s-l1600.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Really nice plat art deco eternity with nice engraving, good price, size 8

And now for the small fingers also beautiful engraving:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing around and came across this ring and I'm drawn to it...center stone isn't graded but idk, price doesn't seem too bad? Let's say it's really an M, not a J...I found a 1.04 M SI1 on OWD for $3,000. I dunno, maybe it is too high lol, you'd think after all these years on PS I'd have a better feel for these things. I just think the video is so purdy!

1D76BC09-26D0-4F93-BE52-8D0A837B1007.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I was browsing around and came across this ring and I'm drawn to it...center stone isn't graded but idk, price doesn't seem too bad? Let's say it's really an M, not a J...I found a 1.04 M SI1 on OWD for $3,000. I dunno, maybe it is too high lol, you'd think after all these years on PS I'd have a better feel for these things. I just think the video is so purdy!

Very pretty ring and a fair price! Here's another comp for an 1.10 ct L at $3250.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

That's pretty good, actually.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spotted this on Etsy and thought it was super pretty but at $2499, too expensive.

Well on EBay it is $1499 BIN AND accepting offers :-o

The center is obviously an OEC and not a rose cut, it looks to have a possibly pinkish tint to it and a pretty setting:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I spotted this on Etsy and thought it was super pretty but at $2499, too expensive.

The center is obviously an OEC and not a rose cut, it looks to have a possibly pinkish tint to it and a pretty setting:

I wonder what the strategy is here. Doesn't Ebay charge a higher commission than Etsy?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what the strategy is here. Doesn't Ebay charge a higher commission than Etsy?

I believe so, maybe it is a pricing error. I was surprised myself.

ETA: Etsy’s fees have gone up I believe by quite a bit and they charge fees on both the item price AND shipping cost. So maybe EBay is less expensive to sell through now.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I believe so, maybe it is a pricing error. I was surprised myself.

ETA: Etsy’s fees have gone up I believe by quite a bit and they charge fees on both the item price AND shipping cost. So maybe EBay is less expensive to sell through now.

I think eBay is a 15% on jewelry; I don't know what Etsy fees are

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hold on m, let me just sell this kidney real quick and I’ll get right on that @lovedogs :lol:

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I very briefly tried selling my stuff nobody wanted on LT on Etsy without success at a loss. If you think people are ballsy on LT, Etsy is a whole other world- or was for me. People would message and ask for more than 50 percent off. I think that's maybe why?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I very briefly tried selling my stuff nobody wanted on LT on Etsy without success at a loss. If you think people are ballsy on LT, Etsy is a whole other world- or was for me. People would message and ask for more than 50 percent off. I think that's maybe why?

Wait, is that a thing?? I always just thought with Etsy, the price was the price. Am I just a dope?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lala646, I sold on Etsy a few years ago, mainly vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls if you can believe it. People would definitely try to bargain, although nothing as crazy as what @elizat experienced.

It never hurts to ask, actually just favoriting an item usually gets you a coupon, so there’s that if nothing else.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wait, is that a thing?? I always just thought with Etsy, the price was the price. Am I just a dope?

I kind of thought that too or I just thought I’ll message that person on IG and see if they will sell it for cheaper on IG but I usually don’t expect that much of a discount! Maybe 10% or 15. That’s nuts @elizat . I have a similar experience with Poshmark. With clothing and purses not jewelry – those people get on my nerves so bad because I will have some thing for sale for say $100 and they will offer $20.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Yeah I got a lot of people asking. Honestly most people were other shop owners. I never really asked for discounts ever on Etsy. I felt that it was a similar situation, and that unless I purchased it off platform, like through Instagram the price was the price! I even had people wanting me to just name a discounted price, for the lowest I would accept for an item! I told them no thanks, make an offer and I'll respond!

I did not like the Etsy experience. It was also always very unclear as to what your actual fees would be, because if they put your item on a search, or marketed it through whatever means they do, they would take an undetermined fee. I had one return. I ended up having to take a loss of about $150 out of pocket to take the item back. That's when I decided Etsy was done!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I kind of thought that too or I just thought I’ll message that person on IG and see if they will sell it for cheaper on IG but I usually don’t expect that much of a discount! Maybe 10% or 15. That’s nuts @elizat . I have a similar experience with Poshmark. With clothing and purses not jewelry – those people get on my nerves so bad because I will have some thing for sale for say $100 and they will offer $20.

Poshmark is the worst! I used it very briefly. The whole "follow" and share listings was maddening as well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think eBay is a 15% on jewelry; I don't know what Etsy fees are

Etsy charges 6.5% flat fee based on the purchase price3 plus 3% to process payment. And if the buyer comes from an outside ad (which the storefront owner has absolutely no control over and doesn't know until the transaction is complete) ANOTHER 12%-15% is charged on top of the 9.5% (15% if the storefront sells less than $10K/year, 12% if more). Yes, these fees are also charged on shipping because people were "selling" something for a very low price and charging a lot for shipping so Etsy caught on and now charges on everything.

Not sure if this info is helpful, but that's how the fees work on Etsy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've had a few people ask for a deal. If they buying multiple items and I can combine shipping then I will entertain it. But in general my pricing is so rock bottom anyway I am not inclined to discount. Never hurts to ask though I guess!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back when I was on Etsy, they were always messing with their algorithm. At one point they were pushing free shipping, they wanted all sellers to ship free, which means that the shipping got built into the selling price. Well if you didn’t offer free shipping then your listings were moved further down in search. This of course affected your sales and profit, basically like punishment for not following the “Etsy way”.

Being at the mercy of whatever experiment Etsy decided on week to week is why I left.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Back when I was on Etsy, they were always messing with their algorithm. At one point they were pushing free shipping, they wanted all sellers to ship free, which means that the shipping got built into the selling price. Well if you didn’t offer free shipping then your listings were moved further down in search. This of course affected your sales and profit, basically like punishment for not following the “Etsy way”.

Being at the mercy of whatever experiment Etsy decided on week to week is why I left.

They still do. And when you do input shipping, for something with a higher value with insurance, say $25 to ship a 2k item, which doesn't even cover it, they have a pop up that says it's too much and buyers expect free shipping or shipping under $8 or something like that. At least I got those pop ups.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results