shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's gotta buy this stone, "If I won the lottery" edition

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK my turn to be that person: I think it will be dark. These super-vivid, super-saturated stones do better in small sizes, yes?

But if someone were to surprise me on Valentine's Day...:whistle:

Actually, these forest green ones tend to be on the darker side. I'm just posting this as an example of a demantoid color I do not care for.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more...
I've stalked this black opal for years. I'm sure some here have seen it. I don't think I've seen a better one barring harlequin/super rare patterns (but I'd be happy to be proven wrong). One other comes to mind, but it was in freeform shape while this is a more desirable oval cab.

Video is in the listing.

It was listed for 60k for the longest time.
5.24ct, 12.88 x 9.15 x 6.43mm

5c870e129b009.jpg

Oh. My. God.

That’s all I’ve got.

:eek-2::love:

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Dont think so currently. It's owned by a high jewelery house called Philippe Petra. They have some insane stuff. The site is a little bare so their IG account/tag offers a better glimpse into their higher end stuff.

Super rare and large for sure, but I can see the future through that window :D

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Super rare and large for sure, but I can see the future through that window :D

They have a windowless one too! smaller though
OnPaste.20220204-092851.png

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone help me find this treasure trove of eye-candy that I found a while back?

I took screenshots of their Paraibas, and I'm posting those, but they had many more insane stones. I remember a massive Mahenge spinel in particular.

Even with my relatively good searching skills, I couldn't find the site.
It was Russian and I think started with an L
1 (2).png

1 (1).png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha. Just bought 'em all so there.

Those pictures + Russian = sus to me. Lots of six-figure stones just rolling around on the backs of random hands. I think they are all re-posted screenshots. Just a guess.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone help me find this treasure trove of eye-candy that I found a while back?

I took screenshots of their Paraibas, and I'm posting those, but they had many more insane stones. I remember a massive Mahenge spinel in particular.

1 (2).png

1 (1).png

Don't do that. You know the seller will now remove all the nice stones from their page and tell you it's all gone :eek2:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Ha. Just bought 'em all so there.

Those pictures + Russian = sus to me. Lots of six-figure stones just rolling around on the backs of random hands. I think they are all re-posted screenshots. Just a guess.

Maybe. Still a fabulous source of eye-candy. Oh, and most or all stones had videos IIRC.
If they disappeared off the internet, thats all we need to know.

I will say, while I see more Asia-based IG accounts with ridiculously fine inventories, I have also seen a fair bit of Russian ones.

Last edited:

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Blimey that's a good one:

1644861300082.png

Over 10cts of unheated Burmese red lustful passion for your perusal...

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Somebody's gotta buy this rock :lol:

Seriously, I never knew there were collectors of meteorites.

Or for that matter, collectors of things that meterorites hit - sorry, off-topic but couldn't resist :mrgreen2:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock

Some black diamonds are theorized to come from meteorites - sothebys is selling a 555ct one - and there is extraterrestrial/pallasitic peridot. So theres even a bit of intersection between the two worlds :)

Sothebys actually already sold the black diamond I mentioned for over 3m pounds.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Some black diamonds are theorized to come from meteorites - sothebys is selling a 555ct one - and there is extraterrestrial/pallasitic peridot. So theres even a bit of intersection between the two worlds :)

Sothebys actually already sold the black diamond I mentioned for over 3m pounds.

Oh wow, saw that auction and thought nobody would buy it - 3 million o_O

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, saw that auction and thought nobody would buy it - 3 million o_O

Oh the magnificent array of top gems I could buy with that much $. But it spoke to at least 2 bidders enough to reach that amount. I figured it would sell (bragging rights to own the largest faceted diamond) but not for nearly that much.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Oh the magnificent array of top gems I could buy with that much $. But it spoke to at least 2 bidders enough to reach that amount. I figured it would sell (bragging rights to own the largest faceted diamond) but not for nearly that much.

Yeah, I totally don't understand the attraction of black diamonds. It just looks like plastic.

But I guess different folks, different strokes. Anything is possible. Who knows, there might even be a buyer for @fredflintstone's used new toilet seat - maybe it'll speak to someone :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I totally don't understand the attraction of black diamonds. It just looks like plastic.
Not really. Black diamonds have a metallic like luster, and plastic, looks more like well, plastic. They even coat black spinel to look more like black diamond because the sheen is so desirable. However, black stones are not for everyone regardless.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Somebody's gotta buy this rock :lol:

Or for that matter, collectors of things that meterorites hit - sorry, off-topic but couldn't resist :mrgreen2:

LOL that doghouse! Estimate price 200-300k USD (really?) but the current bit is only 1.6k :D

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
They even coat black spinel to look more like black diamond because the sheen is so desirable.

Really, didn't know that - you learn something new everyday! Still, black stones are not my thing. Onyx I don't mind.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
LOL that doghouse! Estimate price 200-300k USD (really?) but the current bit is only 1.6k :D

Love the part where they provide a picture of the family and the dog with it. For authenticity :lol:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe there'll be a furious bidding war in the last few minutes :lol:

It is entirely possible, the description mentions:

"A meteorite that battered a mailbox, tearing it off its post, in Claxton, Georgia was sold at auction in 2007 for $83,000. The most famous object impacted by a meteorite occurred almost immediately after a young woman bought her grandmother’s old Chevy Malibu for about $400. After being struck by the Peekskill meteorite one week later, she sold the car for $69,000. It subsequently changed hands for $230,000 in 2010"

Never wanted some object of mine to be hit by a meteorite before today.

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
15+ct vivid blue emerald cut diamond to be auctioned for 48m

Personally, I'm not that impressed with the color. The Oppenheimer Blue and Blue Moon seem more saturated. It does look much better in the last video in the post, so maybe its a lighting thing. Wish we could see all three side by side :kiss2:

274068662_519606572817623_3127212999644909758_n.jpg

To compare, here's the Oppenheimer Blue:

The Blue Moon

(by the way I'm avidly following the dog house auction:lol-2: )

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15+ct vivid blue emerald cut diamond to be auctioned for 48m

Personally, I'm not that impressed with the color. The Oppenheimer Blue and Blue Moon seem more saturated. It does look much better in the last video in the post, so maybe its a lighting thing. Wish we could see all three side by side :kiss2:

274068662_519606572817623_3127212999644909758_n.jpg

To compare, here's the Oppenheimer Blue:

The Blue Moon

(by the way I'm avidly following the dog house auction:lol-2: )

More saturation in these videos???

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
More saturation in these videos???

Definitely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results