shape
carat
color
clarity

Some progress. Now looking for a good RB

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well..... what setting do you like best? Or think she will like best?

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
I think she prefers the WF setting :( sorry Niel

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ballercaller|1368662271|3447719 said:
I think she prefers the WF setting :( sorry Niel

haha dont apologize!! shes the one wearing it, I was just going to say, whichever is the best setting is probably the best place to go with. Seem like you have your answer!! :D

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I think i've got it narrowed down and am pretty close. It will be from whiteflash since the setting i want will be from there, and it will be 0.8ct.
Right now it will be between the two

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2813897.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2928620.htm

Anyone think one should be taken over the other? I plugged the numbers into HCA and it looks like the F has better results overall.
All the other 0.8s on the site don't seem to match up to these 2 really, unless I missed a hidden gem?

Also, i wish i could afford the platinum setting, but it is down to 18K and 14K. I know this usually is preference, but its so hard to decide between the two. I want the whitest looking, but also the most durable. So many decisions!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they are both 100% eye clean I'd go with the cheapest

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1368803141|3449001 said:
If they are both 100% eye clean I'd go with the cheapest
from what I've been told they are 100% eye clean.
I used that HCA site you posted and plugged in the 2 stones, and the F had excellent for the first 3 categories and very good whereas the G had very goods. Is there much noticeable diff between an excellent and very good?
The thing I don't understand is can an SI1 can be completely eye clean on the face and the sides even a few inches from my face? Thats the only concern I have as I don't want to see an inclusions at all

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
The .804 F SI1 has one or two inclusions directly over an arrow or arrowhead, and I think that is not great because it's going to be seen as a cloud or spec or something. You see them on the ASET and Ideal-Scope images. I'd be a bit wary of that one until I'd looked at it in person.

All diamonds are graded face-up. If you don't want to see anything from the sides, that is an additional condition to have the vendor inspect for and make certain of before you buy it.

eta: WF definition of eye clean from their site = No inclusions visible face-up at a distance of 8-10 inches in natural lighting to a person with 20/20 vision. So make sure you and they are on the same page regarding what's acceptable.

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
Just for future reference, you don't use the HCA for AGS000 stones. AGS already measures light performance. HCA is used as a rejection tool only. I still like the 0.804 F SI1 the best, and its a bonus that it's cheaper.

Yes, an SI1 stone can be completely eye clean even from a few inches, even the rare SI2 can be eye clean. If you specifically told them your standards of eye clean, and they said it was, then I wouldn't worry too much. You can ask your rep to get their gemologist look at the stone again (I asked them for my stone), and ask them to look at the stone from all angles/distances.

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
TC1987|1368804810|3449028 said:
The .804 F SI1 has one or two inclusions directly over an arrow or arrowhead, and I think that is not great because it's going to be seen as a cloud or spec or something. You see them on the ASET and Ideal-Scope images. I'd be a bit wary of that one until I'd looked at it in person.

All diamonds are graded face-up. If you don't want to see anything from the sides, that is an additional condition to have the vendor inspect for and make certain of before you buy it.

eta: WF definition of eye clean from their site = No inclusions visible face-up at a distance of 8-10 inches in natural lighting to a person with 20/20 vision. So make sure you and they are on the same page regarding what's acceptable.

do you mind letting me know where exactly I should be looking? Not sure how to interpret these images. hmm.. now i'm worried

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
I think TC1987 was concerned about these:

aset_inclusion.jpg

is_inclusion.jpg

I find it strange that it doesn't show up in the AGS report. These are intensely magnified pictures though, so it could still be eye clean. The only way to be 100% sure is, well to look at it in person. That's where your WF rep and their gemologist comes into play. I tend to be trusting of WF reps. They proactively told me that a stone I was looking at had a inclusion visible from 6 inches, even though it was within their eye clean standards.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
.804 F SI1 arrowhead at 9:00 and arrow "body" (if that's the right word) at 3:00 (More worried about that dark blob at 3:00)

.805 ct F SI1 that I posted, arrowheads at noon and 6:00 and arrow body at 6:00, but the dark specks are much smaller

WF might be right and these really are not seen without magnification. But if they are dark crystals and you tilt or rock the diamond, I am thinking that the ones in the .804ct F SI1 might be seen. That's what you need to ask. White inclusions hide better than dark ones.

That said, I have an I1 diamond and an SI2 and it's impossible to keep a diamond ring spotlessly clean, so I am not a stickler for totally internally clean, either. I just mentioned it b/c my SI2 has a dark spec that can be seen face-up under certain conditions, and I would call it not eye clean but by the 8-10" rule, it would be eye clean.

804fsi1.jpg

805fsi1.jpg

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Thanks,
so basically as long as this can only be seen under a microscope it should be fine right? Would it affect anything else like the sparkle? If it is true that the stone is 100% eye clean for my standards (which is viewing from really close), everything should be ok right?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ballercaller|1368806556|3449051 said:
Thanks,
so basically as long as this can only be seen under a microscope it should be fine right? Would it affect anything else like the sparkle? If it is true that the stone is 100% eye clean for my standards (which is viewing from really close), everything should be ok right?

I think you will be fine with any as long as the SA you are speaking with says from all angles at maybe 6inches or so, they are eye clean.

Edited for spelling ::)

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
^ Agree.

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
^ Yep same here

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone. puts my mind at ease

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
hawk25|1368806243|3449047 said:
I think TC1987 was concerned about these:

aset_inclusion.jpg

is_inclusion.jpg

I find it strange that it doesn't show up in the AGS report. These are intensely magnified pictures though, so it could still be eye clean. The only way to be 100% sure is, well to look at it in person. That's where your WF rep and their gemologist comes into play. I tend to be trusting of WF reps. They proactively told me that a stone I was looking at had a inclusion visible from 6 inches, even though it was within their eye clean standards.

out of curiosity, which rep/reps did you deal with?

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
I worked with Liza, and probably drove her mad with back and forth emails, chats, special requests and changing orders. Wouldn't be surprised if she groaned every time she saw a message from me :oops:

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
hawk25|1368817492|3449168 said:
I worked with Liza, and probably drove her mad with back and forth emails, chats, special requests and changing orders. Wouldn't be surprised if she groaned every time she saw a message from me :oops:
lol
yea I'm dealing with her too and she has been very helpful and patient. I can't imagine what she has to go through if there are others like us and our indecision's lol. hopefully in the end though you got everything that you asked for

p.s.
also noticed you're from ontario too lol

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
The reason I brought that up is that the arrows are usually not seen as "black lines" in real life. They are white or silvery or they are throwing the broader flashes of color that come off a H&A diamond. But they are not black unless they are reflecting something dark like the camera or some other nearby object. (Well, there are ways to cut the diamond that are less than ideal and will cause black arrows all of the time, but you are not looking at any diamonds with issues like that.)

A black or dark inclusion would stand out against white arrows.
NewRing0399.jpg
file.jpg

That ring belongs to Ellen. It's a 1.40 G VS1, roughly 7.4mm diameter
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-upgrades.49892/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-upgrades.49892/[/URL]

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
interesting... do you think this would only be noticeable if you are really looking for it?
The rep told me that since it's on a darker spot it would be like 'black on black' and not be noticeable. but from what you are saying this isnt the case

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ballercaller|1368821654|3449204 said:
interesting... do you think this would only be noticeable if you are really looking for it?
The rep told me that since it's on a darker spot it would be like 'black on black' and not be noticeable. but from what you are saying this isnt the case
Do you think maybe just so you'd feel better maybe just go with another one?

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1368821964|3449208 said:
ballercaller|1368821654|3449204 said:
Do you think maybe just so you'd feel better maybe just go with another one?

:( I don't know if there is much of a selection that matches this stone overall aside frombtue othrr F stone
Well I asked for more pics of the stone, so maybe through that i'll get a better sense of the stone

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ballercaller said:
So I obtained a couple more pics of the stone. Overall i guess it looks ok.
One thing on the hand photo, one of the arrows is silver while the rest are dark. guessing it has something to do with camera angle or reflection?

I think it looks lovely. And yeah those arrows will reflect the color of something right in front of them. The camera is probably in front of most of that stone, but not all, so one of the arrows is a different color. Here's an example of them when my blue phone is right in front of my ring

Looks like they may have done that on purpose. Sense I think that had an inclusion doesn't it.

uploadfromtaptalk1368875172297.jpg

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
That ring is gorgeous. What are the specs and ring size if you don't mind me asking

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ballercaller said:
That ring is gorgeous. What are the specs and ring size if you don't mind me asking

Thanks! Its a 0.84 k vs1 I bought last month. It was about 2k. Compromises a bit I color saves a lot of money. K is too low for many to consider, I rarely see any tint though, and when I do its a soft bone/ off white color. Never yellow and not unattractive at all... I can understand your reluctance to go that low, but an I or j are a good way to save you some money, which is why I suggested it. But an F will definitely be white! So you're very safe there. But yeah its a 6mm stone, and I have larger fingers, and I think it still looks like a nice size. But then again, I live in the Midwest. Most people don't wear 1ct stones.

Here's another pic of it in my office. I think its pretty colorless. Not trying to persuade you one way or the other though. I think your current plan is a nice safe one if you don't know how color sensitive she is.

uploadfromtaptalk1368886220557.jpg

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Yea I don't want to risk her colour sensitivity. The only uncertainty is the inclusion which I'm soley basing on the rep, but she keeps reassuring me that it is eye clean for my standards. Its too bad I can't see it in person, the trade off of buying online. Makes it tricky to ship since I'm not in the US. I'm just hoping I can go with my gut and just assume I'm being too over analytic on something that will be smal

ballercaller

Shiny_Rock
Me again lol

I did more reading and have seen some people ask gemologists to take a look at the stone. I know someone here also mentioned they did something similar. Anyone else do the same and recommend it, or am I going overboard?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results