shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's perfect, from color to stone size to the deep engraving....and I have no money.
I'm going to try to have a dupe made, somehow.
So! Somebody be a love and buy it, so I can shamelessly copy it, hmm? :bigsmile:

I crushed hard on that one too. I’m learning yellow is NOT my color but by Jove she’s a knockout!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love this antique bracelet! It has amazing detail and workmanship.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1443348482...rentrq:d336873317d0aaf5e1aa099afffa7c32|iid:1

bracelet.jpg

So pretty. There’s a more blinged out bracelet that’s similar to this with Romanov Russia but it’s much more expensive

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ladies - is it just me or is this a good deal overpriced?

I’m totally smitten with this bracelet but I could never spend this kind of money! Have you seen designs like this before?

027E5D17-3B21-4FB7-AC03-B4967FA483CB.jpeg

Grymera

Shiny_Rock

I’m totally smitten with this bracelet but I could never spend this kind of money! Have you seen designs like this before?

I don’t think it’s a screaming deal but I also don’t think it’s outrageous. The bracelet looks to be very finely milgrained and detailed. To recreate, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was $5k for David Klass to do that level of work. Then you add in $1k for the center diamond and let’s say $2.5k for a parcel of smaller diamonds. That puts you at $8.5k to remake, but then it’s not a true 1930s antique. Ideally the price would be lower or the diamond the bigger for the price. And the color isn’t so great, but again, I think it’s lovely. If the seller could come down a bit, could be a great piece.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It may be just me
But I do seem to be leery of all listings from this particular seller.
:shrug:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think it’s a screaming deal but I also don’t think it’s outrageous. The bracelet looks to be very finely milgrained and detailed. To recreate, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was $5k for David Klass to do that level of work. Then you add in $1k for the center diamond and let’s say $2.5k for a parcel of smaller diamonds. That puts you at $8.5k to remake, but then it’s not a true 1930s antique. Ideally the price would be lower or the diamond the bigger for the price. And the color isn’t so great, but again, I think it’s lovely. If the seller could come down a bit, could be a great piece.

You’re probably right! Appreciate you helping me think through the costs.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It may be just me
But I do seem to be leery of all listings from this particular seller.
:shrug:

I’m not familiar with this seller at all…I’m curious what red flags are there with them if you don’t mind weighing in?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not familiar with this seller at all…I’m curious what red flags are there with them if you don’t mind weighing in?

Their pictures (and sometimes even descriptions) usually seem too good for the price point.
And just the sheer qty of stuff.

I have no experience with them so I may very well be unjustly skeptical.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Their pictures (and sometimes even descriptions) usually seem too good for the price point.
And just the sheer qty of stuff.

I have no experience with them so I may very well be unjustly skeptical.

That’s helpful. I see what you mean now honestly

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a tiny ring finger? Size 3, tiny?? If so, here's a screaming good deal on a gorgeous setting from Single Stone with a 1ct OMC. I'd buy it myself if I thought there was any way I could size it up to an 8.5. :cry2:
1639952933113.png

Do you have a tiny ring finger? Size 3, tiny?? If so, here's a screaming good deal on a gorgeous setting from Single Stone with a 1ct OMC. I'd buy it myself if I thought there was any way I could size it up to an 8.5. :cry2:
1639952933113.png

Omg this is my dream setting! But what will I do with this?? Gr.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg this is my dream setting! But what will I do with this?? Gr.

Buy now, ask questions later :lol:

Seriously though the Singlestone ring looks very similar to the ring you’re selling on LT. Gorgeous ring btw, I admit to ogling over it when I saw it last night :kiss2:

Buy now, ask questions later :lol:

Seriously though the Singlestone ring looks very similar to the ring you’re selling on LT. Gorgeous ring btw, I admit to ogling over it when I saw it last night :kiss2:

Ikr?? Ugh, somebody buy this SS ring and put me out of my misery please.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a question, could the ring possibly be re-shanked for a larger ring size? I know when resizing up is not an option that is usually the only recourse.

Just to be clear, I am not asking for myself because my pot is empty, but for others that would otherwise purchase if the size wasn’t an issue.

ETA: I’m thinking the cost would probably be $500 or less, maybe still worth it for someone if this is a dream ring.

Here is a question, could the ring possibly be re-shanked for a larger ring size? I know when resizing up is not an option that is usually the only recourse.

Just to be clear, I am not asking for myself because my pot is empty, but for others that would otherwise purchase if the size wasn’t an issue.

ETA: I’m thinking the cost would probably be $500 or less, maybe still worth it for someone if this is a dream ring.

Good point. I would assume it could be done without huge issues. It might be a bit out of round... but I had a ring resized from a 9 to a 4.25 and it looked great. Of course, it's much cheaper to size down than up.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
P.s. if any of you fabulous people stumble upon a delicious 2+ carat OMC in an elongated-cushion shape during your online perusals, please let me know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really quick as I am running out the door, wanted to post this ring that I spotted in their IG story this morning. You will have to reach out for the price if this is really calling you, I think it’s pretty magnificent.

9F4B8EAA-D610-435E-AD81-76775A1FA353.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that ring I posted above is 1100 pounds or $1433 dollars, and a size 6.25

Last edited:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish it weren't so busy and just had the carre cuts :(

Yeah, I hear you on that. Idk I kind of like it, but I tend to be a little gaudy sometimes so….:shifty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they have a ton of cool stuff. Now falling down their IG rabbit hole haha

They really do and their prices are pretty reasonable IMO. I have inquired on a few pieces but am always hesitant to buy international after having a return to the U.K. (Not this seller) become a nightmare.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I never understand the rationale of raising the price when items are relisted.

Agreed. It is pretty much generally accepted that once the potential buyers know the price that it was, they don't respond well to hikes. If I really want something and the bolded scenario has occurred, I contact the seller and say, "I thought I saw this at x price and now its gone. Is this a different piece? What happened to the other one, was it sold?" At that time, knowing that they have a buyer that knows the original price and is serious enough to ask questions--they will:
A) 98% of the time offer to sell at the original price
B) 2% not answer :lol:
I have heard that sometimes the "rationale" is that the sellers think that the buyers may have perceived the item was not a worthy piece (fake, whatever) when the price was lower:roll:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard that sometimes the "rationale" is that the sellers think that the buyers may have perceived the item was not a worthy piece (fake, whatever) when the price was lower:roll:
Oh that's an interesting rationale. I always assume that when a piece doesn't sell that it means the price is too high for what it is. Generally not that the price is too low :roll2:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that's an interesting rationale. I always assume that when a piece doesn't sell that it means the price is too high for what it is. Generally not that the price is too low :roll2:

Oh, I agree with you. But, this is what some sellers have justified the hikes with. Sometimes, I can kinda see their point, like if it is a designer piece and the seller was initially trying to give a good deal. Then if no one bought, sometimes the seller thinks the price may have been too low for the potential buyer to think it was authentic, so they raise it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results