shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
0431E6B0-9CA7-416A-9319-40729A99DB49.jpeg
I tried so hard to capture the sparkle but I just couldn’t do it on my ear! I’ll take more photos off my ear after I get my son settled. It’s also really hot and humid outside which did a number on my hair. At least you can gauge the size..

Attachments

• BF9AD4DE-98FB-4068-B055-49DF46A7583A.jpeg
    BF9AD4DE-98FB-4068-B055-49DF46A7583A.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 17EE6058-D2D1-413A-9BAF-1A7BCC4146D4.jpeg
    17EE6058-D2D1-413A-9BAF-1A7BCC4146D4.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 30

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried so hard to capture the sparkle but I just couldn’t do it on my ear! I’ll take more photos off my ear after I get my son settled. It’s also really hot and humid outside which did a number on my hair. At least you can gauge the size..

Those are a great size! Big enough to be noticed but not ostentatious. Enjoy them in good health!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Got mine just now and they are a lot bigger than the 0.5 CT ones. They sparkle a lot and seem very well cut but these are definitely I color almost J, as I can see a lot of body color in them. Not too big of a deal for earrings but the 0.5 CT earring looked like E color ones.
20190807_124612.jpg
They look beautiful! I wonder if some will be whiter than others... as usually costco garuntees "at least I VS2". I've heard some people getting their costco diamonds appraised and they are bigger and better quality that stated!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are a great size! Big enough to be noticed but not ostentatious. Enjoy them in good health!
Thank you! :appl:

Attachments

• 351EF6E2-C655-4908-8AC0-55C08886F153.gif
    351EF6E2-C655-4908-8AC0-55C08886F153.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 26

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful! I wonder if some will be whiter than others... as usually costco garuntees "at least I VS2". I've heard some people getting their costco diamonds appraised and they are bigger and better quality that stated!
I agree..Mine are well matched and face up really white. I put them next to my high G color studs..I edited this to say I don’t think they are an I. In my kitchen they look whiter than my studs! It’s so hard to say what they are. By themselves they look super white. I will try to take more photos but it’s about to storm and very dark outside.

Last edited:

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
@anon34985 there will be a variety of color/clarity for Costco but at least I and VS2. I believe these are the luck of the draw because I used my scope and cannot see any imperfections so at least a VS1 quality maybe VVS2.

Definitely worth it for the price we paid. My sister has a pair coming in and I can compare them to hers when she gets it.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
Got mine just now and they are a lot bigger than the 0.5 CT ones. They sparkle a lot and seem very well cut but these are definitely I color almost J, as I can see a lot of body color in them. Not too big of a deal for earrings but the 0.5 CT earring looked like E color ones.
20190807_124612.jpg
I have a three stone princess cut Costco ring and the diamonds are nicely cut and very clean, but I do see color, especially compared to my D diamond in my ER. I am interested in seeing how the earrings face up.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@anon34985 there will be a variety of color/clarity for Costco but at least I and VS2. I believe these are the luck of the draw because I used my scope and cannot see any imperfections so at least a VS1 quality maybe VVS2.

Definitely worth it for the price we paid. My sister has a pair coming in and I can compare them to hers when she gets it.
I did the same thing and they look clear and I can’t locate any inclusions. If I didn’t put them next to my studs I would say they were at least a g. My g colored round studs are closer to an f so I can see a little body color in the princess studs when they are next to each other but not when they are by themselves. In any case..they are a deal and I’m VERY happy!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Those are so gorgeous! Ear shots please!

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
The smaller ones almost look whiter? Maybe my eyes are bad haha

No your eyes aren't bad. The smaller 0.5 are def whiter. They look like F color, and the larger ones are I. Like I said, my 1.0 cttw pair that arrived today are a lot more yellow than he original 0.5 ones that were sent.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
No your eyes aren't bad. The smaller 0.5 are def whiter. They look like F color, and the larger ones are I. Like I said, my 1.0 cttw pair that arrived today are a lot more yellow than he original 0.5 ones that were sent.

Oh, sorry! I hadn't looked back to see who had written that originally!

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
So happy for you!! I had the darn things in my cart, went to get my card and pay....then poof,
they were out of stock:cry2: Enjoy your new Volvo too. Love the new reset btw

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you!! I had the darn things in my cart, went to get my card and pay....then poof,
they were out of stock:cry2: Enjoy your new Volvo too. Love the new reset btw
Thank you @Luvallgems! I’m happy with the reset.
I feel so bad for the people who ordered and then got cancelled or weren’t able to get them.
I have to drive to Maryland tomorrow and I don’t even know how to fully work all the gadgets.. It’s all touchscreen..I couldn’t even find out how to turn off the radio when I got home from the dealer! I didn’t feel too bad when I looked it up online and saw that other people were asking the same thing!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Talked to Costco and they said that my shipment back to them has been processed but that they have not yet created the new order for the 1.0ctw earrings yet. Will give them a couple more days then. Sigh...

On another note, how are you planning to insure these earrings? I don't think we can find any replacement pairs for 629 and at the same time I'm not sure it's worth paying an appraisal fee for.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Talked to Costco and they said that my shipment back to them has been processed but that they have not yet created the new order for the 1.0ctw earrings yet. Will give them a couple more days then. Sigh...

On another note, how are you planning to insure these earrings? I don't think we can find any replacement pairs for 629 and at the same time I'm not sure it's worth paying an appraisal fee for.
I’m not going to insure them...Maybe you could get a jeweler to give them a value instead of going to an appraiser.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
Mine are whiter than my three stone Costco ring (also I and VS2 minimum), and definitely whiter than my ACA studs (each about .34 ct Ks). I think they may be H. They sure are sparkly - much better cut than my fifteen year old three stone - they make the ring look a little sad when they are right next to it. I think they may have upped their cut standards over the years.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy with the cut, color and clarity that I’m going to look more seriously at their other diamond jewelry. I think I will only buy them if they are in stock...and look at them through the loupe in the store. I’m sure I will get some eye rolling from the associate but I want to make sure it looks good before bringing them home. I have one pair of diamond drop earrings from them that are gorgeous. I bought them many years ago. They are definitely an h/i color but face up white...but not as white as the princess earrings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean LOVE the earrings on you and everyone else who got the earrings congrats! Blingalicious.:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean LOVE the earrings on you and everyone else who got the earrings congrats! Blingalicious.:love:
Thank you @missy! It took a full week of talking on the phone or chatting with them but it was worth it! I am a Costco loyal customer for life!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy! It took a full week of talking on the phone or chatting with them but it was worth it! I am a Costco loyal customer for life!

Costco rocks in more ways than one.

costco.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy with the cut, color and clarity that I’m going to look more seriously at their other diamond jewelry. I think I will only buy them if they are in stock...and look at them through the loupe in the store. I’m sure I will get some eye rolling from the associate but I want to make sure it looks good before bringing them home. I have one pair of diamond drop earrings from them that are gorgeous. I bought them many years ago. They are definitely an h/i color but face up white...but not as white as the princess earrings.

I want to see your diamond drop dangle earrings mamabean:love: I am costco for life too!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

They look beautiful on you mamabean! Great size and sparkly and a lot of fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results