shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I spotted this on Etsy and thought it was super pretty but at $2499, too expensive.

Well on EBay it is $1499 BIN AND accepting offers :-o

The center is obviously an OEC and not a rose cut, it looks to have a possibly pinkish tint to it and a pretty setting:

Maybe I’m crazy, but I made an offer and it was accepted. Fingers crossed it’s light pink and not champagne.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems I have a thing for coming across this cut lately. Prongs look a little chewed up but maybe a jeweler could fix them up.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m making homemade chicken stock today so I have a lot of time to peruse the web :D

How about a Crisscut band? Size 5.25 and supposedly easily sizable. I would want a pic of the maker’s mark before purchase.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I’m making homemade chicken stock today so I have a lot of time to peruse the web :D

How about a Crisscut band? Size 5.25 and supposedly easily sizable. I would want a pic of the maker’s mark before purchase.

That vendor has some really interesting/quirky pieces.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
With everyone's recent love for carre cuts, I wanted to share this platinum halo featuring some lovely carre cut diamonds. Watch out-- small size 4 (ish) US.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With everyone's recent love for carre cuts, I wanted to share this platinum halo featuring some lovely carre cut diamonds. Watch out-- small size 4 (ish) US.

That price makes no sense...how is it so cheap If the diamonds are natural? I feel like it has to somehow be fake

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That price makes no sense...how is it so cheap If the diamonds are natural? I feel like it has to somehow be fake

It might have to do the currency conversion? The yen low right now.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock

A couple thoughts....

1) If you do a search, Komehyo and other Japanese ebay sellers are generally well regarded and reputable. Komehyo is actually a huge reseller chain in Japan (there's actually a really cool vlog of a girl going shopping for bags in that area).

2) They're only advertising it as natural stones--- this is likely a heavily treated sapphire (I have another one in my cart that's advertised as no heat and it's significantly more)

3) It's secondhand/used -- they're typically pretty competitive with their pricing (see #1)

4) Carre cuts aren't very in-demand. While pricescope has taken a liking to them, we're just one small corner of the internet and I don't think the demand is there in the larger market (see also the person who posted a 2 carat Carre in a freaking beautiful setting that was like, 13k TOTAL).

5) Returns are offered. I returned something pretty painlessly to purpose japan (there's some letters/vowels missing in the ebay username-- will look it up)

I've also personally bought from Komehyo (a platinum, diamond and aquamarine ring for $450 a few years ago) and found them to be great. At this price, I'd personally only buy the ring I listed for the setting, and if you ended up liking the sapphire, that's fine. But it's a great deal for someone who's struck by that style of halo and I think it would be pretty easy to put a custom cut garnet or something pretty in it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple thoughts....

1) If you do a search, Komehyo and other Japanese ebay sellers are generally well regarded and reputable. Komehyo is actually a huge reseller chain in Japan (there's actually a really cool vlog of a girl going shopping for bags in that area).

2) They're only advertising it as natural stones--- this is likely a heavily treated sapphire (I have another one in my cart that's advertised as no heat and it's significantly more)

3) It's secondhand/used -- they're typically pretty competitive with their pricing (see #1)

4) Carre cuts aren't very in-demand. While pricescope has taken a liking to them, we're just one small corner of the internet and I don't think the demand is there in the larger market (see also the person who posted a 2 carat Carre in a freaking beautiful setting that was like, 13k TOTAL).

5) Returns are offered. I returned something pretty painlessly to purpose japan (there's some letters/vowels missing in the ebay username-- will look it up)

I've also personally bought from Komehyo (a platinum, diamond and aquamarine ring for $450 a few years ago) and found them to be great. At this price, I'd personally only buy the ring I listed for the setting, and if you ended up liking the sapphire, that's fine. But it's a great deal for someone who's struck by that style of halo and I think it would be pretty easy to put a custom cut garnet or something pretty in it.

Good to know!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@lala646, I went and had a look and came up with this. Yeah I would say some unique finds there!

I saw that one! Completely charming in its own special way. And I bet you'd never run into anyone wearing a ring like it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This ring is an additional 40% off right now:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring is an additional 40% off right now:

It’s gone! That was pretty!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
A couple thoughts....

Yeah Komehyo is legit. If you buy direct from them or even through Rakuten it may be even cheaper. Returns may be harder though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @lulu_ma! I don’t even know if I would buy one now but I did ask what size it is. He/she mentioned that it was XL so that may not work anyway.
Oh-I figured it was a small size since it was shown snug on a pinky:roll:. How was the pricing?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results