shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's gotta buy this stone, "If I won the lottery" edition

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Another interesting find... unheated Kashmir sapphire for a relatively reasonable price (I've seen 3ct ones with this asking price). Report by AGTA which I think is considered a good lab.

6.03ct Sugarloaf
just under 90k

Maybe some issues with the stone that are not determinable from the images (too dark, inclusions, or sometimes these have greenish zoning)

first_5026972c-85e7-4912-9b0a-d867c1f6b493_700x.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just saw my true Holy Grail stone.

A G color, cushiony, 3.46 OEC. It’s literally perfect in every way. No clue what the cost was, but I am certain it’s a “lottery” stone for me! :D

B4B286FB-07F9-47C6-B2C3-80B1AD405346.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

A G color, cushiony, 3.46 OEC. It’s literally perfect in every way. No clue what the cost was, but I am certain it’s a “lottery” stone for me! :D

OMG…That’s gorgeous!

My sister inquired about this stone on IG last week. $50k! That’s a lot of scratch-offs.

But I agree, it’s a total knockout.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My sister inquired about this stone on IG last week. $50k! That’s a lot of scratch-offs.

But I agree, it’s a total knockout.

Wow that makes me feel a whole lot better, hah! There wasn’t even a glimmer of hope, so thank you for assuaging the pangs in my heart!

@Cerulean Sorry, the pangs may return momentarily!

That wasn’t actually the stone she asked about (not even the same seller, or cut, or size, or color, or clarity...lol). She did show me the one you posted, right before showing me the $50k one (below):

She bombards me with diamond pics daily — easy to lose track, haha.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

That wasn’t actually the stone she asked about (not even the same seller, or cut, or size, or color, or clarity...lol). She did show me the one you posted, right before showing me the $50k one (below):

Ahhhh yes I see! She’d probably be able to pick each one out of a lineup no problem…I get it!

Considering this one has a lower a color than my holy grail, maybe mi amor was even pricier! At least, that’s what I will tell myself…I know the seller Sin City has criminally good prices, which is why her items are snapped up in minutes

*sigh*

This too shall pass!

Snowbebe

Rough_Rock
She listed the price at 58k before it was deleted.
Ahhhh yes I see! She’d probably be able to pick each one out of a lineup no problem…I get it!

Considering this one has a lower a color than my holy grail, maybe mi amor was even pricier! At least, that’s what I will tell myself…I know the seller Sin City has criminally good prices, which is why her items are snapped up in minutes

*sigh*

This too shall pass!

She listed the price as 58k before it was deleted.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
She listed the price at 58k before it was deleted.

She listed the price as 58k before it was deleted.

Phew! Excellent price, but still not for me! Thanks for sharing!

Snowbebe

Rough_Rock

Dang~~~~ I inquired about this one too and was given a price of 54.5k. Your sister got quite a discount.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wonder if she is selling this 18 ct, it's got to be more than 1/4 of million USD now.
OK guys....we seriously need to pool our resources and buy it, make a fabulous piece of jewelry and timeshare it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I find them a tad overpriced so haven’t actually been to the shop :razz:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock

D3DA2829-E563-4E2E-86D4-9E252662346C.jpeg

I saw (what must be) the same benitoite for sale online years ago and saved the image from the original listing! It was a different seller and the price was public. Didn't screenshot the listing itself, but I called the image '5ct 175k', so that's about 35k per ct. Wonder what they're asking now. Loved seeing this post, thanks.

5ct 175k.jpg

Here are more 'budget friendly' ones - still need to win the lotto for them though.

3.6ct, 55k

3.07ct, 45k

Last edited:
Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw (what must be) the same benitoite for sale online years ago and saved the image from the original listing! It was a different seller and the price was public. Didn't screenshot the listing itself, but I called the image '5ct 175k', so that's about 35k per ct. Wonder what they're asking now. Loved seeing this post, thanks.

5ct 175k.jpg

Here are more 'budget friendly' ones - still need to win the lotto for them though.

3.6ct, 55k

3.07ct, 45k

When I was at the gem show recently, Vance Gems had quite a bit of Benitoite, but I didn’t inquire about prices. I brought my one carat eye clean stone to show Elke (the owner), and she wanted to buy it from me, but she said I should probably keep it as prices are continuing to climb and there’s nothing coming out of the mine now. She also could tell who cut my gem, that’s how rare they are. So back to the safety deposit box it goes. I bought it 25 years ago.

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
When I was at the gem show recently, Vance Gems had quite a bit of Benitoite, but I didn’t inquire about prices. I brought my one carat eye clean stone to show Elke (the owner), and she wanted to buy it from me, but she said I should probably keep it as prices are continuing to climb and there’s nothing coming out of the mine now. She also could tell who cut my gem, that’s how rare they are. So back to the safety deposit box it goes. I bought it 25 years ago.

I have such a soft spot (pun unintended) for benitoite. I only have over one over 0.5ct heated orange one. It reminds me of orange/imperial topaz with hints of pink and yellow, due to strong pleochrism. But it is similar to citrine in it's brownish shift under some light. Quite pretty otherwise. Yes, prices are definitely rising for classic blue benitoite over 1ct. Must feel nice owning one! Personally I prefer the oddities - the oranges, colorless, bi colors, zoned ones.

Some dealers who specialize in benitoite that I spoke to didn't even know that purple/pink benitoite exists! And I didn't know til I read a G&G article, fall 1997, page 19. I can't imagine how rare those are. Not the most attractive pink, but lotto worthy, probably. Here's the pic.
Screenshot_20210912-201009__01.jpg

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have such a soft spot (pun unintended) for benitoite. I only have over one over 0.5ct heated orange one. It reminds me of orange/imperial topaz with hints of pink and yellow, due to strong pleochrism. But it is similar to citrine in it's brownish shift under some light. Quite pretty otherwise. Yes, prices are definitely rising for classic blue benitoite over 1ct. Must feel nice owning one! Personally I prefer the oddities - the oranges, colorless, bi colors, zoned ones.

Some dealers who specialize in benitoite that I spoke to didn't even know that purple/pink benitoite exists! And I didn't know til I read a G&G article, fall 1997, page 19. I can't imagine how rare those are. Not the most attractive pink, but lotto worthy, probably. Here's the pic.
Screenshot_20210912-201009__01.jpg

Benitoite reminds me of violet blue spinel.

Most people didn’t know zoisite could be pink or yellow either until recently. They only know it as violet tanzanite, whose color is very similar to Benitoite as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results