B-43D2-BCFA-BA2DEF44E8FA.jpeg 423DF3B0-A914-4A5C-8473-1B98987DF742.jpeg A2E2AD60-822C-4E93-9B56-6FE28896326D.jpeg 319EE965-031D-4E93-8425-C23796E0A771.jpeg

A few of my favorite things that bring me joy :)

Gorgeous!!!

Her in France we're not allowed into the stables anyone. It's the number one thing my girls are missing!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9879AC80-D110-417D-A0FF-D85EC1E3A6F0.jpeg

96239277-3DE2-413D-BC36-780432EF5359.jpeg

0808B73E-D025-434F-A0CF-F0E6C7341B72.jpeg

This ring is magical @Jimmianne
I feel a special and wonderful aura around it. Mystical. Love it. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People here seem to think that animals can pass th virus to them. What nonsense. It's been debunked that it doesn't pass from dogs or domestic cats.

But it could pass from people to cats/dogs...there is a possibility. @Mamabean shared some info about that.
All that means as far as I am concerned is be careful if you aren't feeling well and try not to touch your furry babies until you are well.

Our local adoption groups are doing adoptions online too and I am sure the adoption numbers are down. But a bright spot is that more people are fostering since shelters are closed. Hoping for a lot of "failed" fosters. Fingers and toes crossed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results