color
clarity

Solitaire to halo... before and afters!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 10:54:22 PM
Author: Bliss
I'm loving these transformations.

Seeing my old solitaire setting makes me miss it, though. Sleek, simple and understated. Oy!
I'm probably in the minority here but I prefer the look of the solitaire. For me, it's not all about 'finger coverage' but more about elegance.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halos can be just as elegant as a solitaire (think Harry Winston, Leon, etc.)
30.gif
Pure class.

I think that's a bit rude Londongirl. No one goes around saying solitaires are boring or for people who can't afford blingier settings. Different strokes, ya know?
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 3:18:33 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 11/25/2009 12:39:22 PM
Author: Kelli
Huh. This is a great thread, very interesting! Some I think look better with halos, and some I really prefer as solitaires. I guess that means I''ll keep my solitaire and save for a halo RHR.
31.gif
I think it depends on the style of halo, and that is personal taste KWIM?
4.gif
Seems from the photos that halos always add finger presence though!
What a fun thread! And ditto on it really depends on the style of the halo, and what you like. I''m a solitaire girl for the most part, but man, the presence that a halo adds just can''t be beat!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 2:12:07 PM
Author: 1001smiles
Halo wins in my book!
Here''s my re-set into a Verragio halo, center is 1.5 ct G/VS ACA from Whiteflash. Love the new setting, no regrets.
This might be my favorite halo ever.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 9:44:13 AM
Author: Laila619
Halos can be just as elegant as a solitaire (think Harry Winston, Leon, etc.)
30.gif
Pure class.

I think that''s a bit rude Londongirl. No one goes around saying solitaires are boring or for people who can''t afford blingier settings. Different strokes, ya know?
2.gif
LOL! This struck my funny bone.

And I agree with what you are saying.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chictomato''s .72 E before and after!

chictomato.72preandpost.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH everytime I look through this thread I want a halo
41.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Chictomato''s is so impressive! I can''t believe how much size halos add. I was telling my husband that I didn''t need to upgrade my stone to a bigger one, I should have just put the original in a halo.
4.gif

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 1:39:37 AM
Chictomato''s .72 E before and after!
This is one of my favorites!!!

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
WOWEEEEE

love this website soooo much!!! I too am normally a solitaire kinda gal but this thread is making me want to save my pennies for a RHR halo styleee I love the pear shape halo so unique and pretty

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
can i just say...

i love - and i mean truly love want to spend the rest of my life worshiping it from afar kinda love - risingsun''s halo.

marion - Best. Halo. EVER.

stunning.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 12:24:45 PM
Author: whitby_2773
can i just say...

i love - and i mean truly love want to spend the rest of my life worshiping it from afar kinda love - risingsun's halo.

stunning.
I lurve you, Whitby
30.gif
Too bad we can't hang out and play in each others' jewelry boxes
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 1:48:20 PM
Author: risingsun
Date: 1/15/2010 12:24:45 PM

can i just say...

i love - and i mean truly love want to spend the rest of my life worshiping it from afar kinda love - risingsun''s halo.

stunning.
I lurve you, Whitby
30.gif
Too bad we can''t hang out and play in each others'' jewelry boxes
9.gif

chuckling here...

and i''ll bet i''d LOVE to play in your jewelry box! and if you like eternity rings or bands in general, i''m your girl! i''ve often thought PS should have a swap/borrow section... :D

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This is for you, Whitby. An up close view of my halo setting. Enjoy
9.gif
I do love stacking rings and don't have any. I think your "swap/borrow" idea is a winner
2.gif

HOF reset deck 2 010 bbeee.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 2:30:33 AM
Author: Londongirl1

Date: 12/8/2009 10:54:22 PM
Author: Bliss
I''m loving these transformations.

Seeing my old solitaire setting makes me miss it, though. Sleek, simple and understated. Oy!
I''m probably in the minority here but I prefer the look of the solitaire. For me, it''s not all about ''finger coverage'' but more about elegance.
Just wondering why you think a halo cannot be elegant?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
risingsun, I am a three stone or solitaire girl through and through, but your halo...well...I love it!!!
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 10:13:08 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
risingsun, I am a three stone or solitaire girl through and through, but your halo...well...I love it!!!
30.gif
Thank you for your kind compliments, Bella_mezzo
1.gif
I loved my former setting, but once I laid eyes on this one--I was a goner!!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/15/2010 9:23:39 AM
WOW. Chictomato''s is so impressive! I can''t believe how much size halos add. I was telling my husband that I didn''t need to upgrade my stone to a bigger one, I should have just put the original in a halo.
4.gif

Tks dreamer dachsie for the post, and to all the kind comments:) I need a little help here, I am searching for a eternity band to sit flush with the halo ring, is it possible? If not are there other suggestions? TIA
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 1:46:28 AM
GAH everytime I look through this thread I want a halo
41.gif
+1 here. i could never reset my ering since its an heirlook ring, but garsh, i want one! i guess that''s what my colored stones are for.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 5:28:40 AM
Author: chictomato

4.gif

Tks dreamer dachsie for the post, and to all the kind comments:) I need a little help here, I am searching for a eternity band to sit flush with the halo ring, is it possible? If not are there other suggestions? TIA
2.gif
I personally really like the non-flush look. Am I correct tht your ring has an elaborate basket that is rounded out from the band? I think this means you can''t get a flush ring unless yo get a curved band, which I personally don''t like the look of, and froma practical side the wb would spin sometimes and end up with the curve in the wrong place which would annoy me anyways. I think a band that is the same style and thickness of the shank of your e-ring would look great.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/16/2010 4:02:33 PM

4.gif

2.gif

I personally really like the non-flush look. Am I correct tht your ring has an elaborate basket that is rounded out from the band? I think this means you can''t get a flush ring unless yo get a curved band, which I personally don''t like the look of, and froma practical side the wb would spin sometimes and end up with the curve in the wrong place which would annoy me anyways. I think a band that is the same style and thickness of the shank of your e-ring would look great.

Tks dreamer dachsie! I am not into the curved band too:) currently I am wearing my plain platinum wedding band (quite thick, around 3.5mm) with the halo e-ring. It does not sit flush, but the round basket kinda ''overlap'' my platinum WB. I think it still looks fine to me:) But I just love stacking rings for more BLINGS:) I thought of getting a eternity band and stack my platinum WB and lastly the halo e-ring:) do you think its too much? What style of eternity band would you suggest:)? channel set, pave etc? TIA!

Photo0765.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love halos and decided when I bought my pear diamond to have a halo setting made in platinum. However, when I got it, I just didn''t like it. Strangely, it looked smaller and the dimensions of the actual halo were "off". Normally halo''s give the impression of a much bigger diamond but in this case it didn''t. So I did the reverse! I removed the halo and went with side pears. I adore it now and wouldn''t change it!

Normally, if it glitters, I''m a great fan of a halo but in this instance it just didn''t work!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 1:50:27 AM
Date: 1/16/2010 4:02:33 PM

4.gif

2.gif

Tks dreamer dachsie! I am not into the curved band too:) currently I am wearing my plain platinum wedding band (quite thick, around 3.5mm) with the halo e-ring. It does not sit flush, but the round basket kinda ''overlap'' my platinum WB. I think it still looks fine to me:) But I just love stacking rings for more BLINGS:) I thought of getting a eternity band and stack my platinum WB and lastly the halo e-ring:) do you think its too much? What style of eternity band would you suggest:)? channel set, pave etc? TIA!

Chictomato, I have to say that I LOVE the thickness of your wedding band with your ering! I just love how they both look like distinct pieces. In terms of stacking...I like the look of a shared prong band the best, but I think channel set bands are a little more versatile for stacking because you don''t have to worry about diamond girdles rubbing and damaging another ring. This won''t be an issue if you only put the eternity next to your plain band, but a channel might give you more options in terms of stacking :)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks you EHR2009 for the reply:) Looking at your pict, I am sure you are one ''expert'' in ring stacking! Ya I did read about issues on diamond girdle eating metal away. Can I know if would you suggest a full round or half round channel set eternity band? Picture reference is most welcome
2.gif
TIA!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
vgirl17''s cushion halo before and after.

vgirl17cushionhalo before and after.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 8:21:20 PM
9.gif
I do love stacking rings and don''t have any. I think your ''swap/borrow'' idea is a winner
2.gif

marian! i only just saw this!

holy mother of bling that setting is well made!

and bella - i''m a 3-stone girl too. so i wonder what it is about marian''s halo that attracts 3 stone girls like us to it? maybe the way the band extends the center stone/halo setting? i just love the flow of it across marian''s finger.

that''s a true jewel, marian... :)

mani5ha

Shiny_Rock
Trade
i LOVE THIS THREAD! keep em coming!! Lovely Halos ladies!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 2:55:07 PM

9.gif
I do love stacking rings and don''t have any. I think your ''swap/borrow'' idea is a winner
2.gif

and bella - i''m a 3-stone girl too. so i wonder what it is about marian''s halo that attracts 3 stone girls like us to it? maybe the way the band extends the center stone/halo setting? i just love the flow of it across marian''s finger.

Thank you, Whitby
13.gif
I posted gallery and profile views in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/round-halo-side-profile-views.134958/ for your viewing pleasure
9.gif
I was wondering if I should get another curved band to fit on top of the ring, but I don''t think I have enough room left under my knuckle!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 12:10:08 AM

9.gif
2.gif

Thank you, Whitby
13.gif
I posted gallery and profile views in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/round-halo-side-profile-views.134958/ for your viewing pleasure
9.gif
I was wondering if I should get another curved band to fit on top of the ring, but I don''t think I have enough room left under my knuckle!

i was *so pleased* you didn''t get a second curved band! it keeps it looking like an engagement and wedding ring set, and somehow it just pulls more attention to your gorgeous halo, rather than swamping it with lots and lots of pave.

and - is your stone a HOF?? i didnt know that! that explains a LOT! it''s like the proverbial ''pool of light'' - it''s so WHITE!

love the craftmanship in the knife-edge band. it''s just perfect!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 8:41:23 AM

Date: 1/29/2010 12:10:08 AM

9.gif
I do love stacking rings and don't have any. I think your 'swap/borrow' idea is a winner
2.gif

and bella - i'm a 3-stone girl too. so i wonder what it is about marian's halo that attracts 3 stone girls like us to it? maybe the way the band extends the center stone/halo setting? i just love the flow of it across marian's finger.

that's a true jewel, marian... :)
Thank you, Whitby
13.gif
9.gif
I was wondering if I should get another curved band to fit on top of the ring, but I don't think I have enough room left under my knuckle!

i was *so pleased* you didn't get a second curved band! it keeps it looking like an engagement and wedding ring set, and somehow it just pulls more attention to your gorgeous halo, rather than swamping it with lots and lots of pave.

and - is your stone a HOF?? i didnt know that! that explains a LOT! it's like the proverbial 'pool of light' - it's so WHITE!

love the craftmanship in the knife-edge band. it's just perfect!
Thank you for talking some sense into me and saving me some money!! I agree that a third band would be too much--even for me
6.gif
My diamond is a HOF. Despite the premium, it was worth it to me. This is my forever ring and if I start talking about upgrading again, feel free to apply brief therapy in the form of a smack on head
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results