2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
forgot photo
emembarrassed.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Found another:

akmiss''s .60ct G SI ACA in the Vatch Grace and before in a solitaire.

AKMISS1dd.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
great thread dreamer. this thread is a great inspiration.

I''m also going to halo my solitare original ring.. one of these days....

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
In fact Dreamer, I'm gonna split shank micro pave and halo the original solitare... well er, um

some day far in the future...

but seriously,the before and afters on this thread are a great source of inspiration, and give food for thought.

Dreamer, Are you thinking of putting your gorgeous G in a halo? Wowza, if so...

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread Dreamer! I have to say I love an elegant solitaire, but what a huge difference to the size (finger coverage) it make all those diamonds look so much bigger - very tempting
31.gif
Gorgeous rings ladies...........
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
such a fabulous thread - it''s amazing how different the same stone can look!

Sue777

Rough_Rock
I was so sad to see that this thread ended on page 4 - I was enjoying it so much! Perhaps I can help get it going again -- I picked up my halo last night. I think people were right when they said I''d probably want to consider a new WB .... the three row channel wedding ring with the 1.5 carat stone now wrapped in a halo really is a bit too much, even for me!
Sue
(I wish I could figure out how you all take such great pictures of your rings - mine always come out lousy but I''ll keep trying)

PICT6364.JPG

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Another....

PICT6380.JPG

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Another....

PICT6384.JPG

Sue777

Rough_Rock
One more

PICT6389.JPG

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Hand shot on my big, size 8 finger.
7.gif

PICT6397.JPG

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Oh, and forgot to mention, in keeping with the "before and after" theme of this thread, the "before" is in my avatar. :)
Sue

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 12:41:59 AM
Author: Sue777
Hand shot on my big, size 8 finger.
7.gif

Lovely new setting Sue - it looks great!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sue, who made your setting? It looks really great, I love the profile of it.

BTW- I LOVE this whole post!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
One of my favorites- I am so in love with halos and never even knew about them until PS!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva-- can you tell me where that half bezel setting is from? I LOVE it and am on the hunt for one (I am torn between BGD and WF). Sorry, with the search being broken I have to get your attention this way ;-)

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 2:49:53 PM
Author: petrock<3
Sue, who made your setting? It looks really great, I love the profile of it.

BTW- I LOVE this whole post!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
One of my favorites- I am so in love with halos and never even knew about them until PS!
Are you asking the name of my local jeweler or the designer who he got the setting from? Unfortunately I can''t tell you the designer''s name..... I spent a lot of time with my jeweler showing him photos and drawings of what I wanted and he came back from New York the next week with this setting. I loved it so I gave him the "go ahead" to set stones in the shank and in the halo, move my center stone from my old setting to the new one, and Voila - he produced this beauty which I am VERY happy with.

Now I have to go back and tell him what I want for a matching wedding band, as soon as "I" figure out what I want. :)

Sue

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LURVE all these halo'es. It's really amaaaaaaazing how much BIGGER those diamonds look.
30.gif
30.gif

Yeah, I'm definitely a halo lover!
18.gif
1.gif

Could you guys please help me with something? Who does the best-looking but least expensive halo?

What about halo with bezel vs just halo? What are your thoughts?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
For various reason I neded up not keeping my Scott Kay setting, thought long and hard about what I really wanted because I was not going to reset again, and that was a halo setting. This is my permanent, never going to reset setting, and I''m thrilled with it. Thought I would add the before and after!

Before- SK solitarie with pave sides.

SKregretsetting.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, I apologize for these being so big. I don''t know how to do a side by side photo collage...

After- pave 4 prong halo with two matching bands. It is definitely the push up bra of settings!

lastresetever.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Feb!! Is that the original halo you first got from Jared? I think this one is hands down the best. Never switch it.
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:35:08 AM
Author: february2003bride
Whoops, I apologize for these being so big. I don''t know how to do a side by side photo collage...

After- pave 4 prong halo with two matching bands. It is definitely the push up bra of settings!

wow- that''s gorgeous!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Laila and Maevie for being so kind! I should have gone with the halo setting originally last week. It was the one I really wanted but the Scott Kay setting was such a good deal that I went for it. Mrs. Salvo's tag line rings very true! I started to really regret it over the weekend and Monday went and reset it into the set I knew was the right one for me and am so glad I did! DH suggested the second pave wedding band and I just adore how it looks! Laila, it's similar to the halo I had but 4 prong and the diamond is set as low as possible, which makes a huge difference. At some point I will be adding a thin diamond and amethyst or blue sapphire band to the set.
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for any new additions! :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o Whoa!

Feb03, what a transformation!

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for bumping this thread!! It's so timely since I've been dreaming about halos lately but too embarrassed to inquire since I've only had my ring a month. :oops:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fed03 - the band on either side is my favorite look with a halo - so pretty!!!!

PoshPrincess

Rough_Rock
All of these are just gorgeous. I can't believe how much more finger coverage you get by adding the halo!!!! :shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results