clarity

Somebody's gotta buy this stone, "If I won the lottery" edition

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Screenshot_20221108-162930_Samsung Internet.jpg

On "sale" right now as part of Kat Florence's Christmas sale. No idea how much discounts they're giving, won't waste their time by emailing them lol. No luck for me in the powerball lottery either so I can keep dreaming :wall:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20221108-162930_Samsung Internet.jpg

On "sale" right now as part of Kat Florence's Christmas sale. No idea how much discounts they're giving, won't waste their time by emailing them lol. No luck for me in the powerball lottery either so I can keep dreaming :wall:

Ooh how big is this one????

Now that is gorgeous if it's big enough!

ETA: omg I checked and it's 10 carats! Now that is sublime!!! That's what I would buy if I had that kind of money! Failing that my cheap snot will have to do!

Last edited:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh how big is this one????

Now that is gorgeous if it's big enough!

ETA: omg I checked and it's 10 carats! Now that is sublime!!! That's what I would buy if I had that kind of money! Failing that my cheap snot will have to do!

Same here, I have my precious little jedi snot to enjoy lol! :lol-2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I'm super bored, I watch Kat Florence videos on youtube and IG. She's the bling queen.

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
Wow, even with the inclusions, how many diamonds of this caliber even exist?

1.10 carat, Fancy Vivid Orange Diamond, Emerald Shape, I2 Clarity, GIA
$308,100

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
When I'm super bored, I watch Kat Florence videos on youtube and IG. She's the bling queen.

Her husband seems wacky though

Not to throw shade but I have no idea why she lets him near the business

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock

Wow. Some stunning rubies on her website:

However, is 'Jedi' becoming a thing with rubies now? It's only been associated with spinel previously. A case of spinel's reputation starting to influence ruby? Or, 'let's not call this stone a hot pink sapphire. Let's call it a Jedi ruby instead'...

Last edited:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
However, is 'Jedi' becoming a thing with rubies now? It's only been associated with spinel previously. A case of spinel's reputation starting to influence ruby? Or, 'let's not call this stone a hot pink sapphire. Let's call it a Jedi ruby instead'...

First time I've seen it, but then again I haven't really been browsing much lately.

I'd think it's more about making pinkish red rubies desirable by attaching a fancy name to them. As it is, a pink modifier takes you further away from trade ideal, not closer to it.

I'm not too big a fan of this development. I don't want my favourite ruby colour to get even more expensive. :lol:

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Some stunning rubies on her website:

A strange one I've seen was 'cobalt blue sapphire' for a sapphire that would be quite a nice color for spinel but just ok for sapphire. Cobalt can be used in sapphire treatment, but they were definitely trying to prime the cobalt blue spinel association in the reader, and not referring to treatment.

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. It just shows how people are really taking spinel more seriously when it's influencing marketing terms for the corundum gems, however daft they may be...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is that the guy who narrates her videos?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the guy who narrates her videos?

Is he kinda wacky? And maybe bald? I forget. But probably yes. He was in quite a few and I felt he didn’t match her classy jewelry. It was a weird vibe for me.

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. It just shows how people are really taking spinel more seriously when it's influencing marketing terms for the corundum gems, however daft they may be...

Yup, it is strange that pigeon blood and kashmir blue are are not common descriptors for spinel, but jedi and maybe even cobalt blue are becoming more common to describe corundum. After all those corundum terms are much more established. 'Padparadscha spinel' is common though. Sellers will use whatever they believe will sell best I suppose. Since the labs biggest customers are tradespeople, 'jedi ruby' or others could eventually be used in lab reports.

I had a chat with a dealer with over 40 years of experience, whom I don't know personally and perhaps was just playing the marketing game, say he believes 'Paraiba' will be extended by labs/the trade to describe lagoon tourmalines and other fine, but non-Paraiba-type tourmaline as labs currently define them (copper content content being one of the key factors currently). Who knows. I do my best to not get cought up in such terms.

Last edited:

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this one has been posted, but this spinel is stunning, estimated price $300,000-400,000

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
D'oh! That spinel I posted above sold a year ago. I saw the date of 17th May and time of 10:00 PDT, but didn't notice that it said 2022. There's no sold price listed, so does that mean it didn't sell I wonder?

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock

And this is the rough specimen that it was cut from:
ruby-1-15.9.22-Fura-Gems-23-081737-1920x1281.jpg

Just OMG...

Source: https://jewelleryoutlook.com/fura-g...lds-largest-gem-quality-ruby-ever-discovered/

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
The above 55ct ruby sold for about 35 million. I'm not an expert but I really doubt that if it ever resells, it will achieve anywhere near that number. Maybe if a big brand is attached to it.

Here's extremely rare size for a clean benitoite... 6ct. One of the very few over 5cts that have been for sale to my knowledge.

1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
This is pretty sweet 3F8AC3A6-2579-440E-8F75-820E0A0CD00B.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it sold….for €945,000

If I'm not mistaken, that would mean it sold for over $141,000/ct. A beautiful stone, for sure, but appears abraded and chipped a bit - what compelling provenance does it possess?!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results