carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep zircon....sold already though...
I just bought a brilliant round zircon in that color, but this cut takes the cake.
By the way, I love the lily of the valley in your profile pic. Mine are blooming right now. I just love the fragrance.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just bought a brilliant round zircon in that color, but this cut takes the cake.
By the way, I love the lily of the valley in your profile pic. Mine are blooming right now. I just love the fragrance.

Lucky you! I still have snow where I live....no flowers yet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oww, please post a pic of your new beauty!!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I looove zircons for their beauty but am scared of dropping them or knocking them against something and chipping them. I always am browsing the john Dyer catalogue for the intention of purchasing but many of the stones are so fragile for me! Like tanzanites....sunstones....zircons....Even mali garnets and grossular garnets are too soft, they have lower mohs hardnes than other garnets. It's a shame how the most beautiful stones come with bad durability.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel I have found zircons to be quite ok for wearing and prancing around on a date or lunch with the girls (stuff like that).

My peridot has survived several days out with a 5yo. It looks brand new. I think because we all have so many rings anyway, it's unlikely that you're going to wear it to death.

I do think it's an element of luck! A few ladies have mentioned chipping their spinels!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Cockatiel I have found zircons to be quite ok for wearing and prancing around on a date or lunch with the girls (stuff like that).

My peridot has survived several days out with a 5yo. It looks brand new. I think because we all have so many rings anyway, it's unlikely that you're going to wear it to death.

I do think it's an element of luck! A few ladies have mentioned chipping their spinels!

That's meeeeee. But I've had ahem occasions when I've been out drinking and dunno what I did with the bling on my rings. It's a miracle I've not lost any.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's meeeeee. But I've had ahem occasions when I've been out drinking and dunno what I did with the bling on my rings. It's a miracle I've not lost any.

Lol how much did you drink girl????

I got HAMMERED almost every evening in the Maldives 8 years ago (footloose and childfree on an all inclusive alcohol package, we were downing all sorts of cocktails until we were spinning) and I haven't been able to drink very much since! It's cured me of my taste for hard liquor (I think I guzzled 5 Black Russians in a row at one point).

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That would be me thats chipped spinels....
I see facet abrasion too.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been able to drink very much since! It's cured me of my taste for hard liquor (I think I guzzled 5 Black Russians in a row at one point).
Wait til the kids are teenagers.... Just wait.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mellowyellowgirl I think it's the unconscious mix of drinks and old age lol. Most recent being a tequila shot after a night of gin and tonic. Thank goodness I have reliable friends and a good driver here.

It's rather difficult to say because there's a lot of bootleg here. I've passed out a couple of times with the worst of hangovers never experienced in my younger days.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I got HAMMERED almost every evening in the Maldives 8 years ago (footloose and childfree on an all inclusive alcohol package, we were downing all sorts of cocktails until we were spinning) and I haven't been able to drink very much since! It's cured me of my taste for hard liquor (I think I guzzled 5 Black Russians in a row at one point).

That's what the Maldives does to you with the all in package!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That would be me thats chipped spinels....
I see facet abrasion too.

My Burmese jewellers did warn me from the very start that spinels are somewhat soft so don't go making too many rings with them. Good people :)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Burmese jewellers did warn me from the very start that spinels are somewhat soft so don't go making too many rings with them. Good people :)

Ya I wonder whether spinels are as hardy as people make them out to be. It feels definitely more fragile than lets say, chrysoberyl or sapphire. Just purely personal observation! I wouldn't wear it 24/7. Def not as E ring.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oww, please post a pic of your new beauty!!
I have a terrible picture of it in a thread. I think it’s the catch all thread. I am going to take a better pic tomorrow and and post it in the zircon thread.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results