carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But that one ring is 20% off! What a steal=)2

They are beautiful though, but crazy prices.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so funny, this one vendor who I won’t name, but I think many can guess, sells extremely expensive gems, mainly fancy colored diamonds. They wanted to recently reward their customers with a $100 off coupon. I just cracked up. Honestly, their cheapest item is probably several thousand dollars, so if you can afford it, who cares about $100? It would have been nice if they gave a percentage off, because that at least would have been a substantial savings. They announced this coupon while showing what looked like a multi million dollar fancy pink diamond ring. I hate to complain about coupons, because $100 is still $100 and a nice savings for many of the vendors here, but that was just laughable.

voce

Ideal_Rock
That color is indeed to drool for, but it doesn't seem to have the neon fluorescence a lot of us look for in a red spinel. I don't think I can overlook the dark areas in the video. At any rate, the price does seem to be a deal.
I'm totally eating my words because I was looking at this on another computer and realized that what the eye sees could be better than what the camera sees. I've snapped this up and will assess it in person.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Despo want
I thought you said you like light purples, not vivid purples? :lol:
Maybe you just don't like the oversaturated purples. :P2

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I thought you said you like light purples, not vivid purples? :lol:
Maybe you just don't like the oversaturated purples. :P2

Probably. I'm familiar with the terms but not fully. That one's a nice deep lavender that I really dig, (I like both light and dark, just preference for lighter atm) and it has such a nice even color. I guess I'm just all over the place with what color/tone/saturation I like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Come to think of it, I think magenta is a purple I never really liked.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
@voce I see your ruby and raise you a bigger ruby! I’ve had my eye on this bad boy for months. I went to stare at it on Etsy yesterday and saw that it was reserved. I was like “oh damn!”, like I was really going to drop 30k on a ruby.
https://etsy.me/2L9A7Pb
6383CFF5-1CD5-486D-8AC5-429888668808.jpeg
The vendor has another that’s beautiful. I’d love it if a PSer bought it so I wouldn’t have the temptation.
https://etsy.me/2WeHg1y
655A25DE-7068-41C5-9F5D-06BC21B1991C.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
@FlashyFlamingo I am not a size whore. At least not in this stage of my life. Your ruby rings are impressive, but I still like the ruby stone I originally posted better because of quality.

And well, no risk of me buying another ruby anytime soon. I already dropped serious money on my dream ruby this year. "Small but mighty", 1.19 ct.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.adamantgems.com/spinel/
I love these teal and lagoon blue spinels!
I contacted Ivan last week about the lagoon blue spinel since it looks so serene. He is very nice and sent me a lot of videos. When sending me the videos, he acknowledged that the spinel appears much more grey and undersaturated in the videos and that the pictures online represent its true color. I did not pursue further based on the videos, but my expectation may not be realistic given that I do not have much knowledge of how it compares to other blue spinels.

I am not sure I can share the video here, but if you are interested, he shall have those videos ready for you.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I contacted Ivan last week about the lagoon blue spinel since it looks so serene. He is very nice and sent me a lot of videos. When sending me the videos, he acknowledged that the spinel appears much more grey and undersaturated in the videos and that the pictures online represent its true color. I did not pursue further based on the videos, but my expectation may not be realistic given that I do not have much knowledge of how it compares to other blue spinels.

I am not sure I can share the video here, but if you are interested, he shall have those videos ready for you.

Thanks, @Atwater! Spinels are tough because they are so color shifty by nature. Most blue spinels I've seen have some grey in them which is why I was so surprised by the color of the lagoon blue stone. I'd certainly want to see videos of any gem I bought, but especially with spinel! Glad to hear that Ivan was nice, I checked out their site because they advertise so many pretty gems on LT.

voce

Ideal_Rock

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Garnetgirl I read the description and thought of you. Kind of a color changer. https://www.etsy.com/listing/399065...lue-spinel?ref=shop_home_active_4&pro=1&frs=1
This one is also unique and pretty. Not something a lot of people would go for. But that color! https://www.etsy.com/listing/384795...der-purple?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1&frs=1
Oops, maybe it's @TheGarnetGirl instead who was looking for a bluish purple spinel?This is why I like to use my user name, which doesn't mean anything for most people, but is seldom used in the online community, so it's unlikely to get confused with other users.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oops, maybe it's @TheGarnetGirl instead who was looking for a bluish purple spinel?This is why I like to use my user name, which doesn't mean anything for most people, but is seldom used in the online community, so it's unlikely to get confused with other users.

That first one is neat as you can tell it would have a bit of color change, its a bit dark but that adds to its mystery!
The second has a really mellow color that makes me happy but the cut is a little off putting.
I do love how ive had a personal shopper for a couple days though :P2
This is why I love PS! Women/Men who do not know eachother yet who are super supportive in making eachothers gemstone dreams come true! Or just oogling eachothers gemmy stones!

& I know I felt bad when I came upon her name! She had it first but I had been a lurker for quite some time before creating a profile (a couple years I think) & I never saw her name ever so I thought I was all clever when I made it. Haha
Although Id like to think that she might be my unknown doppleganger living a parallel life somewhere. Haha :bigsmile:

voce

Ideal_Rock

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if these are legit or not but I have been scouring the internet to come up with creative solutions for an immediate wedding gown and stumbled on these 2 tourmaline rings, sapphire bracelet at goodwill's auction site. I'm allergic to all the metal in these so they're a no-go for me. I would be worried about authenticity but if anything I thought it may give people setting ideas ;)2
-Tourmaline Ring
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/68517001
goodwillTourmaline.jpg
-Watermelon Tourmaline Ring
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/68568389
GoodwillWatermelonTourmaline.jpg
10K yellow gold/sapphire ring (I really have doubts on this one being legit since it seems too good to be true) but it is still pretty IMHO
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/68677759
goodwillSapphireBracelet.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lab sapphires or some simulant. No one would put an entire suite of perfectly cut, matched, clean sapphires in a 10k bracelet, if you could even find a suite like that.

I love the setting for the tourmaline.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results